Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The funny things thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
538 replies to this topic

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2672 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Posted Image

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5209 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Always liked Eeyore.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2672 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
And for the news related commentary..

Posted Image

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
or you know, at least pay for services rendered

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5209 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Hey, at least they didn't kill the hookers and secret their bodies someplace.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2672 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Heh, that reminds me.. one of my friends is getting married. The bride is Mexican, so the plan is for the English side to head out there for the actual wedding.
In discussing whether to hold the bachelor party in the UK, or in Mexico, the groom was saying he wasn't sure strippers is the best route and that maybe we should just go for a hunting cabin, beer and such like. The bride overhears and isn't that happy with the idea of killing small animals. Groom asks her if she'd prefer he spent the night with strippers around and she was kind of "eh" on it. So he stopped, had that whole "lightbulb over head" expression and went with "Okay, let's combine the two. We can go to Las Vegas and kill a Hooker!"

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3569 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I cant believe we waste such time and money acting outraged over hookers. Seriously, they better never follow a carrier battle group into the Philippines or Thailand or they are going to seen what cant be unseen.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9733 posts
Isn't that why some of those guys have been asked politely (but firmly) to move out of Okinawa?

It probably bothers me less that they have sex while abroad than they may have used their "status" to get it (not to mention that it is an incredibly stupid PR move). Might also be worth considering the security risk, as not all the women may be who they pretend to be. I know where I would go recruiting if I wanted somebody to plant a bug (no, not the klamydia kind) on the SS guys.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5209 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Posted Image

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9733 posts
I love the little "stick men" drawings :)

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3569 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Isn't that why some of those guys have been asked politely (but firmly) to move out of Okinawa?

I think thats more due to a series of crimes committed over the years.

It probably bothers me less that they have sex while abroad than they may have used their "status" to get it (not to mention that it is an incredibly stupid PR move). Might also be worth considering the security risk, as not all the women may be who they pretend to be. I know where I would go recruiting if I wanted somebody to plant a bug (no, not the klamydia kind) on the SS guys.

Ill agree that maybe those particular individuals should be a little more careful but thats not the vibe I get regarding the mock outrage. They are trying to pretend its something new that hasnt gone on across all branches of the military since WW II. Well, I cant speak for "all" branches but as far as the Navy was concerned there were hookers lined up four deep waiting for our liberty boats to make land.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5617 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Not everyone gets to know about these things, mate. If they did we wouldn't have hipsters.

Amentep

Amentep

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3199 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ill agree that maybe those particular individuals should be a little more careful but thats not the vibe I get regarding the mock outrage. They are trying to pretend its something new that hasnt gone on across all branches of the military since WW II. Well, I cant speak for "all" branches but as far as the Navy was concerned there were hookers lined up four deep waiting for our liberty boats to make land.

Did they exclaim "Hello Sailor!"?

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3569 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
No, but Ive actually had one approach me with the immortal line "me love you long time". Good times.

*wipes tear from eye*

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3914 posts
Good times? You mean long times?

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5209 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
And STIs.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5617 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
'STI'?

In my day we had STDs.

I mean generically.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3569 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Eh, it was a different era. A few weeks at sea, bank accounts swollen with nothing to spend it on, 25:1 exchange rates, 5000 drunks streaming off an aircraft carrier like a zerg swarm...stuff is going to happen. They once asked us to leave St. Thomas (Virgin Islands), lol.

If you guys ever watch Flight of the Intruder it has an amazingly realistic portrayal of what it was like to party in the Philippines.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8052 posts
I liked this one:

http://screenshotsof...air.tumblr.com/

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4498 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Eh, it was a different era. A few weeks at sea, bank accounts swollen with nothing to spend it on, 25:1 exchange rates, 5000 drunks streaming off an aircraft carrier like a zerg swarm...stuff is going to happen. They once asked us to leave St. Thomas (Virgin Islands), lol.

They were afraid they were going to have to change the name of the islands?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users