Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The NHL Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
506 replies to this topic

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:burnoutboi
Welcome back, Sid the Kid! Please stay healthy!!

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

Scores a fantastic goal on his third (?) shift of the game? One of the best ever.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Backer
Watching Panthers/Devils game right now. It was ugly at the end of the 1st with NJ leading 3-0 but the cats have battled back to 3-2. They've got a good team this year. For a change.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

Watching Panthers/Devils game right now. It was ugly at the end of the 1st with NJ leading 3-0 but the cats have battled back to 3-2. They've got a good team this year. For a change.

AAAAAAAND the devils can't hold a 3-0.

Parise needs to pick it the f**k up.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Backer
Panther win 4-3. Yesssss! That snaps a two game skid. Kudos to Chris Versteeg for two.

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts

Scores a fantastic goal on his third (?) shift of the game? One of the best ever.

Yeah, that one will be on the highlight reels for some time.

Is there a better all around player in the league? Probably not.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts
I wish the Pens would trade Malkin and get a top tier defensemen to compliment Letang.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Only a handful of defenseman would be even worth consideirng that deal and I doubt their teams are gonna trade them. Malkin is fine though. Why bash him? He's not even my fave top player but why the hatin on the playoff MVP?

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 6993 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Krookie didn't say anything negative about Malkin, he just wishes they would move him for a top defenseman. I loved Devin Setoguchi, but I was still excited that the Sharks moved him for Brent Burns, because it filled a serious hole in the Sharks lineup.

I agree that there probably isn't anyone worth Malkin on the market though.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

Only a handful of defenseman would be even worth consideirng that deal and I doubt their teams are gonna trade them. Malkin is fine though. Why bash him? He's not even my fave top player but why the hatin on the playoff MVP?

Malkin is probably my favorite player of all time, along with Patrik Elias.

I want Malkin to be traded because I think he's capable of having a team built around him, and he's been in Crosby's shadow too long in Pittsburgh.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
O RLY? he certainly wans't in Crosby's shadow that year he was dominating the league or when he won the playoff MVP. I remmeber at thsoe times people were claiming that Malkin was better than crosby and Ovechkin. He's in Crosby's 'shadow' right now because crosby is playing like abeats and was seriously injured and justc ame back. Plus, Kanadians ar every protective of hockey and are extremely bigotyed.

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
I'd consider moving Malkin for a Drew Doughtry or Shay Weber type d-man.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 6993 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'd consider moving Malkin for a Drew Doughtry or Shay Weber type d-man.

I was thinking Shea Weber as well, since Nashville still has Ryan Suter and they really need a guy like Malkin. But I doubt that is enough for him, and Nashville probably doesn't have the moolah to sign him in the long run. What's his contract status anyways?

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
1 FOR 1? Are you Crazy? Malkin is a legit franchis player and while those two D-man are very good; theya re not. It would have to be a 2 or 3 for 1 trade.

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
Of course you'd have to sweeten the pot a fair bit for that to work. I'm not familiar enough with the Predators to know what else they have that's worthwhile.

Weber signed a one year deal worth 7.5 million at the start of the season.

And kudos to Boston for winning their tenth straight game in a row tonight. That's mighty impressive.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

O RLY? he certainly wans't in Crosby's shadow that year he was dominating the league or when he won the playoff MVP. I remmeber at thsoe times people were claiming that Malkin was better than crosby and Ovechkin. He's in Crosby's 'shadow' right now because crosby is playing like abeats and was seriously injured and justc ame back. Plus, Kanadians ar every protective of hockey and are extremely bigotyed.

Nope. He's in Crosby's shadow all the time LOL. Crosby is the face of the Penguins, not Malkin. t

mr insomniac

mr insomniac

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 982 posts
  • Backer
I'd just like to step in here and mention that until Crosby passes him in 4-5 games, Phil Kessel leads the league in both goals and points. I can't remember the last time a Leaf did that seven weeks into the season. I probably hadn't been born yet. >_<

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"I'd just like to step in here and mention that until Crosby passes him in 4-5 games,"

Why lie? Mr "ZERO POINTS" Crosby gonna need more points as his PPG average got cut in half today. R00fles!

Hell, even the struggling Ovechkin had more points than him today! HA!

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

"I'd just like to step in here and mention that until Crosby passes him in 4-5 games,"

Why lie? Mr "ZERO POINTS" Crosby gonna need more points as his PPG average got cut in half today. R00fles!

quit trolling

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Backer
Panthers win again last night, 2-1 against the Rangers. All those years of high draft picks is staring to pay off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users