Multiplayer hosting issues (maybe sp too?)

themendios

Question

I see stuff about generic issues but there are 2 that I've experienced as a host and not sure about sp, bought 2 copies of this and been playing coop [steam version]:

1) At some random trigger point I get a ghost of everything. It's almost like it's receiving client update as well as sending them. When I'm moving camera etc it works fine but when I stand still I see 2 outlines of everything. It's happened twice, no obvious trigger. However, when I exited to menu the 2nd time the menu was jittering too so I'm not sure about that theory.

2) Huge framerate drop after cinematics, usually inside. I'm not sure what it is but it's completely unrecoverable. My machine is a beast with crossfired ATIs and i7 etc and I checked gpu temps both under 50 so it's not overheating or anything.

Help with either is greatly appreciated, I have already had to restart the game 5x and we just barely got through the first part of the game - I've never actually played sp either but if this happens there too then I probably just wasted both our times :rolleyes:

I have tried the usual graphic tweaking (ingame settings, check drivers, check catalyst settings, ai off etc etc) to no avail - autodetect put everything on ultra high too.

Edited by themendios

2 answers to this question

Don't know why I'm bothering to update since no replies in the first place - but the same issues persist in single player.

The huge framerate drop happened again in legion chapterhouse, and I couldn't save. It only seems to happen in the mansions as I just finished some cave just fine.

I guess I can't play sp or mp, awesome.

Just a random thought-- have you tried to verify the integrity of the game cache? (Right-click the game in your Steam library, choose Properties, then the Local Files tab) Also, I personally have the Steam Overlay disabled. I have a far lesser system than yours, and the game's been running smooth as silk for me.