The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

O RLY? he certainly wans't in Crosby's shadow that year he was dominating the league or when he won the playoff MVP. I remmeber at thsoe times people were claiming that Malkin was better than crosby and Ovechkin. He's in Crosby's 'shadow' right now because crosby is playing like abeats and was seriously injured and justc ame back. Plus, Kanadians ar every protective of hockey and are extremely bigotyed.

Nope. He's in Crosby's shadow all the time LOL. Crosby is the face of the Penguins, not Malkin. t

I'd just like to step in here and mention that until Crosby passes him in 4-5 games, Phil Kessel leads the league in both goals and points. I can't remember the last time a Leaf did that seven weeks into the season. I probably hadn't been born yet. >_<

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

"I'd just like to step in here and mention that until Crosby passes him in 4-5 games,"

Why lie? Mr "ZERO POINTS" Crosby gonna need more points as his PPG average got cut in half today. R00fles!

Hell, even the struggling Ovechkin had more points than him today! HA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Panthers win again last night, 2-1 against the Rangers. All those years of high draft picks is staring to pay off.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"I'd just like to step in here and mention that until Crosby passes him in 4-5 games,"

Why lie? Mr "ZERO POINTS" Crosby gonna need more points as his PPG average got cut in half today. R00fles!

Hell, even the struggling Ovechkin had more points than him today! HA!

lol well he's back at 2 ppg now : P

I expect to see ovechkin and co to start scoring some more now that the anchor is gone 9as long as the new coach opens things up). Asa coach you shouldn't be trying to strangle your players but use their strengths. It has gotten to the point that Ovechkin is afraid to shoot or take offensive chances. That goes triple for Alexander Semin who Boudreau as all but destroyed a once promising career. Absolutely disgusting.

The idea he felt the need to turn the Edmonton Oilers into the New Jersey Devils is beyond puke worthy. Can you imagine if the Poilers ahd decided to force Gretz and co to play more defensively because they gave up so many goals just because the first few years didn't lead to playoff success? Argh.

Boudrsau is a good coach but I think he cut cuaght up all those stupid naysayers who 'wisely' claimed the Caps would not win the cup with their poor defense. Poosaw I say. You have a guy like Ovechkin, you tell him to go and lad the team to score 5 goals a game and who cares if he gives up a goal per game 'cause eh got cauight up ice because chances are he had 3 points.

Again, as a coach, it is your job to take advantage of your players' strengths. This should be obvious.

Ovechkin and company are doing me no favors in my hockey pool.

It's only been a few games since the coaching change, but seriously, come on. What does Dale Hunter have to do? Cross check somebody in the back during practice while they're not looking to wake them up?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

On a team that has two of the best goal scorers of the last few seasons, Ilya Kovalchuck and Zach Parise...

DAVID CLARKSON, is leading the Devils in goals.

DAVID.

CLARKSON.

Do you guys even know who he is? DAVID CLARKSON is leading the Devils in goals.

Any thoughts on the realignment plan next year? I was a little iffy at first but I kind of like the conference the Panthers ended up in.

If you haven't seen it:http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604852

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On a team that has two of the best goal scorers of the last few seasons, Ilya Kovalchuck and Zach Parise...

DAVID CLARKSON, is leading the Devils in goals.

DAVID.

CLARKSON.

Do you guys even know who he is? DAVID CLARKSON is leading the Devils in goals.

Is that the guy Devils fans call Clarktard?

Any thoughts on the realignment plan next year? I was a little iffy at first but I kind of like the conference the Panthers ended up in.

If you haven't seen it:http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604852

I think its going to be even harder for the Oilers to make the playoffs with the new format.

Also, how can you include the Islanders, Rangers and Devils in a conference and then leave out the Sabres? That does not make any sense to me at all.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"Any thoughts on the realignment plan next year? I was a little iffy at first but I kind of like the conference the Panthers ended up in"

I don't mind the actual realignment but the way they are doing the playoff races/playoffs is horrible. Some fo the conferences are going to have some of the better teams in the league misisng the playoffs. With 16 teams making it, that should simply not be the case. It should be conference winners + top 12 teams by point period. Therefore winning your conference matters but the better teams get in.

"Any thoughts on the realignment plan next year? I was a little iffy at first but I kind of like the conference the Panthers ended up in"

I don't mind the actual realignment but the way they are doing the playoff races/playoffs is horrible. Some fo the conferences are going to have some of the better teams in the league misisng the playoffs. With 16 teams making it, that should simply not be the case. It should be conference winners + top 12 teams by point period. Therefore winning your conference matters but the better teams get in.

Yeah, agreed. I think the Devils are gonna have a rough few seasons after Elias and Brodeur retire

Panthers are up 1-0 on the Bruins, 2 min to go!

Thomas Sowell

HOOYAH! Versteeg into the empty net. Cats win 2-0. Boston along with the Avalanche are the biggest Panther killers in the league. This is a big win.

Thomas Sowell

Hey Krook, Devils at Panthers tonight, it's gonna be a good one.

On the lighter side, the rats are back! http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida...0,4452838.story

Thomas Sowell

I'm wondering if this week will be remembered for a record amount of concussions?

First Sid again, then Claude Giroux, now Michalek and a few others.

Is it time to look at softer pads? Or better helmets?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Patrik Elias becomes the all time leading scorer of the Devils tonight, and the assist came from his old buddy Petr Sykora! I love Patty and he's meant the world to the Devils, our best, most consistent forward for the last 15 or so years. We retired Niedermayer's number the game before this one and it's only a matter of time before 26 is up there in the rafters as well.

On the downside, Elias had 2 goals tonight putting him at 12 for the season...That's the most on the team. 36 year old Patrik Elias is leading the Devils in goals on a team with Parise and Kovalchuk, not the best news ever. However, Kovy usually picks it up in the latter half of the season so we'll see if he goes on that 30 goals in 40 game streak that he's capable of.

What does age have to do with it? Silly talk.

And, now adays espciially, 36 still means possibly 4-5 years left.

I never said anything about the longevity of his career.

Parise and Kovalchuk should be or are approaching their prime. Elias is not in his prime. That is the point I was making.