What are you playing now?

I've now played a big part of Grotesque tactics 2.

Impressions so far are good. Bad points are controls (especially camera control), but since it's turn based, you can suffer it with not too much pain.

I think it's a bit less linear than the first one and keeps refreshing a bit the humour. The PC is less cricatural and there are a bit more banters from the NPC.

All in all, I don't think it's a bad sequel and if you enjoyed the first one, you will likely enjoy also this one.

Thought the first game was ok, will get this during a STEAM sale.

I've now played a big part of Grotesque tactics 2.

Impressions so far are good. Bad points are controls (especially camera control), but since it's turn based, you can suffer it with not too much pain.

I think it's a bit less linear than the first one and keeps refreshing a bit the humour. The PC is less cricatural and there are a bit more banters from the NPC.

All in all, I don't think it's a bad sequel and if you enjoyed the first one, you will likely enjoy also this one.

Thought the first game was ok, will get this during a STEAM sale.

Gamersgate for me, but yeah. The first one was worth it's money and in this price range, you don't really take great risks ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just finished Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Seemed a cash-in installment. I was afraid Brotherhood was going to be that, but it ended up coming across as a sequel. It really pushed the story forward, introduced notably gameplay revisions. This one had hookblade and den management. That's about it. And nothing really added to the story.

Ezio retires after finding the second apple instead of taking it. The second apple being completely meaningless as we've known it was destroyed since the very first game. And Desmond recovers from the coma that Brotherhood put him in.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Since I'm (hopefully) up & running again, tried a little of everything this evening, to make sure my scheme of copying my Steam apps directory (vs. downloading them all again) worked. It did.

Think I'm going to go with DeathSpank, Borderlands (hubs made me want to play it again) & Saints Row2 this week. Going to put Skyrim on hold until that darn editor is released.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Progressing nicely in Baldur's Gate. Maybe even too nicely, I'm bit worried how strong my pc, imoen, jaheira and misc are going to get until I hit BG2 since I'm using baldur's gate trilogy. I'm getting TONS of experience for disabling traps/unlocking locks/learning spells.

Might make BG2 bit too easy, but at least it helps with dualing. Meh, having fun anyway.

Finished Gemini Rue. Pretty good story. Has some silly pixelhunting and a bit too much backtracking. I don't think there's a logical reason to treat the toilet lid as distinct from the toilet if the toilet itself has no use. Given that it took me forever to figure out the lid is only a couple pixels higher and does have a use.

Now to figure out what to play next. Top of the list are:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Dead Space 2

Catherine

LA Noire

Bastion

Neverwinter Nights 2

Avadon The Black Fortress

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, the new computer is ready, so now I have to decide what to do with it. Spend most of my weekend free time doing installation and file transfer tasks, so once I clean up all the packaging material around my office, I should be good to game.

I think I might wait a bit on jumping into Skyrim, given how much the patches and mods that are likely start flowing early next year will improve the experience.

My video card came with a free copy of Arkham City. And I've actually never finished Arkham Asylum, so I will probably put at least a little time getting back into that. (The swoopy bits were fun but gave me a little motion sickness, and I never found the brawling to be especially enjoyable, but the sneaky bits, the treatment of the character backstories, and the puzzle-solving were certainly worth revising. I'll probably just start a new game on "Easy" and breeze through the actiony content.) I also need to wrap up the last F:NV DLC.

Otherwise, it looks like I'll be watching holiday/post-holiday sales for discounts on many of the past year's releases. It looks like GOG is going to have Witcher 2 for cheap later this week, so that might be the first buy. I'll look for Portal 2 (avoided at full price due to likely motion sickness issues-- I could take the first one in small doses, and I want to play the sequel, but it's tough to justify a full-price purchase of a game that I can only play for 45 minutes or so before I need to take a break and look at things that aren't on a screen), the Shogun remake, and Deus Ex: HR to pop up in the coming Steam sale.

Edited by Enoch

If I remember correctly you didn't like the first witcher at all, so why buy the sequel? Also, I personally found the first one much better.

I'd recommend DX:HR as your first stop.

I actually revisited the Witcher at the urging of a friend and warmed to it a bit. Yeah, the misogyny was still off-putting, the combat gameplay was pretty lame, and the first 2 chapters were boring as hell, but the thematic content and quest design got a lot more interesting in the 3rd chapter.

the first witcher was definitely better than the second, sorry to say :(

i liked the first, didn't love it though, and found the second to be lacking in a lot of areas. Which was really sad, because they did so much right with it, but just enough wrong that the game wasn't very fun to actually play.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I finally gave Assassin's Creed a chance. The game has been sitting on my shelf since I bought it in 2007 (or whenever it was released). I originally gave up on it after playing for about 30 minutes initially.

I enjoyed it. I'm on to Assassin's Creed 2 now.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Skyrim.

Was originally so put-off by the craptacular PC interface that Oblivion had that I was only mildly interested in this game, but after looking at a few gamer-type reviews of the system, I decided to give it a shot.

Best gaming flip-flop of 2011 for me by far. And that includes my about-face on the Dragon Age franchise after reading what DA2 was like (supposedly; closest I've come was the demo and that was enough of that game for me, but after playing that demo I can easily believe what they're saying about the rest of the game).

Am actually rather enjoying Skyrim... more than I've enjoyed most games in the last several years.

Edit: Have been off-and-on considering Assassin's Creed for the last couple years, but the DRM talk surrounding Ubisoft has prevented me from actually buying. Heh. Is kinda weird, and probably not what they intended with their copy protection, but that seems to be the way it works for me. I'll accept a draconian DRM on titles that I really want (probably because at this point I look on DRM as a necessary evil... necessary in the sense that publishers simply don't release games without it anymore, I mean), but for marginal titles it'll just serve to make me steer clear altogether, even for those titles that I might otherwise have purchased. *shrugs* DRM... it makes me laugh sometimes.

Edited by Magnum Opus

Best gaming flip-flop of 2011 for me by far. And that includes my about-face on the Dragon Age franchise after reading what DA2 was like (supposedly; closest I've come was the demo and that was enough of that game for me, but after playing that demo I can easily believe what they're saying about the rest of the game).

It doesn't help that the demo shows the worst part of the game.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It doesn't help that the demo shows the worst part of the game.

The combat?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein