Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CoM_Solaufein

[Apachii Hair (more and more custom NPCS/followers are using it by default and may crash if not installed)

Caliente Female body mod (CBEE)

Caliente's Vanilla Clothing for CBBE

Better Elven Armor (better recoloring)

Steel Dwarven Armor (ditto elf armor)

Bella's Better Females

Realistic Female Face Skin HD

If you are looking for eye candy followers: Girls of Skyrim (plus the patch)

Also download the free hi res textures DLC from steam

Or you could just get a whore and dress her up in bikini mail, for a fraction of the time and effort.

Or I can import a clown NPC, call it Drowsy Emperor, and have him prance around in game spouting dialog which he thinks is clever, but few else do, becasue he is a attention whore?

Either case without these mods faces and bodies look blocky, jagged due to being 'consolized'. These FX edits actually uses the power of video cards that have been made in the past few years to made NPCs look good. Sorry if you are too snobby to appreciate hi res FX. Some of us do however.

That said back to the main point, I would also install the hi-res water and foliage mod, makes the water and trees look MUCH better and more realistic.

Dude, 4 out of 8 mods you listed are about perfecting virtual girls, so sue me for making fun of your steamy geek passion.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

[Apachii Hair (more and more custom NPCS/followers are using it by default and may crash if not installed)

Bella's Better Females

Or you could just get a whore and dress her up in bikini mail, for a fraction of the time and effort.

Or I can import a clown NPC, call it Drowsy Emperor, and have him prance around in game spouting dialog which he thinks is clever, but few else do, becasue he is a attention whore?

Either case without these mods faces and bodies look blocky, jagged due to being 'consolized'. These FX edits actually uses the power of video cards that have been made in the past few years to made NPCs look good. Sorry if you are too snobby to appreciate hi res FX. Some of us do however.

That said back to the main point, I would also install the hi-res water and foliage mod, makes the water and trees look MUCH better and more realistic.

Dude, 4 out of 8 mods you listed are about perfecting virtual girls, so sue me for making fun of your steamy geek passion.

Applogizes if my suggestion of eye candy/better looking girls makes youi feel uncomforatable, embarrased. Don't worry once you grow up and get past puberty you realize it's not a bad thing or somthing to feel ashamed about. Us adults like eye candy and can handle it without silly remarks.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

First marriage, now adoption. The average Skyrim NPC has less depth than a tamagotchi. Why would I want to adopt one of the ****ers?

First marriage, now adoption. The average Skyrim NPC has less depth than a tamagotchi. Why would I want to adopt one of the ****ers?

Actually its really smart. This new exp pack is all about catering to female gamers. They love building, dressing up, RPing parents/nuturing kids (if you doubt any of that see The Sims player stats). IMO any studio that tried to brings in girl gamers is ok im my book.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

The Elder Scrolls fans like using this kind of mechanics as a crutch for their imagination. If there was MORE writing to the characters they'd probably complain. I mean, hey, they've managed to create a personality for Lydia out of nothing!

:lol:

That's something, I suppose. Planescape: Torment would scare them ****less.

I love Planescape for that very reason. The characters feel more real.

Skyrim though. Eh, I played it for maybe a few weeks in December, then stopped. It feels too stripped down/dumbed down for my taste, especially after playing New Vegas and Inquisitor. All I do with it now is mod it to try and replace what they stripped the game of. Classes, character creation depth, spell-crafting, rounded characters, vibrant atmosphere, and other such things.

Unless Bethesda makes an effort to not streamline their games so much, and then rely on the community to, more or less, do their jobs for them, they will turn into the Square Enix of open world RPGs. I'd rather not see that happen.

Us adults like eye candy and can handle it without silly remarks.

Actually, us adults can handle a joke without flying off the handle.. Watch the tone.

It wasn't a joke, it was a poorly masked snyde remark which I returned, just didn't mask it. Adults can tell the difference.

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was fun the first month. Tried playing once every month since. Still boring even with a few dozen mods. At least Fallout 3 had interesting areas (might be a matter of personal taste.) DISCLAIMER: Every time I mention Fallout 3, I will note that it was terribly written.

Going to be massively disappointing if true because Telvanni do not use stairs but LEVITATION trololol.

It's all but confirmed, we knew far in advance that the first DLC was gonna be called Dawnguard and have crossbows and new vampire stuff from looking through the game files.

I'm hoping for at least some kind of magical teleport-thingy up there. If they've built their tower(s) with stairs, more reason for me to persuade my brother to play Morrowind, to show him how a REAL Telvanni mushroom tower is supposed to look like.

Picked up Dawnguard, so I'm going to give Skyrim a run for the first time since release. Any must have mods beside UI?

Apachii Hair (more and more custom NPCS/followers are using it by default and may crash if not installed)

Bella's Better Females

That covers all the basics most everyone uses

I first laughed at your sarcastic and humorous post, "Must have-mods", good one! :lol:

And then I realized you were serious. :blink:

Edited by AW8

Batman: [intimidate] "Let her go".

Joker: [Failure] "Very poor choice of words."

Yeah I'm expecting some kind of teleporter in place of levitation, or some kind of "levitation circle", stairs would a bit of a bummer for those of us who miss Morrowind's crazily unbalanced mechanics :(

It was fun the first month. Tried playing once every month since. Still boring even with a few dozen mods. At least Fallout 3 had interesting areas (might be a matter of personal taste.) DISCLAIMER: Every time I mention Fallout 3, I will note that it was terribly written.

I had huge amounts of fun in Skyrim, it was very close to what I expected but I agree that Fallout 3 had far more variety, Bethesda's world design high point I think, shame about the sometimes awful writing.

Yeah I'm expecting some kind of teleporter in place of levitation, or some kind of "levitation circle", stairs would a bit of a bummer for those of us who miss Morrowind's crazily unbalanced mechanics :(

I had huge amounts of fun in Skyrim, it was very close to what I expected but I agree that Fallout 3 had far more variety, Bethesda's world design high point I think, shame about the sometimes awful writing.

The first few dungeons are great, then you start to notice how samey it all is. As for roleplaying, there is practically none. The Thieves' Guild fiasco is the worst element by far. It was obviously designed by a high-level designer since it was clearly immune to criticism of any kind. At least with the Dark Brotherhood questline you have the option of wiping them out if you're playing a hero of justice (or have been attacked by their assassins in the past.) You get no such option with the thieves' guild and riften. And then some NPC sells your immortal soul, possibly that of Lorkhan/Talos himself, to some second-rate Daedric Prince and your only dialogue option is to enthusiastically agree? I don't think Beth should even call their games RPGs anymore.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

Well worth the price of admission for the first playthrough. After that, nothing worth going back to. Closer to an Improved Oblivion than Morrowind in that aspect.

• Like 1