Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CoM_Solaufein

Tonight I spent a good while searching Blackreach for the Dwemer transcription thingy, that place is just huge, in Morrowind I was always irked that Dwemer ruins weren't as sprawling as they looked from the outside, no such complaints here.

One thing I'm not getting is a sense of dread, I dunno what it is about Morrowind's world that inspires fear and wonder, something about the sense of history or the fact that more is left to the imagination, on the other hand Nordic tombs full of Draugr creeped me out for a good while, until I started being able to mop the floor with them, which I suppose is logical.

I also faced the first battle with Alduin, I'm level 36 and he hurt me pretty badly, it took lots of reloads and health potions but I'm not really into efficient levelling or godlike characters, I was glad for the challenge

and even gladder to find that the MQ hadn't ended.

I'm looking forward to "finishing" the game though, New Vegas is calling me quite strongly.

Still having fun with my second character, level 11 and I plan to be a bit more selective about quests. The Companions always sounded a bit stupid so let them be, and I'm still finding new quests/dungeons I never visited previously -

the teleporting necromancer in the Hillgrund's Tomb quest

was a big challenge on Master, and I had to use up a valuable scroll of Storm Atronach to get past it.

I dunno what it is about Morrowind's world that inspires fear and wonder

this.

I'll be getting Skyrim for x-mas, since a lot of you seem to be really enjoying it. I only ever played Morrowind, and there's one thing it taught me: if you're not playing a Breton, you're doing it wrong ;)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I also faced the first battle with Alduin, I'm level 36 and he hurt me pretty badly, it took lots of reloads and health potions but I'm not really into efficient levelling or godlike characters, I was glad for the challenge

I'm looking forward to "finishing" the game though, New Vegas is calling me quite strongly.

Yeah, the

first battle

is quite cool. When it comes to the end of the main quest:

the second battle with Alduin is... not good. Just way too easy. Not to mention the awful "SHOUT WITH ME SECTION

Must be the 1.2 patch. Alduin couldn't damage me.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Playing a male Dunmer, your character's FUS ( i think) shout for whirlwind sprint sounds... just like a dog's bark.

So every time I sprint I immediately turn around to check there's no mad dogs chasing my arse.

Yeah, the

first battle

is quite cool. When it comes to the end of the main quest:

the second battle with Alduin is... not good. Just way too easy. Not to mention the awful "SHOUT WITH ME SECTION

I completed the MQ tonight and I have to say I enjoyed it,

I wasn't really bothered that the final battle was easier, I already figured that Alduin would be weakened, plus you've got three demigods backing you up.

Battling through Skuldafn was fun and opening

the portal to Sovngarde

was a cool visual but

Sovngarde itself wowed me, I especially enjoyed meeting characters who'd died during the game, I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't talk more with the legendary characters in Shor's Hall but at least there were no derp moments

My only complaint would be the apparent lack of fanfare from people in the world, also the Blades demanding that I

kill Parthurnax

with no alternate resolution is dumb, you're the walking god-man they were founded to seek out and follow, they're your bitches.

The Thalmor

kind of fell by the wayside too, but there's a silly amount of content I haven't seen yet, maybe I missed something.

I'll probably spend a few more hours messing around but I haven't got the motivation to wrap up any more major quest lines, the Mages, Bards, Thieves and the other begging freeloaders in Skyrim will just have to wait for my second coming ;)

The Thalmor

kind of fell by the wayside too, but there's a silly amount of content I haven't seen yet, maybe I missed something.

I kind of feel that they are there either for DLC or a TES VI.

Yeah I'm betting DLC,or at least hoping, they're the ones I really wanted to start hacking to pieces :thumbsup:

I swear, every time I restart Skyrim, I get a better Axe of Whiterun.

1) Steel Axe with Soul Trap

2) Steel Axe with Absorb... I don't remember.

3) Orcish Axe with Absorb something

4) Orcish Waraxe with Absorb Health

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Cool. Nothing like having patches break the game. I'm keeping my Steam offline. Not that I've been playing any Steam related games lately.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Could also be because they should start a new game but aren't. :x I had this issues often with New Vegas... Game became more ****ty with patches applied, but starting a new game fixed this.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah I'm about ten hours into New Vegas, patched up, DLC'd and modded, not a single crash so far, it's good to be back in the Mojave :x

I'm also struck by how good the writing is, jumping straight from Skyrim it really stands out, as huge a leap as Skyrim is for Bethesda, Obsidian's scripting is far more natural.

From reading around it seems the new patch is safe enough to install. I recently started anew with an archery focused Bosmer.

I'm curious what DLCs Bethesda comes up with, if FO3 is any indication I'd expect something set in Solstheim.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I decided to build my first PC and have been assembling it as the parts arrive from New Egg.

The last part - RAM - arrived today and when I come home, I hope to start it up for the first time. If everything goes well, I'll start a new game of Skyrim tonight and be able to marvel at all the eye-candy I've been missing.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Ln6Qm.jpg

LMAO best cartoon about Skyrim yet!

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I decided to build my first PC and have been assembling it as the parts arrive from New Egg.

The last part - RAM - arrived today and when I come home, I hope to start it up for the first time. If everything goes well, I'll start a new game of Skyrim tonight and be able to marvel at all the eye-candy I've been missing.

i've been thinking of doing this for my next pc, the pieces that worry me most are the motherboard and processor. i've installed graphics cards and ram and power supplies before though, so it shouldn't be too much harder right...

do you have a good guide you've been using? any tips you could share with me?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

make sure the CPU and motherboard are compatible (duh!). also, do a little research beforehand and try to buy a MB that hasn't outlived its time yet, meaning a CPU upgrade in 2-3 years will be viable (also read up on its overclocking capabilities). make sure the MB has enough slots (for two videocards for example, if you're into that kind of stuff). also, my personal preference - a MB with an integrated videocard, just in case. you might want to keep using your RAM with it, so check if the MB supports it.

make sure your PSU can deal with new wattage (if you're not buying a new unit).

I have built a number of PCs, nothing too complicated. just read a bunch of reviews and pick a motherboard that suits your needs, then go from there. the secret is in the maintenance :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.