Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CoM_Solaufein

The engine is good, the graphics are good, but those monotonous caves that never end with the same "riddles" and the same mobs (draugrs), it's getting old pretty fast. And when it already got old, you've still got 90% of the game ahead of you.

Another issue is that even on nightmare difficulty (or how's it called there), nothing is difficult.

My character ended up being a bad mother****er in daggers (backstab x32), bows (backstab x8 I think), magic (destruction, healing, summoning) and even longswords with light armor. Basically a character who's mastered all disciplines. If you tried making a character like that in Morrowing, you ended up with a character who doesn't know how to do anything at all.

My impression is that the game is oriented towards youth and not Morrowing audience.

Replay value is null.

Edited by Delfosse
  • Like 1

I like Skyrim as a setting much better than the generic Cyrodiil, but I can only take as much Viking inspired crap. I truly wish for a future TES game (if the series won't peter out into a MMO) to be set in another exotic setting. Akavir would be ideal (Oriental inspired setting), but I'd grudginly accept Elsweyr as well.

I don't think TES and Fallout are in the same subgenre of games but a game like Skyrim could've desperately needed a good injection of New Vegas into it. And I don't even mean that you could potentially solve all quests in a myriad of ways, but I'm talking about the sandbox style gameplay. Reputation checks, opposing factions where it actually means something where you join, removing plot-armor from the NPCs, a Hardcore mode (makes sense given the environment) etc etc.

That's why I'm curious what Bethesda will do in future expansions/DLCs now that they've established the groundwork with Skyrim.

Shivering Isles after Oblivion had two very distinct factions to choose from, and you could even betray one of them at one point or play them against each other, IIRC.

Bloodmoon and to a lesser extent, Tribunal, had it too.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

dark souls is seriously not to be missed, don't let the hype/anti-hype get to you, its a legit great game

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

dark souls is seriously not to be missed, don't let the hype/anti-hype get to you, its a legit great game

Dude, I played Demon's Souls, and it crushed my soul. Sleepless nights, angry outbursts....I'm just too old for this. I will not go through the same experience again, lest I have to fear for my health and sanity.

Edited by Morgoth
  • Like 1

Well, as much as I like exploration, if the quests, dungeons and story are bland, there's no reason to play it.

I quit Oblivion 20 hours in because the game world felt dead and I started asking myself what I was doing playing it in the first place.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well, as much as I like exploration, if the quests, dungeons and story are bland, there's no reason to play it.

I quit Oblivion 20 hours in because the game world felt dead and I started asking myself what I was doing playing it in the first place.

it doesnt have any quests or story, but the dungeons are the opposite of bland. they are very unique and have tons of character and are extremely well designed, the quality of the dungeons and the depth of the combat are the main draws of the game imo.

wait: im talking about darksouls lol, skyrim has lots of quests, and they are very bland :sweat:

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Bethesda twitted mysterious pic of Eddard Stark in palace dungeon.

Looks like Sawyer from Lost, or like a variation on how the book version of Jaime might look. But Ed?? What's wrong with their designers, do they have **** in their eyes?

Edited by Delfosse

skyrim dlc would make more sense than fallout 4, but those graphics are a lot prettier than the ones in my copy of skyrim

crossbows but no spears? boo

• 2 weeks later...

i just hope it adds new ways to play the game as well as new areas to explore. i'd really like to see the addition of a couple new skill trees, or at least new branches within the trees (maybe a line of spells more focused on undead for conjuration, or a line of spells focused around poison for destruction?)

eh, i guess i could just mod all that in....

ok fine, just add new areas to explore i'll figure the rest out (except spears and spear animations, please put those in for me)

• 4 weeks later...

So.. vampires. And it looks like they're going for a more "integrated expansion" route, rather than a new landmass. Of course, they're also asking $15 so.. mmhh... we'll see?

I fully expect virumor to start commenting on the vampire lore and how the trailer is inaccurate.

Pfeh, hopefully you can kill all of them (the vampires).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy