Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CoM_Solaufein

For all the improvements in leveling skills, leveling light/heavy armour still sucks. You need to take damage, which an archer/stealth character wants to avoid as much as possible. I end up standing in the middle of a group of mudcrabs for twenty minutes to raise it.

Of course if you're with a companion, they come rushing in killing all the mudcrabs even if you tell them to wait.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Still enjoying Skyrim, though probably only for another week or so. I'd like to get my sword/shielder up to dragon armour and break out with some really strong enchantments - at level 31 I'm still on Orcish armour with pretty meh enchantments (+25 health, etc). I've mostly put up smithing/enchanting with training and didn't grind at all, but now training costs +2k each time and realistically I'm gonna have to start smithing some stuff to sell or I'll never get there.

I'm going to try and finish all the daedra quests, but I'm finding that they're pretty dumb. I hate how you can't skip through the daedra dialogue because (1) they have even worse voice acting than anything else, ROAR I AM A THIRTEEN YEAR OLD TRYING TO SOUND SCARY, and (2) they have even worse writing than anything else, I LIKE TO EAT BABIES HOW'S THAT FOR EVIL GRARGH FEAR ME. Then of course you get a standard go X kill Y quest. The faction quests too seem rather ho-hum; they're all interesting on paper but then you end up fighting random stormcloaks/legionaries spawning in plain sight like this was Dragon Age 2 or something.

On Master things are still hard, I had to use potions of invisibility to get past a couple of snow bears.

it would be rad if they just did a nice big expansion pack and 1-2 new vegas sized dlc's

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Anyone killed Nazeem? i hate him so much,more than cicero.

PS:Why is magic so underpowered...

Funny you say that, most folks in forums and blogs say magic is actually game breakingly powerful once you get past midway level wise (focusing on magic for 40+ lvls).

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Where do you even get the more powerful spells, or is it just your spells all increase in power? I was disappointed by the lack of spells available so I never went down the magic route.

Currently have a level 40 fighter with daedric armour and ~100 damage 1h sword with health absorb. Strong enough without feeling broken, but I'm now starting to get worn out of Skyrim.

There are epic level spells that require quests at the mage's guild. The conjuration ones are the most powerful, you can have two permanent high level zombies. The destruction spells aren't worth it as you could spam 5 lower level spells in the same interum. Alchemy can increase spell damage, I don't know if the base attribute does anything for damage or resistance. The game doesn't allow you much in the way of stats.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You can't have two permanent high level zombies. The permanent zombie spell only allows lower level (human) zombies than the highest level temporary (just about anything) zombie spell.

Dremora, which don't get a permanent version, are going to be your most reliable.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Looks like I'll be reinstalling Skyrim for a while, tracking down a really persistent crash in New Vegas led me to Project Nevada, it took me a week of testing and I've had to sacrifice a 30+ hour game, I really don't want to play without PN so I'm going to wait and see if the authors can fix it.

I'll pass the time back in Skyrim ;)

Where do you even get the more powerful spells, or is it just your spells all increase in power? I was disappointed by the lack of spells available so I never went down the magic route.

Currently have a level 40 fighter with daedric armour and ~100 damage 1h sword with health absorb. Strong enough without feeling broken, but I'm now starting to get worn out of Skyrim.

Higher level spellbooks will show up when you reach higher levels in destruction.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There is so much to Skyrim I simply am not able to do it all. It really is a amazing game. And I like how all the main characters are flawed on some level as well.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Done with Skyrim now, the second character finished the main quest and I've seen either all or most of the major questlines, as well as 200+ locations and whatnot. It's a much better game than Oblivion, but I won't miss it like I do Morrowind - it just doesn't have its own special feel.

I really liked the challenge at Master level, which generally held up well until I started smithing the best stuff, which is fine. Dragons weren't quite so bad as I initially thought, though I wouldn't miss them if they were gone. The main quest was mainly meh, but nothing as terrible as Oblivion, either. If only you could skip the terrible dialogue. As usual the strongest point of TES is about randomly wandering around looking at the expansive scenery and killing things, and Skyrim did that really well.

Minor thing, but I really wish Bethesda would stop putting in these 'dreamy' sequences - every time they do (1) it's tacky, (2) the actual stuff you get to do is terribly boring, (3) the writing is even worse, and (4) it usually comes packaged with unskippable 'cinematic' crap. Feeding a random collection of words into Sheogorath doesn't make him look megalomaniac or insane, it makes him boring.

Done with Skyrim now, the second character finished the main quest and I've seen either all or most of the major questlines, as well as 200+ locations and whatnot. It's a much better game than Oblivion, but I won't miss it like I do Morrowind - it just doesn't have its own special feel.

I agree, Morrowind's plot was heavy stuff, it's harder to judge Skyrim, the civil war really should be thought of as part of the MQ, the actual Alduin killing part alone was pretty damn short but I genuinely had fun, not much late night pondering of philosophy though :lol:

As for my game, I'm about 14 hours into my second character, a Dunmer dual wielder/destruction mage, having lots of fun zipping around in light armour and dealing good damage, so far I've been happy with the re-playability, this character plays differently to my Nord brute.

how the hell do you dual-wield AND cast magic?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.