Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pictures of your games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
514 replies to this topic

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Most of the FXAA injector vids/screens I've seen have been pretty terrible too...mostly just over-saturating the color palette, kids going crazy with the setting I guess. Looks awful imo. But Bokshi's shots aren't bad...some more color, selectively, isn't unwelcome, imo...there's no grey sky inside a fire/lamp-lit cabin, for instance. You can create a general bleakish mood without having to make all colors/lighting everywhere muted to death.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6028 posts
Here's a good guide for skyrim if you have an nvidia card: http://www.geforce.c...ook-even-better

The Ambient Occlusion tweak makes a huge difference

CoM_Solaufein

CoM_Solaufein

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4809 posts
  • Steam:apocalypse_2000
Burn baby burn. That'll teach the Talon to come after me.

Love the physics of the game. As you can see they were blasted into the building when I sent a nuke their way.

Attached Files

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6028 posts
White Robes Mod
Posted Image

Macho-Warrior
Posted Image

Some Dead Dude
Posted Image

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5624 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Love the physics of the game. As you can see they were blasted into the building when I sent a nuke their way.

You... you forced their heads into a concrete ceiling, then set their asses on fire?

CoM_Solaufein

CoM_Solaufein

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4809 posts
  • Steam:apocalypse_2000

You... you forced their heads into a concrete ceiling, then set their asses on fire?

I have a mod that makes alcohol flammable and also puts in Molotov ****tails into the game. After I killed them, I dumped some of that flammable stuff on them and shot a nuke their way. It ended up blasting them into the building and setting them on fire.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
@Bokishi - What? Only 2560x1600? ;) Those shots look really nice, imo.

Created my character for Saints Row2, but that's as far as I got, heh. Just making her was kinda funny tho - all those weird selections. But in the end I made her "normal."
Except, apparently, for her teeth/mouth. That's some ugly mouth movement in this game. lol

Posted Image

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6028 posts
The fxaa post process mod uses the exact same .dll as the widescreen plugin, can't use both at once unfortunately.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2959 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Trine 2 screen.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Posted Image

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7032 posts
Posted Image

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Son, you should turn on Tesselation 'cause it was invented for the sole reason to make video game wymens more curvy.

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1399 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Son, you should turn on Tesselation 'cause it was invented for the sole reason to make video game wymens more curvy.

Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7032 posts
Bros, pretty sure I maxed everything out on that game.

If it's some DX11 stuff you're talking about, no can do because with it enabled it runs like **** on my ATI card.

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1399 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Yeah it's a DX11 feature, from what I've heard it runs like **** on all cards for the moment, ATI may be worse though, glad I jumped ship back to Nvidia.

I've been meaning to get Arkham City but I dislike having GFWL on my PC :lol:

greylord

greylord

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1053 posts

Yeah it's a DX11 feature, from what I've heard it runs like **** on all cards for the moment, ATI may be worse though, glad I jumped ship back to Nvidia.

I've been meaning to get Arkham City but I dislike having GFWL on my PC :(

I got it for PS3. I don't like the PC controls for AA, but the same game works wonderful with a PS3 controller.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

DX11/tessellation runs fine on my system/nvidia, at least with the few games I have that use it. It's not like there's a lot of them, still, tho seems to be increasing. I don't know what you mean by runs like **** tho.

Tessellation may round some edges but it's often not that big a difference while moving, imo (vs. still screenshot). What you end up noticing the most is the heightened texture height/depth mapping. At least, that seems to be how they're using it a lot of the time. Sometimes they use it on a feature that makes it look great, sometimes it just looks silly. When over-used you end up with stone roads that no wagon wheel would be comfy rolling over. :ermm:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
It always looks so nice in these special demos but when you activate in a game, you hardly notice.

I think what still has the most impact is higher poly count and smoother animations/more keyframes.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7012 posts
  • Backer

Posted Image

Tessellation is awesome. *_*

Edited by Oner, 19 December 2011 - 01:38 PM.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6028 posts
SWTOR supports windowed mode very nicely with no quirks at all

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users