Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lucas Build – The ‘Dashing’ Knight

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MosesOfWar

MosesOfWar

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MosesOfWar
Lucas – The ‘Dashing’ Knight
Basic Strategy:
Guerilla warfare. This is an interesting take on Lucas. After reading through all of Lucas’s Abilities, Proficiencies and Talents I noticed that Lucas is the ONLY character with guaranteed critical hits. That means, you can totally eschew Agility and stack Doom to amplify the critical hit damage. This is a ‘glass cannon’ Lucas build, with emphasis on two offensive abilities and all three of Lucas’s defensive abilities. Basic strategy is as such: Use 50% critical hit chance of Blade Dash for groups of enemies, then use the 100% critical hit chance of Heroic Charge for anything below 30% health (or single enemies; it only costs 25 focus, so it can easily be spammed). Always have Unbridled Wrath and Shield Wall up, with Graceful Repose active as much as possible. When fighting, charge then roll, charge then roll; you should not be blocking. Use regular attacks only when you need a quick boost to focus generation – Unbridled Wrath will do a lot of the work, but every once in a while, you’ll need the extra focus.

The only enemies that provide a remote amount of difficulty are those with ‘Focus Drain Auras’, and those with ‘Fire Auras’. For enemies with ‘Focus Drain Auras’, simply roll and attack and if you get a chance to use an ability, do so; these enemies are mostly just a nuisance and are not much of a threat. Enemies with ‘Fire Auras’ are more of a threat; to deal with these enemies, simply charge in, then quickly roll twice (once out of the aura and once again to avoid the ‘Burning’ effect) – it’s all about timing.

The primary statistic focus of this build is first Doom. Get as much Doom as you can, as this amplifies the amount of damage your critical hits generate; items with Doom should be your priority (the easiest way to know if an item has Doom is if it is label ‘Deadly’ or ‘of Brutality’). Equip items with Doom even if it comes at a penalty to Attack or Will. Attack is your second attribute to focus on; if the item does not have Doom, it must have Attack. Equip items with attack, even if they come as a penalty to any attribute OTHER THAN Doom (items with high attack scores are labeled as ‘Fierce’ or ‘of Rage’). Finally, if you cannot find an item with either Doom or Attack, it should have Will (items with high Will are labeled as ‘Determined’ or ‘of Resolve’).

My Endgame Equipment Setup (after purchasing from Fitch):
Greatsword: Crescent Moon Blade
Pauldrons: Bladerest Shoulders
Vambraces: Grip of the Seck
Cuirass: Sacred Kastenbrust of Rage
Greaves:Fierce Greaves
Ring: Ring of Brutality
Amulet: Deadly Trinket
Longsword: Deadly Broadsword
Shield: Aegis of Chivalry

Level 2
Graceful Repose/Lightning Precision/Devastating Criticals
Level 3
Lightning Precision/Devastating Criticals
Level 4
Lightning Precision/Devastating Criticals
Level 5
Heroic Charge/Lightning Precision/Lightning Precision/Devastating Criticals/Devastating Criticals
Level 6
Executioner’s Charge/Force of Will
Level 7
Level 8
Level 9
Shield Wall/Executioner’s Charge/Force of Will
Level 10
Level 11
Reflexive Defense/Wrathful Might
Level 12
Unbridled Wrath/Reflexive Defense/Wrathful Might
Level 13
Level 14
Level 15
Wind Shear/Reflexive Defense/Wrathful Might
Level 16
Endless Wrath/Focused Strikes
Level 17
Vanguard Strike/Endless Wrath/Focused Strikes
Level 18
Level 19
Level 20
Level 21
Live by the Sword/Cull of the Weak
Level 22
Level 23
Level 24
Level 25
Level 26
Valorous Renewal/Focused Rage
Level 27
Level 28
Level 29
Level 30

Sasha_Je

Sasha_Je

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 82 posts
I like this build, actually my Lucas is a Dash based but kinda different then yours. Now I have a question for you, because the game doesn't support NewGame+ or something like that I didn't had the chance to experiment builds. At some point I stacked some Doom but for it didn't seem like a big difference. I tend to think that Lucas is drawing a lot of damage from Will...in my opinion Will>Doom and mostly because of the first Talent. Some % of Will is converted into Attack DPS. Overall Doom vs. Will witch one is better? In your opinion ofc :thumbsup: as I say ed the game does not allow me to go back and kill some monsters/bosses.

Cheers !¬

Sannom

Sannom

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1557 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Doom adds a lot of damage to Critical Hits (normal attacks and abilities) while Will adds to the base damage of abilities. So yeah, for that particular build, going for Will over Doom seems like a better choice to me.

Sasha_Je

Sasha_Je

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 82 posts
Hmm both Dashing Knight build and what I used is about having a very high chance to score a critical hit. So Doom is +critical damage while Will is +damage...but from what i "tested" pumping Will ends up dealing higher damage on critical hits. Overall either the game mechanics are like this, Will>Doom in terms of critical damage or Doom works only with regular attacks. And Sannom "So yeah, for that particular build, going for Will over Doom seems like a better choice" when do you think it's best to go with Doom over Will?

Edited by Sasha_Je, 18 September 2011 - 02:41 AM.

FireMist

FireMist

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts
I think Doom goes better with a high-agility Lucas build. However, most gear that favors agility have a penalty in armor and stamina. Im my games, I tend to keep Lucas as a tank (high stamina, high defense, high attack, medium to low agility) and invest in will over doom since he has that nice talent (force of will) that can convert up to 50% of his will into attack dps. And since I always use blade dash with him (as a player character) and have a minimum 50% critical chance, I tend to skip agility unless there is a good gear that does not sacrifice his stamina and armor that much.
And yes, Doom adds damage to crits only, while Will adds to base attack (attack dps from talent + ability dps) . Since Lucas already has the potential to do insane crit damage (with the Devastating Crit talent which adds up to 50% damage ) I tend to skip doom weapons also, unless they have good Attack and Will statistics.

Edited by FireMist, 22 September 2011 - 07:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users