Movies you've seen recently

Tale

Outlander. Mix of Thirteenth Warrior, Beowulf and Magnificent Seven. Main actor looked like a Christopher Lambert/Billy Zane hybrid. Pretty weird movie.

Jim Caviezel - You might remember him from the last remake of "The Count of Monte Cristo", as well as the currently running tv show "Person of Interest".

I have to admit, I kind of enjoy Outlander it's an interesting use of a fairly typical fantasy/Viking story but wrapped up in limited sci-fi trappings.

That and it has John Hurt and Ron Perlman to add a touch of gravitas, and Sophia Myles for some eye-candy that can act...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Although you do expect some better choices from a man with an IQ of 160...

I guess the needs of a paycheque must take precedence..

Or the nookie. He was dating Grace Jones before he started in movies, ffs.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Jim Caviezel - You might remember him from the last remake of "The Count of Monte Cristo", as well as the currently running tv show "Person of Interest".

He was also a character named "Jesus" in one of those Mel Gibson snuff films.

And he got hit by lightning during the filming of said film. He's also a devout christian, but won't push his beliefs on other people and actually learned Aramaic for the role, not just reading the phrases out loud or such.

Saw Druids with Christopher Lambert as Vercengetorix. Yeah, I recommend everyone see this.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Someone other than me liked Endgame? Unheard of!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Endgame was okay.

But then, I was a fan of the tv series, especially as it smoothed out over the first couple of years.

Adrian Paul shouldn't have been in Endgame, considering how it was completely discrepant with the series, but I guess he was starving for a role back then (the movie came out a couple of years after the series ended).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm glad that they wrapped up the "There can be only one" story arc with the last few movies rather than leaving it up in the air forever. It's just a shame that The Source wasn't a better send-off.

Edited by Serrano

I'm glad that they wrapped up the "There can be only one" story arc with the last few movies rather than leaving it up in the air forever. It's just a shame that The Source wasn't a better send-off.

The Source never happened as far I want to know, I like Endgame too.

Also, good news everyone! Highlander its getting a remake/reboot.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

And he got hit by lightning during the filming of said film. He's also a devout christian, but won't push his beliefs on other people and actually learned Aramaic for the role, not just reading the phrases out loud or such.

Won't push them on other people, apart from vetoing Dagmara Dominczyk's nude scene in said Count of Monte Cristo. I bear him a lot of resentment over this fact.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Only good news if you think Ryan Reynolds makes a good Connor Macleod.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That's fantastic news, actually. Ryan Reynolds makes a good anybody.

do hope they don't push the comedy to much with Ryan as Conner. Maybe toy with a few funny things, but not a LOT of comedy.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Said so long to the House series. The series in general may have become old and stale long ago, but the House/Wilson relationship was still worthwhile, so I liked the way it ended. That, to me, was always the best aspect to the series. Those two actors had a great working chemistry.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For a moment I read that as Ryan Gosling as was very excited .. then not so much.. I think Ryan Reynolds will fit the role of Deadpool a lot better, which he is also rumored to be doing.

Fortune favors the bald.

Ryan Reynolds is the current choice not the definite one, hopefully the director will be talked out of it or they will get a better choice or God Forbid Ryan Reynolds actually does a good job. After all he did the Amityville Horror remake without doing any jokes, so the man can actually do a film without kidding.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The thing for me is that you don't want it to be entirely serious (like ville horror). It's just that if you don't do it right, Ryan could end up accidentally turning it into a more of a farce than an action flick. I'm not saying that Ryan couldn't do it, but just from stuff like Blade 3 I think it'd take a director who could keep Ryan from being to comedic.

Maybe Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth? Both have shown themselves to be able to suit the role better than usual. Or Tom Hiddleston.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.