What are you playing now?

Rayman Origins.

Forget every other game this year, this is my GOTY. It's awesome.

Would you mind elaborating that opinion?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't really know what to say, i'm just very satisfied with everything it offers. Great looking everything, smooth and fun gameplay, amazing soundtrack, enough replayability, humor that makes me laugh, fun characters and enemies.

I doesn't have online coop, but i can live with that. I'll just play it with friends and family.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

So I just installed The Witcher 2 and played through the tutorial. **** is hard.

Is there any reason not to play this game on 'easy'?

(Also it struck me as odd that it auto-detected me for "low" settings on the PC I just built (i5-2500K; 560ti; 8GB RAM). Is the game known for a dodgy hardware query, or are the high settings just that high?)

TW2 is the most demanding RPG around, but you should be able to handle High, just put it up and see what you get. Really looks much better between low and high.

Once you get the hang of how the fighting works it's easier, and also if you use Quen / rolling a lot. But hey, whatever difficulty works best for you, no reason to force anything else.

Playing Civilization V just to get the steam achievements. Just got "bollywood": a cultural victory with Gandhi while only having three cities.

Unlike most steam games, it doesn't show what percentage of owner also have various achievements. Annoying.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Unlike most steam games, it doesn't show what percentage of owner also have various achievements. Annoying.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CivV/achievements

?

3.6% have Bollywood

Still working on my second run of New Vegas. I've gone from 70 hours in the past 2 weeks according to steam. Currently level 47 and have just started on Lonesome Road. I've been working through the DLC and they've all been pretty good. Loved Joshua Graham in Honest Hearts, Dead Money was a tough one with the lack of ammo, Old World Blues had some amazing dialogue and Lonesome Road is starting well with ED-E and the Ulysses interactions.

I've explored a lot more of the main map than I did in my first run. I think I completed the game on release at around level 23 in 46 hours. Missed a huge chunk of the game world including all of the vaults, 90% of the surrounding areas in Vegas, anywhere that had deathclaws and more. After finishing up the DLC I'll probably clear our Jacobstown and help out Rex before moving on to the end game. I know there is still stuff that I've missed, but I expect I'll hit the level cap before the end of the DLC and it'll be nice to get some sleep again. Having finished my exams made it far too easy to stay up all night playing. :)

I've been completly unable to figure out how to divebomb and then glide (without flying upwards) .. tier 2 of the augmented reality training is completly impossible for me.. I need a keyboard I think.

Fortune favors the bald.

It didn't know how to divebomb+glide until the section of the main plot where you had to do it to progress. Since then, I've become a dive glide fiend. I managed to complete both of the distance challenges that way.

Anyways, to do it, hold down the L-Ctrl button to dive, tilt the camera (mouse) so you're looking at the sky, and release the L-Ctrl button.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CivV/achievements

?

3.6% have Bollywood

I guess I was looking in the wrong place?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Arkham city. Only half of the new game plus left to platinum, shouldn't take long since i don't plan to do side quests this time. And then i take a break before i come back to deal with DLC challenges and campaigns.

And it's funny how the free Batman inc skin is one of the better ones and they charge for others. XD

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Got bored with Fallout 3 and went back to playing FNV since some of my favorite mods got updated.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Dungeons of Dredmor, moderate, permadeath. I think I've got a pretty good build now (Axe, Dual, Smith, Assassination, Pyro, Burglary, the...Indian Jones thing), but I keep dying rather stupidly - just got to Level 7 over 4 hours then died backed into a corner by some nothing critters. The extreme rarity of instant healing potions makes it much more exciting.

My husband really really likes Borderlands. He tries other ones now & again but I guess it's his go-to-game now. :lol:

Y'know how usually watching someone else play a game puts you to sleep after a few minutes? Don't know what it is, but for some reason I can sit & watch him play BL for hours. It's like playing without having to play. But fits my semi-non-gaming mood, in a strange way. Plus it's fun - at least when it's your spouse & the silly interaction that comes with it, when one is playing/the other watching.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hideous amounts of TOR.

Seriously hideous amounts.

I really should stop that. :lol:

It still has that hunger to hit the quick save button, and I keep hitting decision points where I want to reload to see what happens if I go another way. Actually I think that could be a bit of a pain about it. While you can start up another class for a fresh class story, or at least interesting twists on things that everyone encounters, playing the same class again would mean going through a lot of samey content to reach those decision points.. even if there are a lot of them.

It's kind of interesting on some of the setup, I mean, Republic side gets to Taris in level range of 20-24 or so and has certain story elements, the Imperial side goes to taris around 30-34 level side, and it appears that it's also later in the timeline to the Republic. So you won't encounter Republic players on the Imperial version of Taris, but you'll have a lot of the same areas, but developed in ways that you'd recognise from the world story you would have run into when playing as a Republic class.

Lets you have an interesting shift in viewpoint and seeing just where some of that developing universe goes.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It still has that hunger to hit the quick save button, and I keep hitting decision points where I want to reload to see what happens if I go another way. Actually I think that could be a bit of a pain about it. While you can start up another class for a fresh class story, or at least interesting twists on things that everyone encounters, playing the same class again would mean going through a lot of samey content to reach those decision points.. even if there are a lot of them.

When I was in beta you could hit the ESC key during the conversation and it would reset it back to the beginning. This way if you make a mistake and accidentally choose dark side option instead of light, you can reset it.

Worms.

Having a blast, literally :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The good thing about the Steam Gift Pile promo is that it's getting me to try all these games I've had sitting around. I've had And Yet It Moves for a couple months, and it's a pretty good game. Never touched it. Jaymestown is a more recent purchase, but dang is that fun. Never touched it, either.

Edit: Also rented Gears of War 3. It's Gears of War. Doesn't seem all that different than the last two so far.

The good thing about the Steam Gift Pile promo is that it's getting me to try all these games I've had sitting around. I've had And Yet It Moves for a couple months, and it's a pretty good game. Never touched it. Jaymestown is a more recent purchase, but dang is that fun. Never touched it, either.

Yeah, I got And Yet It Moves in the last Humble Bundle (which I bought pretty much just for Crayon Physics) and haven't touched it yet. If I wasn't busy entertaining my in-laws, I'd probably be taking a look for the "Ooh, potential Free Stuff" factor.

But it's a vicious cycle, as, in my experience, the Steam Gift Pile tends to give out inexpensive games that I'm unlikely to play. So far, I've won Lightfish (the video makes it look like good netbook fodder, but the system requirements are surprising) and Munch's Oddysee (which appears to be a 3D platformer, so I have zero interest).

That said, Frozen Synapse has jumped to the top of my to-play list.

When I was in beta you could hit the ESC key during the conversation and it would reset it back to the beginning. This way if you make a mistake and accidentally choose dark side option instead of light, you can reset it.

Still there.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif