Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Movies you've seen recently

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
522 replies to this topic

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1399 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I just finished watching Moon, I'm a bit late to the party but it was a good film, I basically sat there and accurately predicted most of the plot, normally this pisses me off but I was just pleasantly satisfied instead.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Gold Backer
Watched the Norwegian film Dead Snow last night which was surprisingly good. Although I was expecting a lot worse. :lol:

Here's the summary from imdb. A ski vacation turns horrific for a group of medical students, as they find themselves confronted by an unimaginable menace: Nazi zombies.

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:burnoutboi

http://moviebob.blog...ie-we-need.html
God Bless America
The movie we've all been secretly waiting for.

The opening scene Shakes The Clown was pretty hilarious.

I was ten years old when Police Academy came out. My parents took me to the theatre and I thought it was teh funneh, but there were parts of it involving a podium that I just didn't understand at the time. My dad told me to be quiet because I kept asking out loud 'what's so funny? What's that woman doing down there?'

Ah, to be ten again.

Of all the movies I've seen lately ( which hasn't been many) I think my favorites have been Moneyball and Warrior. I didn't think Warrior would be all that great, and I have no use for MMA at all, but I was suprised by how little time it took for it to grow on me.

It's just too bad there hasn't been a great golf movie since Tin Cup.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9814 posts

Watched the Norwegian film Dead Snow last night which was surprisingly good. Although I was expecting a lot worse. :lol:

Here's the summary from imdb. A ski vacation turns horrific for a group of medical students, as they find themselves confronted by an unimaginable menace: Nazi zombies.

You might like this one...

Saw the 'Iron Sky' trailer. Looks like the kind of Instant Classic that 'Dead Snow' was. Earth is under attack by Space Nazi's in UFO's.

SlapHappyJesus

SlapHappyJesus

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:SlapHappyJesus
No movies, but I have been delving into the Gold Box of Twin Peaks that my friend lent me a little while ago. Damn fine show, though I can't shake the 'soapy' feel of everything . . . though calling the show a soap isn't really on-point. Still, it's a very good watch.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7216 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The Adjustment Bureau - Pretty good action/conspiracy movie, Matt Damon and the girl had good chemistry.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Adjustment Bureau - Pretty good action/conspiracy movie, Matt Damon and the girl had good chemistry.

The question of whether its an action movie or a romance one.. ;) Either way, it is quite good.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3576 posts
The girl with the Drago tatoo. Strange phenomenon, but the Hollowood remake is quite a bit better than the Scandinavian original with all the English speaking Sweedes.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5624 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I don't think I mentioned I saw Das Boot.

It really is awesome. Had to watch it in three tranches, but was superbly paced.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Not a movie.. but they had the final ever episode of Hustle tonight.

A nicely done episode with a couple of returning faces, and a con that came down to a redone version of the Sting once more..

It's always quirky to have a show that every now and then breaks the 4th wall by having cast talk directly to the camera.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The Rite.

You know, they didn't have to give Anthony Hopkins that demonic growling voice, he's already scary enough as he is.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The Village from M. Night Shymalan (Director of The Sixth Sense).

Very underrated movie. Not really a horror movie per se, but very clever cinematography, good acting, and quite a shocking end.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2951 posts

The Village from M. Night Shymalan (Director of The Sixth Sense).

Very underrated movie. Not really a horror movie per se, but very clever cinematography, good acting, and quite a shocking end.

I think I lost whatever measure of respect that I for you over that statement.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3576 posts
I kinda dug it. The premise is pretty stupid, but the exectution wasn't bad at all.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I think I lost whatever measure of respect that I for you over that statement.

Uh, okay?

Spoiler

Gonna get some of these other movies from Shymalan, the guy has potential. Scrap that. The guy is really good.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7216 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
It became trendy to hate on M Night Shamylan a few years back. I think it's just because Sixth Sense was insanely good, and it is hard to live up to that every time out. I thought The Village was one of his better films.

Just don't watch the Mark Wahlberg one, that one was better off not happening.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.. the rest have just seemed to lose the plot. Or just become fairly.. inane rather then meaningful or smart.

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1949 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Spurred on by the Honest Hearts dlc for New Vegas I watched an old favourite, the Mission with Robert DeNiro and Jeremy Irons. Fantastic movie where DeNiro actually seems to vary up his performance and for once not just rely on the same old tools. It's all the more striking when you realise it was based on actual events.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Spurred on by the Honest Hearts dlc for New Vegas I watched an old favourite, the Mission with Robert DeNiro and Jeremy Irons. Fantastic movie where DeNiro actually seems to vary up his performance and for once not just rely on the same old tools. It's all the more striking when you realise it was based on actual events.

Have you not seen Stardust yet? DeNiro has a small changeup in that.. ;)

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:burnoutboi

Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.. the rest have just seemed to lose the plot. Or just become fairly.. inane rather then meaningful or smart.

This.

I just finished watching Stand By Me again. Wonderful film.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users