Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CoM_Solaufein

Pretty widespread from what I've read, same issues on the consoles too.

After thinking myself rather clever for backing up the exe it turns out they updated Interface.bsa as well, if you use the old executable it breaks the map, it took me well over an hour to put it right but if you look around less reputable places the files from the last update are still available...damn it Steam.

The longer I play the more bug show up. My fence keeps asking me if I want to upgrade a POS guild armor I sold ages ago and I can't get to the sell/buy screen to unload my haul. The dark brotherhood quest line is stuck in a loop, the same 3 assassinations who mysteriously come back to life every time I get done with them. The eye texture bug is back, using the latest GFX drivers...

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

my next playthrough i will only accept quests i intend to complete immediately. that way i won't have tons of quests in my "to do" list, so i can hopefully avoid the quest "tunnel vision" that I, and others, tend to experience in these kinds of games.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well, I finished the main quest. It was okay, but nothing special. End boss was pathetic, I just pressed and held the left mouse button to unleash Lightning Storm and that was that.

I killed 30 dragons in total, the majority of those on mountain tops (never experienced any dragon "cliffracer" syndrom other people appear to have), still need to kill 14 to master all shouts.

So far I say College of Winterhold > Thieves Guild > Daedric quests > Main quest > Companions.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Archery is quite fun, though it progressively became a bit too weak for me at higher levels. But maybe because I couldn't really enchant great bows.

Restarted with a Dunmer, planning to either two-hander or 1h+melee plus alteration.

So far I say College of Winterhold > Thieves Guild > Daedric quests > Main quest > Companions.

Really? I thought the College-line was a boring dungeon romp. Got really bored of Dwemer and Falmers.

Thieves Guild has been the best, in my opinion, though I've yet to play the MQ or Dark Brotherhood.

You can enchant a total of 4 items with a total 100 point, or % archery boost - I don't know how that works exactly, not counting two damage enchantments on the bow. Enchantment is just as overpowered as in all the TES games. There is nothing discoverable that even comes close. Similarly you don't actually need any points in magica once you can enchant your gear with dual magic school boosts.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Except you need magicka before that, so if you drop all your magicka cost, you're wasting investments. And the pieces that accept fortify school are also many of the same pieces that accept resist.

And resist is nice. I found that -100% destruction, - 50% conjuration, and some resist was a good balance.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You need to find the right enchantments on loot to disenchant before that, too.

Resist magic is easy, though. Lord stone + Blessing of Mara gives already 40%. Add alteration perks and you only need one item enchanted to max it out.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The nightingale bow is decent. I never got my enchanting/smithing up high enough to really get the good stuff though, that might be it. For the perks, if there are 2 nodes that connect to a final node, do you need both as prerequisites or only one? I usually find I only want one branch.

My Dunmer character continues at Level 7, am going for 1h/block/alteration and also smith/enchant bit more seriously. I'm finding some battles are a lot harder but some are easier (the draugr, for instance), and it also lets me use a lot more weapons that I find. Might reverse the order of cities and head West first towards Markarth.

You only need one. My character can make dragon armor, but not daerdra. Which is why the Nightinggale bow is the best I've got available so far. I can't enchant better than what is on it (a lot worse in fact) and I can craft a better one myself.

first thing im doing is drastically changing the perk requirements. i'd rather have 5 interesting perk choices per level, than maybe 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I have about 5 broken quests now and they have stopped updating, quest pointers don't show up anymore. Time to pack it in I think, if they ever patch it for the PC it's unlikely that it wil be retroactive ad I put too much time in just to just start over. Got about half way in the main quest, which was ok I guess.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Look up the quests in UESPWiki, then use the console (~) ingame to manually make the quests update. The command is something like setstage [questid] [stagenumber], both variables available in the wiki sites.

Alt Gr toggle is not avalable in the console. Can't do [] regardless of what keyboard layout I use. From what I could gather from Wikipedia it should be, it's just not. Whaterver windows is doing to produce the keys corresponding to an American setup, it's not happening inside the console.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.