Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
529 replies to this topic

Pop

Pop

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4016 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Aqua Regis
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I've been DMing a (retooled / rejiggered) Van Buren PBP game. It's a bit of slow going (as PBP games are wont to be) and my sea leg acquisition is definitely visible at points but we're nearing the end of the prologue (the Tibbets / Big Empty prison, renamed The Big Top to avoid clashing with Old World Blues). Only took us 2 months and one player dropout!

You can read the thing here, if that's your bag. I've been heavily drawing from advice / documentation I acquired from Josh back in NWN2 day, when he lacked the good wisdom to prevent fans from directly contacting him. I also collaborated with Ausir to some extent when I was first pulling it all together. Good times.

Edited by Pop, 11 December 2011 - 01:29 AM.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2390 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Spurned on by having played through Storm of Zehir, started up a game of Darklands. It's been quite a long time since I played it so feeling a bit rusty all in all. However, it did not take long before it sucked me in completely. A game from the early 90s (92 I think?) does a lot of things better than many games today. The interface is a bit annoying (but actually got into it surprisingly fast again) and combat is not too exciting but man... It's a great game.

Slinky

Slinky

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2176 posts
  • Backer
Continuing with Baldur's Gate. My PC is level 8 berserker and Imoen is dualed from thief at level 7 and is now level 8 mage, and I still have the whole city of Baldur's Gate and all of the expansion content to do.. Having Jaheira and Minc in the party too, I think I might destroy everything in BG2 with ease when I get there =]
Probably going to dual my PC to mage at level 13, shouldn't take too long to get berserker abilites back as I might be at level 9 when I get to BG2.

Also started a new world in Minecraft when 1.0 was released, the most effective spare time annihilator known to man. Got really awesome map, they really made the world generator better.

Still playing World of Tanks too. Remains to be seen how long though, it's turning to be the most expensive "free game" ever FAST.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7222 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm definitely having trouble focusing on much with TOR just around the corner. I ended up playing a few rounds of Battlefield 3. I got teamkilled a few times, one time for jumping in a helicopter that I saw a person in, and then bailing when I realized he wanted me to fly it. I guess this bothered him, so he opened up on me. Then I was killed in a jeep for driving off without someone. I was actually going to pick up a few folks who were running up ahead, but whatever. Hardcore servers are hardcore!

I might go back to Mafia II for a bit, at least the cars in the 50's are a lot more fun.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5405 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Tried some more Tropico 3, still facerolling through things so blehh.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9820 posts
Played half an hour of Europa Universalis III last night. Caught myself trying to pause the Obsidian forum with the space bar... good thing annual leave is coming up in a few weeks time.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5625 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Continuing with Baldur's Gate. My PC is level 8 berserker and Imoen is dualed from thief at level 7 and is now level 8 mage, and I still have the whole city of Baldur's Gate and all of the expansion content to do.. Having Jaheira and Minc in the party too, I think I might destroy everything in BG2 with ease when I get there ;)
Probably going to dual my PC to mage at level 13, shouldn't take too long to get berserker abilites back as I might be at level 9 when I get to BG2.

Also started a new world in Minecraft when 1.0 was released, the most effective spare time annihilator known to man. Got really awesome map, they really made the world generator better.

Still playing World of Tanks too. Remains to be seen how long though, it's turning to be the most expensive "free game" ever FAST.

I dunno. I found dualling a bit empty in such a longrun as the whole Baldur's Gate franchise. A bit more fun to explore single trees in depth. Personal taste, I guess.

Slinky

Slinky

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2176 posts
  • Backer

I dunno. I found dualling a bit empty in such a longrun as the whole Baldur's Gate franchise. A bit more fun to explore single trees in depth. Personal taste, I guess.

The two times I have finished SoA and once ToB, I had a single class berserker, so been there, done that ;)

I'm going to miss out on fighter hi-level abilities on my PC, but I think the spells he gets more than makes up for them.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9579 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I've now beaten all the guild quests in Skyrim. So I think I can put that down for a while.

I may go back to Metal Gear Solid 2 HD Edition. Or I may read a book.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2105 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Just got yesterday International C license gold for every test in Gran Turismo 5... Man I never thought some racing game could be so addictive... Spent more than 6 hours on the License to get it full gold... Besides that I started Star Ocean Last Hope International... Bot somehow I forgot to use save game feature, so after 2 hours of grinding I got owned and I nearly killed my DualShock 3 O.o

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Finally got my C&C Generals copy. Gotta say, while it is in no way as good as RTS giants a'la AoE, SC1 or even the first two C&C games, it sure as hell is better than the latest 3 C&C games. It's a good thing EA decided to reboot the series with a (mostly) fresh team, 'cause that's exactly what the series needs in order to stay relevant.

So far, I'm enjoying it. Chinese sure know how to **** up their enemies.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5405 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Played a bit of Tribes Ascend. Is really fun, nice to know my disc skills haven't rusted up after all these years.

Transcendent Prosper

Transcendent Prosper

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
i was playing Skyrim and suddenly, i lost interest in games, all of them. i think it's my period. i'm finally a grown man now. i have become transcendent.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Silver Backer
Finished Bastion. Still no that impressed and then i saw the credits. Greg Kasavin. I hate that guy.

Transcendent Prosper

Transcendent Prosper

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

Finished Bastion. Still no that impressed and then i saw the credits. Greg Kasavin. I hate that guy.

i was irritated by all those challenge missions and those long boring memory fights, and the actual story and narrative are pretty weak in my book.
i think the demo really brings out the best part of it.
The only things that impressed me besides the demo part are the song and the ending choice.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9820 posts
The heathen here is lost, what is "Bastion"?

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Silver Backer
This

I like the narrator though, he's a got a great voice.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9820 posts

This

I like the narrator though, he's a got a great voice.

Looks like something that would have been released on the Amiga 20 years ago. Nicer graphics though :sorcerer:

I can at least give the demo a try.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9579 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I played it for a while, too. Seems like a fairly pretty hack and slash. I never saw what was so interesting before I got sidetracked by other things. I do need to go back, however. It wasn't bad.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2754 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I've been dabbling at a re-run of Fallout New Vegas with all the dlc. Finished off Honest Hearts, meandered around, just started up the whole Sierra Madre kickoff.

I'm not sure why, but I'm not getting hooked at the moment, having to stir myself up each time to try to get back into the game.

I guess it's one of those odd moods, and no doubt twill pass..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users