Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CoM_Solaufein

Continue.

I gave it a rest for the moment.

I wish they would get creation kit released so we can get more mods made for it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I have 40 something hours in and all I've done is a few minor quests and a lot of exploring.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm liking the odd jobs for the Thieves Guild, how they send you to the four main cities across the map, since it enables me to wrap up some other quests around these parts I left hanging.

Their main quest, though, doesn't really interest me. Since I couldn't destroy them, I decided to try and sabotage their objectives as much as possible.

Hence "Infiltrate mansion and destroy three beehives" became simply storming the place with charged fireballs, killing everyone and firebombing every beehive in sight.

Also, for the very first time in an Elder Scrolls game I'm pondering to replay with a Khajiit.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Since I couldn't destroy them, I decided to try and sabotage their objectives as much as possible.

I started doing that to the Dark Brotherhood.

Woman is friends with a family that just lost their daughter. But she got bamboozled by a bandit and now the family think she's just terrible. Kill the bandit!

Oh, and while you're at it, maybe kill the other daughter of the family. Y'know, so they miss her.

Complete main objective, fail optional, stab the questgiver after turning it in.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I fought a dragon over the Autumnial Tower. It's a small area atop a tower so 80% the fight was arrows and the fire shout. At 1/4th health, the dragon fell to the ground but I noticed it was still taking damage. By the time I got to the bottom of the tower, it was dead.

My horse had killed it. My horse is a dragonslayer.

• Like 1

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm almost definitely starting to burn out now, it's the same issue I always get with Elder Scrolls games, I find myself hopping from questline to questline doing little bits here and there, then running off to do more random stuff in between, it ends up diluting the impact of the individual plots.

Somehow I don't do this in Fallout games, I tend to hang on to each questline until it's done and then move on to another, a few random dungeons here and there but mostly I see a quest through to the end in one sitting.

I should adjust my playstyle but I'll leave that for my second run, dragons are a becoming a nuisance and I've seen most of what the big cities have to offer, it's all starting to drag, roll on the Creation Kit.

I don't think I've ever put so many hours into a game over such a short period though, it's nerd crack.

I think there's a X point in all open world games in this mold, even F3 and FNV, where you've now explored the map pretty much and every quest becomes a logistical task of fast-traveling to the nearest area, so tha tyou get tunnel vision, don't really look around, and just become a homing missile of mercenary do-goodery. :aiee: I'm certainly guilty of that because obviously I want to clear my sidequest list as fast as possible, I want to finish a questline if it's near the end even if it takes me halfway across the world, etc. In fact, I just started using console/moveto commands in my 4th/5th FNV playthroughs to instantly jump to characters.

That's why I'm planning to restart very soon while the world is still fresh-ish and I haven't done everything - since the anxiety/excitement of rushing to see the world is now done with I can take my time and take a more 'natural' approach trekking where I can. Also, Bethesda obviously takes the choice of placing far, far too muhc loot in the world to make th eplaces look more alive - so going to cut down on pointless and nonsensical thievery (i.e. robbing people that you just helped with your quests).

Spam Blacksmithing?

...guess just using your combat skills wasn't enough in your case. That's really funny. :p

(edit) - I think I've explored 1/3 of the map and I was still only lvl 12 when I was forced to stop...and 3-4 of those levels came from blacksmithing. Another 1- 2 from sneaking.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyway I didn't know that the trees were supposed to be swaying in the wind (they were all frozen in my game) but I found this tweak that fixed it and that's when you go to SkyrimPrefs.ini and change fTreesMidLODSwitchDist= to be 15000. If anyone else has that problem with the trees then try it out

:p

Tonight I completed the civil war questline on the side of the Stormcloaks, I enjoyed the story but the combat was an utter pushover, I'm starting to get the feeling that all the epic, important looking quests in Skyrim are geared towards low levels, presumably so more players can feel a sense of accomplishment.

The Imperials who spawn in from nowhere during the fort conquests are also lame, it was just lazy design...they could at least have spawned out of the doorways rather than in mid air.

Edited by WDeranged

Just started my Skyrim game. It looks very pretty.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Mudcrab! Mudcrab! Mudcrab!

Two choc-ices please.

I haven't got choc-ices. I only got the Mudcrab. Mudcrab!

What flavour is it?

It's a crab, innit? It's a bloody mud crab . .. it's not any bloody flavour. Mudcrab!

Do you get wafers with it?

Course you don't get bloody wafers with it. Mudcrab!

How much is it?

Ninepence.

I'll have two please.

Crustacean on a stick.

I might have to satisfy my curiosity sooner or later...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein