The funny things thread

Gorth

020.jpg

Courtesy of Liberty Meadows.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Getting those TekTronix oscilloscopes was a God-send back in my labs. Cool video

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How many is The Only Way is Essex into now?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ever wonder i Firefly was good because it didn't get a dozen seasons.

Well if it had more seasons it would have gone through the usual, everyone hooks up with everyone, someone dies/transforms into a demon from another dimension, then they get back together; despite all the grudges, for the sake of something greater than themselves and just when they are about to fight it they cancel the series without a conclusion.

It's the Whedon cycle.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Scale of Universe

Pretty cool. Ah the Sloan Great Wall. Also ****ing embedding

Edited by Gorth
Language
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Whilst perusing the Witcher forums for mods, I came across this rather biting piece of ribaldry:

This just in: Renowned video game developers Bioware/EA have announced that despite creating over one thousand seperate pieces of downloadable and pre order content for their latest eagerly awaited masterpiece, they have forgotten to make the ACTUAL game.

One Mass Effect 4 developer who has been on the crunch since disco admitted that the game just got overlooked. "Dude, we were just so busy coding various tat for nickle and diming the suckers that we kind of forgot there WAS a game."

An EA executive when asked for comment announced that all dlc will be fully playable in other games and that there are no plans to actually release Mass Effect 4, because and I qoute: "We've allready made more cash selling a non existent product to our discerning customers than Michael Jacksons plastic surgeon, so screw 'em."

Fan reaction has been mixed with many long term fan stating that this was just a matter of time, however a large and vocal majority of fans (the Dragon Age 2 Fan Troop or 2 D.A.F.T.) have come out defending Bioware's corner. Stating that the developers are implementing all their dlc in other cross promotional games and that players shouldn't have the temerity to ask for an actual stand alone game, 2 Daft have called for the imprisonment and eventual execution of anyone caught criticising or not offering blood sacrifice to their lord and god, a move which EA has stated that they are considering for their next end user license agreement.

In this reporters opinion the assault course, kidnapping, robbery and torture that are required in the current eula are enough, but it seems that the pirate menace which funds terrorism and the drug trade (which EA are currently trying to corner the market on) may drive the publisher to develop such stern measures.

As always this is the Dirk Thrustington AI, bringing you your future news. Give us a minute and we'll condense ten thousand years of history into easily manageable soundbites.

Bit harsh but rather amusing.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Being an officer is a physically demanding job. If you can't restrain a non violent middle class kid you should be behind a desk or not in the police force. In other words, stupid lazy bitch.

And in the background:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xV8cBnGu4

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I still get a better sense of someone's height when they say they're 6'3" than I would for 190 cm or something along those lines.

191cm, ha!

Your puny inches would deprive me of that important cm.

If you can't restrain a non violent middle class kid

How come you didn't tell us you were visiting the states, Boo?

I hope you're not expecting a prize for that astounding deduction :p