Pictures of your games

CoM_Solaufein

Is it just me or does anyone thinks that Binary domain looks a lot like AP?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Think I'll give Binary Domain a look when it's on a steam sale.

It's already on sale, bro!

He meant a legal one.

And there's a demo out there on PC, although, from what I've seen, it's not that good of a port. Black bars when use my native resolution, no chance to select whether I want to use my gamepad or the keyboard, meaning that all the prompts I see on screen are for the gamepad... on the other hand, the game runs flawlessly on max settings, so that's pretty good. PS3 version, at least in the demo, was running sub-30 I think.

He meant a legal one.

And there's a demo out there on PC, although, from what I've seen, it's not that good of a port. Black bars when use my native resolution, no chance to select whether I want to use my gamepad or the keyboard, meaning that all the prompts I see on screen are for the gamepad... on the other hand, the game runs flawlessly on max settings, so that's pretty good. PS3 version, at least in the demo, was running sub-30 I think.

It is legal. Otherwise all those sites would have been brought down already.

You can change screensize, in the game menu oiptions. It's called "Screen size". Duh.

Keyboard and mouse vs. gamepad can be changed in the Controls panel. Duh.

And it's a very good port. So please stop spreading lies.

He meant a legal one.

Yeah, just like pirate bay.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've been interested in this issue for a while .. It's technically legal in the US under the First Sale Doctrine to sell a license if it has been legally obtained (ie used games/films etc) as long as multiple copies are not made and sold. Where it gets problematic however is that you don't know where this cd-key originated, it could be from a pirated/cracked Asian game and if so, Steam is allowed to lock out your entire account. So be careful, it's technically legal, but only if the key is legitimately bought in the first place and that's hard to check on these kind of sites.

Fortune favors the bald.

He meant a legal one.

Yeah, just like pirate bay.

You mean, TPB is a company that sells legal products to me?

Please shut your mouth now, and at least inform yourself.

Regional pricing is a bloody hoax, and that's the whole reason these services exist.

It's interesting, a form of predatory pricing. I'm clearly a beneficent of the mostly-standardised game prices, since everything else here is hella expensive too, I assume they'd charge me 10-20 more if they thought they can get away with it (and Gamestop occasionally does, but often their exclusive preorder bonuses are so good as to almost warrant that).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's a grey area, frankly, and I prefer not dabble in that. Mordred is p. fine with it though, so more power to him. Either way, it's not exactly what people think of when they mention sales and slashed prices.

Well said. As a regular consumer of video games, I consider it in my best interest to make sure the developers and even the publishers profit from my purchase. That is how I guarantee the continued health of the industry. I'm not convinced those CD key sites are doing that.