The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

L0L... But, I thoguht nobody other than the Rangers would want Avery?

btw, That kind of scummery (proably forced by Torturechips) is likely why the Rangers got punished last night by a crap team. R00fles!

P.S. Does Torturechips have a duiaghter or son.. Avery must have dated them as it is the only expaklination why that piece ofc rpa loathes him so much since in the grand scheme of things Avery is harmless comapred to other hockey scumbags.

P.S.S. Montreal proves once again why players should NEVEWR have loyalty to teams. A little bit of criticism and youa re thrown in the trash.. just after being considwered a 'god'. Pathetic.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I just dropped by to say I know nothing about icehockey, but that Mads Zuccarello Aasen should be promoted to New York Rangers from their farmerteam. Clearly his Norwegian talents are needed!

(Seriously though, is he good enough to play for them? Heard he's done really well in the AHL league.)

P.S.S. Montreal proves once again why players should NEVEWR have loyalty to teams. A little bit of criticism and youa re thrown in the trash.. just after being considwered a 'god'. Pathetic.

Gauthier needs to go right now. That trade was the dumbest thing the team has done in years. I could have lived with a trade, but Bourque, an unproven prospect and a 2nd round pick next year for Cammy, Ramo and a 5th is insulting and made worse by the fact that apparently everyone else in the league is now chiming in to say "Wait, Cammy was on the trade block? Why didn't you say something?!" :p

Done with Montreal for the season. :down:

I just dropped by to say I know nothing about icehockey, but that Mads Zuccarello Aasen should be promoted to New York Rangers from their farmerteam. Clearly his Norwegian talents are needed!

(Seriously though, is he good enough to play for them? Heard he's done really well in the AHL league.)

He played for the Rangers a bit last year...23 points in 42 games, which is far from bad. He's a solid player but he's pretty small.

"I could have lived with a trade, but Bourque, an unproven prospect and a 2nd round pick next year for Cammy"

In defense of Bourque who a lot of people like to belittle in comparison to Camarillei, his goals per game average is pretty much equal with cam despite being basically have a cheap. By the numbers, the trade itself (only counting those two) isn't really all that unbalanced if at all espicially if you facvtor in the physical (suspension notwithstanding) fact that Bourque brings.

"pretty small."

So irrelevant and such a lame cupout criticism. Whenever someone uses he's 'small' to criticize and bash a player it justw eakens everything becuase it just comes acorss as desperate and ignorant. So many exmaples of so called 'small' players being successful it's beyiond ridiculous. If he can perform at the NHL level (which if the stats you gave is accurate he can) he can perform at that level.

"pretty small."

So irrelevant and such a lame cupout criticism. Whenever someone uses he's 'small' to criticize and bash a player it justw eakens everything becuase it just comes acorss as desperate and ignorant. So many exmaples of so called 'small' players being successful it's beyiond ridiculous. If he can perform at the NHL level (which if the stats you gave is accurate he can) he can perform at that level.

Size matters in hockey, if you had ever played the sport at a competitive level you'd know that. I never claimed it was insurmountable, but it makes it considerably harder to break into the NHL if you are 5'7 (like Zuccarello).

Krookie also didn't bash him, he simply pointed out his size. The average height of males universally is between 5'7" and 5'9" and the average hockey player is over 6', so that must mean something. Hockey is a sport where you can still break in undersized, but it definitely is an obstacle.

Trust me, as a 5'10" 190 pound hockey player, it ain't easy going up against 6'2" 220 pound defensemen.

Size matters but he's already proven he can play with bigger guys.

I don't trust you. You've given me no reason to. All you are is some randoms tranger on the net tylling me trust them.. just like some 50 year old man telling a 13 year old girl that he's 15 and she should trust him.

NO!

Size doesn't matter a smuch as you think it does. Hockey experts know this. TRUST ME.

