RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

interesting i guess. is this the same team that just made Deus Ex HR? if so, then I'm actually pretty excited about thief 4. HR wasn't perfect, but it was pretty damn good.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

interesting i guess. is this the same team that just made Deus Ex HR? if so, then I'm actually pretty excited about thief 4. HR wasn't perfect, but it was pretty damn good.

Same studio, different team at least in name, no idea how much assets they share.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I haven't heard about any problems with Origin, in fact I barely notice it launches when I start up BF3. I'm going to go ahead and say it is less intrusive and loads faster than Steam. Has anyone had a legitimate problem with it?

Various complaints of uptime or suspicious about it snooping on your hard disk, so far. Latter is a problem in Germany, will look later but all I find is in German.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I haven't heard about any problems with Origin, in fact I barely notice it launches when I start up BF3. I'm going to go ahead and say it is less intrusive and loads faster than Steam. Has anyone had a legitimate problem with it?

It's slow as **** and the fact that you have to exit and enter the game every single time you change server is extremely annoying - plus your browser has to be open, which is just a waste of RAM... incidentally I'm not impressed with the new "features" as you might tell.

And not being able to change squads mid-game... :p

Fortune favors the bald.

So the "Initiation Station" for Saints Row the Third can be downloaded. Basically lets you play around with the character creation options, and nada beyond that.

Briefly entertaining to see what it can do, but there's only so much fun you can have just doing that...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So the "Initiation Station" for Saints Row the Third can be downloaded. Basically lets you play around with the character creation options, and nada beyond that.

Briefly entertaining to see what it can do, but there's only so much fun you can have just doing that...

Got a link for us? :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's slow as **** and the fact that you have to exit and enter the game every single time you change server is extremely annoying - plus your browser has to be open, which is just a waste of RAM... incidentally I'm not impressed with the new "features" as you might tell.

And not being able to change squads mid-game... :p

None of that has anything to do with Origin. That whole browser Battlelog thing is completely independent.

edit: And I agree with you, the browser thing is odd. I've gotten more comfortable with it, but it does seem like a waste of resources. It just seems to be aimed at making slower computers have a bad time.

Edited by Hurlshot

Got a link for us? :p

I picked up the PC version via Steam. But apparently there's also Xbox360 and PS3 versions are available over the relevent networks as well..

Initiation Station Goes Live

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

None of that has anything to do with Origin. That whole browser Battlelog thing is completely independent.

Your right, I was just venting. Origin in itself is fair enough - but if they want to challenge steam they need to have some sales and so far their games are more expensive then they were on Steam (B3 is about 10$ more than Bad Company 2 was).

Fortune favors the bald.

I hope the single player portion of Mass Effect 3 doesn't require Origin...

Nahhh.

I vote with my wallet, and so far if EA force us to install this I wont be buying any of their future titles.

Do you hold the same stance with Steam? I can respect being against both Steam and Origin, but choosing one to discriminate against seems petty.

I hope the single player portion of Mass Effect 3 doesn't require Origin...

Nahhh.

I vote with my wallet, and so far if EA force us to install this I wont be buying any of their future titles.

Do you hold the same stance with Steam? I can respect being against both Steam and Origin, but choosing one to discriminate against seems petty.

I currently have and use STEAM. I as a consumer do not want another DRM system on my machine just to play a game I have legally purchased. I am completely fine with and enjoy using STEAM and have never experienced a problem with it (knock on wood).

If there is a Mass Effect 3 Steam version then I'll purchase their title from there. Otherwise I will flat out refuse to purchase another EA game. If they went back to a one time activation scheme like the previous ME's I'd be 100% fine with that.

Not to sound snarky but basically you wont use Origin because they were second to the party?

Pretty much. STEAM works fine and I use it. What's next? UBISoftOrigin required to be installed for a game from them? Then LucasArtsOrigon required to be installed to play their games? SquareEnixOrigin required to be installed to play their games?

Where does it stop? Anyways I'll stop now. This discussion belongs in the piracy thread I think.