Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What you did today

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
503 replies to this topic

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2752 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
And now to really strike home an enjoyable morning..

The cat has diarhea, got it all stuck around its fur..then wandered the house. So stains on the carpet, the furniture, the windowsills... all attempting to clean it.. and of course the bastich cat won't let you clean it. He's going all fur-n-fang-n-claw. So managed to stick him in the travel box for a moment while some of the cleaning elsewhere gets done..
;)

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5625 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Mother of God. You need to get old testament on your pets, man. :x I'm talking scourging floods. Possibly of fire.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2752 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Well the cat is feeling pretty damn miserable from whatever gave it the stomach troubles..

Although I'm now sporting assorted scratches up my forearms, on my chest, and he managed to slash my throat a tad.
Trying to wash a cat's behind, when the cat is that resistant to running water is not an easy solo job.

But, eh, onwards with the day.

Edit: And to be technically accurate.. none of them are mine.. All three are actually my sister's pets.. :x

Edited by Raithe, 11 October 2011 - 07:07 AM.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4636 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Actually ... a few distilleries I have visited actually encourage exactly one ice cube in order to soften the alcohol to release some of the notes that are not readily apparent otherwise ;) I'm just sayin' ...

Barbarians! :o

@Guard Dog: Different lines of work, yet parts of it sounds strikingly familiar. High risk interesting projects versus the less glamorous ones that ensures you can pay rent in any foreseeable future. I like the first ones better, my employer the latter ;)

So you only drink cask strength? :x

Took 750 pages of photocopies and lamented the fact that wearing a microskirt while riding a bicycle doesn't happen back home. :ermm:

Edited by Nepenthe, 11 October 2011 - 12:08 PM.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9573 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I learned three things. One, the double space after a period is a holdover from typewriters with monospaced font. It's considered incorrect in modern typing on computers. Two, this forum automatically turns a double space into a single space. But that's because it truncates all amount of spacing to just one space. Three, the double spacing habit is really hard to break.

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 10878 posts
Did some Fall yard-work - evening meeting to follow ...

As for spaces: Tale when I finished my first Graduate Thesis there was a very long, dry conversation not about content, but my choice to use on single space as per updated MLA standards. Old school Profs were not impressed :x

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5393 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I learned three things. One, the double space after a period is a holdover from typewriters with monospaced font. It's considered incorrect in modern typing on computers. Two, this forum automatically turns a double space into a single space. But that's because it truncates all amount of spacing to just one space. Three, the double spacing habit is really hard to break.

Hah, yeah it is. I keep doing it though, was drilled into me by mom when she was teaching me to type (and the way to properly space a letter as well). Today has sucked, I can understand why all the guys working here drink so much.

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2306 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

As for spaces: Tale when I finished my firtst Graduate Thesis there was a very long, dry conversation not about content, but my choice to use on single space as per updated MLA standards. Old school Profs were not impressed :)

Two spaces is still the rule in a some environments. I'm thinking specifically of court filings in many jurisdictions-- judges have a lot in common Old-school Professors.

To thoroughly change the subject, the personal issue I had mentioned a couple weeks ago in this space is resolved, and not in a particularly happy manner. By the time we got to the follow-up/second opinion last Monday, the little guy's heart had stopped beating. We had a good amount of warning that this was a likely outcome, and we take some solace in that unhappy resolution now is greatly preferable over an unhappy resolution 3 months from now. The associated medical stuff (induced labor, delivery, recovery from such) has also all gone well so far. But, of course, we're still sad about the whole thing. We've had a lot of family around, which has helped. And my admiration for Mrs. E has only increased with how well she has handled all of this (her immediate family too-- those folks rock).

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9817 posts

My condolences Enoch :(

Not much to say that would make a difference. Hope you'll end up with a large family some day :)

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 10878 posts
@ Enoch: Gorth seems to have said it well - light & blessings to you :)

Shryke

Shryke

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1285 posts
Enoch that sucks man :down:

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2752 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Condolences Enoch.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4022 posts
I'm very sorry to hear that Enoch, but I'm glad that you and your family can handle such a loss in a good way.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3860 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
My condolences Enoch.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5625 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Condolences, Enoch.

Small comfort, but I'm glad to hear your wife's health wasn't endangered.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3581 posts
What everybody said

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4636 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Very sorry.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5393 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Well at this point it's rather redundant, but condolences to Enoch.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2955 posts
:skeptical: Damn man, so sorry to hear that.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7219 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Condolences as well Enoch. It's really good to hear your wife is doing well. It's amazing what they go through compared to us guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users