"I could have lived with a trade, but Bourque, an unproven prospect and a 2nd round pick next year for Cammy"

In defense of Bourque who a lot of people like to belittle in comparison to Camarillei, his goals per game average is pretty much equal with cam despite being basically have a cheap. By the numbers, the trade itself (only counting those two) isn't really all that unbalanced if at all espicially if you facvtor in the physical (suspension notwithstanding) fact that Bourque brings.

Cammy has a much higher ceiling than Bourque though. He's on pace for his worst season since he broke into the league while Bourque is playing career years. Bourque overall isn't that much better than Cammy's worst years.

And the other prospect that Montreal picked up...

holland.jpg

Edited by Deraldin

I don't trust you. You've given me no reason to. All you are is some randoms tranger on the net tylling me trust them.. just like some 50 year old man telling a 13 year old girl that he's 15 and she should trust him.

NO!

Size doesn't matter a smuch as you think it does. Hockey experts know this. TRUST ME.

Dude, we've been talking online for around 8 years. So if you were a 13 year old girl when we met, you are legal now. :lol:

"Cammy has a much higher ceiling than Bourque though."

True.

"He's on pace for his worst season since he broke into the league while Bourque is playing career years. Bourque overall isn't that much better than Cammy's worst years."

Even counting Cam's ceiling season of 38 goals, their goals per game averages aren't all that different. And, Bourque can being size (!) and physicality (not to mention illegal hits lol) as well. cam is only good for scoring goals.

This sums it up nicely: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384950

By the numbers, offensively, the Canadiens lose nothing - espicially since they gain cap space, a more physical player (who can score too), and someone who isn't having his worst season.

Still, as a side before, all this proves - yet again - is that players should NEVER be loyal to teams or fans as teams and fans will NEVER be loyal to players. 2 years ago, Cammarelli was a god in Montreal cause he got hot in scored some goals in the playoffs and now because he's struggled the fans boo him and tream him like dirt then he vocally criticizes the team INCLUDING HIMSELF and rightfully so (not the first or last player to do so) and he's gone within 2 days traded ina MIDDLE OF A GAME (so disprectful and pathetic by the brass). They also feel the need to lie and claim that the trade was officially in the works for a long whjile. In the end, whether or not that's true, so frigign' bogus.

"Dude, we've been talking online for around 8 years. So if you were a 13 year old girl when we met, you are legal now."

Unless I was 5 years old 8 years ago... :lol:

"He's on pace for his worst season since he broke into the league while Bourque is playing career years. Bourque overall isn't that much better than Cammy's worst years."

Even counting Cam's ceiling season of 38 goals, their goals per game averages aren't all that different. And, Bourque can being size (!) and physicality (not to mention illegal hits lol) as well. cam is only good for scoring goals.

This sums it up nicely: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384950

By the numbers, offensively, the Canadiens lose nothing - espicially since they gain cap space, a more physical player (who can score too), and someone who isn't having his worst season.

Still, as a side before, all this proves - yet again - is that players should NEVER be loyal to teams or fans as teams and fans will NEVER be loyal to players. 2 years ago, Cammarelli was a god in Montreal cause he got hot in scored some goals in the playoffs and now because he's struggled the fans boo him and tream him like dirt then he vocally criticizes the team INCLUDING HIMSELF and rightfully so (not the first or last player to do so) and he's gone within 2 days traded ina MIDDLE OF A GAME (so disprectful and pathetic by the brass). They also feel the need to lie and claim that the trade was officially in the works for a long whjile. In the end, whether or not that's true, so frigign' bogus.

Goals aren't the only thing though. They may be the most important thing for a sniper like Cammy, but he's had decent assist totals as well. Since 2008 Cammy is 0.80 ppg while Bourque is 0.65 ppg. Add in the 26 points in 29 playoff games for Cammy. They may not have lost much in goals but overall offence is a different story. The cap space is a non issue for Montreal. We've only played something like 4 games this season with a roster above the cap floor thanks to all of our injuries. The bigger issue we've hit right now is the 50 contract limit meaning we can't sign anyone to use the cap space we would have. This is made even worse because of the whole ****ty situation in Montreal with management and the media making it unlikely that any high end free agents would want to sign here.

