Movies you've seen recently

Tale

I'm not sure about Drive... the 80's styling / homage thing was a bit too contrived for me. And Ryan Gosling as an actor is a bit too cool for school. He was _much_ better in that politics movie with George Clooney.

No Country for Old Men? 75% genius, 25% meh. The book was awesome, though.

I haven't seen a History of Violence, but I think it has Viggo in it. I could watch him paint a wall and be interested, he's a great actor.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I haven't seen a History of Violence, but I think it has Viggo in it. I could watch him paint a wall and be interested, he's a great actor.

Funny, because he is a painter.History of Violence is a damn good movie, No Country for Old Men sucked though.

I don't know why but I lose a little respect when someone says they liked that movie or that it was genius.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I have a bargain bucket movie called 'Valhalla Rising' which I might watch later. It looks really, really bad. Not Dolph Lundgren mit plastic dragon bad, but bad nonetheless.

The trailer made it look really good, the movie itself was slow and boring with odd visuals. Trailer = Badass Viking Flick, Movie = Arthouse Mind****.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It was just grossly misrepresented in the trailers. When you pack every single action scene in the movie into the trailer, then have a 2 hour movie with 3 minutes of action, thats not representative of the film. So I went into it expecting badass viking flick, I got people dying of dehydration on a boat for 40 minutes.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You Americans

I'll let that go...

Devastatorsig.jpg

I thought that the movie was a bit boring here and there, but overal from the atmosphere, it was very fancy. Wouldn't really want to re-watch it anytime soon, though.

Didn't watched any trailer before, only listened to the soundtrack.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Valhalla rising is very low budget and has practically no dialouge. For what it is it's a pretty awesome achievement. The people who voted it into the worst ever Danish film category are nincompoops.

What you don't get is production value, what you do get is atmosphere and inspired acting by Mads Mikkelsen.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I think the original point was that the trailers were all gung-ho action, whilst the film is pretty much not an action film. The complaint was that the trailers gave you the wrong impression of what the film was about...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Its just personal preference. To enjoy a movie I need a plot, which it lacked.. The only thing that kept me going was the mystery of who One Eye was, which was alluded to in the synopsis and the trailer, but never touched on in the film. Trailer used words to describe one eye, Slave, Warrior, God. Synopsis referred to him as supernaturally strong. Early discussion inferred he may have been Odin, so Odin hooking up with some Crusaders seemed like gold to me. In the end I felt cheated and wanted my time back.

As for being mad, not so much. Sarcasm doesn't work on the internet and I failed at that. Calling a Canadian an American is like calling a Kiwi an Aussie. We get kind of offended but like to play it up as more than it is.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Closing this thread up and starting a new one.

New thread.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."