Edited by Deraldin

NO!

Only you would find a way to relate this conversation to pedophilia. You truly are the final boss of the Internet.

Cats are in a real skid lately. They lost in Chicago las night and it was ugly. Only two points for their last six games. With Theodore hurt they might as well have a sixth skater for all the good Clemmonson & Markstrom have done between the pipes.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

RANGERS ARE HOLDING AVERY HOSTAGE! FREE AVERY! DOWN WITH BLUESHIRTS!

Seriously, it's absolutely disgusting you would abuse someone in such a manner. It may be their 'legal' right but it's immoral. DISGUSTING!

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised sinc ethis is the same stupid team who chose Old Man Gretz over their SC winner Messiier and the pathetic team that allowed Captain JJ to walk because they had the asanine notion he couldn't play in the NHL anymore and woeren't willing to give him a 3 year contract.. that was 4 eyars ago.. and guess what 9despite some injury issues) he's still playuingh in the NHl damn good.

My god. If it wans't for us having the best goalie in the NHL, this team would be damn worthless and uncheerable. :(

RANGERS ARE HOLDING AVERY HOSTAGE! FREE AVERY! DOWN WITH BLUESHIRTS!

Seriously, it's absolutely disgusting you would abuse someone in such a manner. It may be their 'legal' right but it's immoral. DISGUSTING!

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised sinc ethis is the same stupid team who chose Old Man Gretz over their SC winner Messiier and the pathetic team that allowed Captain JJ to walk because they had the asanine notion he couldn't play in the NHL anymore and woeren't willing to give him a 3 year contract.. that was 4 eyars ago.. and guess what 9despite some injury issues) he's still playuingh in the NHl damn good.

My god. If it wans't for us having the best goalie in the NHL, this team would be damn worthless and uncheerable. :(

So you're basically just rooting for Lundqvist?

Does anyone watch the All-Star game? I always feel like there's something better I could be doing with my time.

The Oilers look to have some healthy bodies coming into the system soon. Maybe it'll be enough for the team to rally and finish in 27th or 28th as opposed to dead last...again.

I might have watched the Young Stars game if Ryan Nugent Hopkins wasn't recovering from a shoulder injury.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Believe it or not, there actually are people that watch the all star game! I watched it with the rest of the family. It's one of the few times they'll actually sit down and watch a game with me so I usually take advantage of the opportunity. Neither of my parents are huge hockey fans but for some reason the all star game is entertaining enough that they'll flip it on without my prompting. Although maybe that's just because there was nothing else on saturday night.

Had someone share this with me earlier tonight. Apparently there was an issue with the time clock in the LA-CBJ game which resulted in a goal for LA after time should have expired.

Gotta feel bad for Columbus. As if their season wasn't bad enough, they got screwed out of at least a point tonight.

Eight ****ing points for the Oilers Sam Gagner tonight. 22 years old, fifth season in the league, and now he ties the franchise record for points in a game.

He's been the subject of a few trade rumors this year. I bet his value has just shot up!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Eight ****ing points for the Oilers Sam Gagner tonight. 22 years old, fifth season in the league, and now he ties the franchise record for points in a game.

He's been the subject of a few trade rumors this year. I bet his value has just shot up!

Was watching that unfold through my NHL app all night as was hoping you were watching!

Devils overcame a 2-0 defecit to beat the Habs tonight at home. Patrik Elias might face a review/suspension for one of his hits I think...Only a 2 minute minor on the play but it was kind of bad. Oh well. 2 points for us. Parise with 2 goals.

A $2500 fine seems like fair punishment. Elias isn't a dirty player.

As for Gagner, he's been an interesting case study this year. Despite being nearly the smallest player on the team he's been the most willing to drop the gloves to stick up for a teammate, even if he knows he's going to get worked over.

And his work ethic has been good most of the year, but a few Oilers fans have wondered if he had lost all of his hockey sense.

He sure did play like an ace last night, tho.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif