Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The NHL Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
506 replies to this topic

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts
Brodeur has more points that Gaborik in this series LOL

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16316 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Blame Torturechips.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

Blame Torturechips.

1 even strength point between Gaborik and Richard this series, don't think you can put all the blame on Tortz

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:burnoutboi
Quit dicking around and finish this, LA!!

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts
So what was the King's record leading up to the final? 12-2?

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
All I know is that the Kings haven't lost a road game so far in the playoffs. That's incredible.

And I'd give a few bucks to hear what was said during the handshake line after that game.

Brown could be getting a call from Banahan tomorrow.

Hopefully the finals have better officiating than what we saw tonight. Yikes.

Go Jersey!

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16316 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"don't think you can put all the blame on Tortz"

I absolutely can blame Torturechips. His coaching style handcuffs offensive players into not playing games. They fear making a mistake so much they don't take risks. the best offensive players take risks. That's what they do. But, Torturechips is happy allowingh the other etam to diominate games and crosses his fingers that the King can make 40 saves for a 1-0 shutout win. L0L

That's piss poor coaching,.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

"don't think you can put all the blame on Tortz"

I absolutely can blame Torturechips. His coaching style handcuffs offensive players into not playing games. They fear making a mistake so much they don't take risks. the best offensive players take risks. That's what they do. But, Torturechips is happy allowingh the other etam to diominate games and crosses his fingers that the King can make 40 saves for a 1-0 shutout win. L0L

That's piss poor coaching,.

I didn't say you couldn't blame him lol...I just said you can't put ALL the blame on him. Regardless of whether or not his coaching style handcuffs players they need to find a way to produce within the system if that's what they are paid to do. Look at Kovalchuk. He's been forced to play responsibly since he arrived in Jersey and he sure as hell struggled with it at first - but now he's back. It is simply inexcusable for Brodeur have the same about of points as Richards and Gaborik have even strength combined. They'll need to step up if they want to win this series (although I'm praying they don't :p)

Arclam

Arclam

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 118 posts
Go Rangers/Devils. Going into the WCF I was thinking I would root for the winner. I generally like seeing teams win who have never won before. But I will projectile vomit if Brown touches the cup.

Not sure how I feel about the series as a whole. The better team did win. The officiating was absolutely horrendous. Dustin Brown is a piece of garbage and Mike Smith is losing me as a fan with his antics. The ending sucked. I was hoping the last game would be at home, so we could give the Coyotes a proper sendoff. Instead they saluted the fans to a chorus of boos and the band wagoners known as Phoenix sports fans throwing garbage at the Kings and the officials. Embarrassing.

It was an amazing season which I will have lots of good memories from, but if this is to be the end to the Phoenix Coyotes, the last couple minutes are not really worth remembering.

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
I'd still love to have Brown on my team anyday.

The whining from the Phoenix players is pretty bad. I can't say I've lost any respect for Mike Smith, because I never had any in the first place. I saw him play against the Oilera earlier in the year and he did the biggest dive and belly flop I've ever seen to draw a penalty. And hacking away at opponents after they score on him is classless. That being said, he did stand on his head and carry his team through the post season. Maybe his comments are a result of taking too many shots to the head.

Any Phoenix players complaining about Browns hit should watch the game tape of the last game Marian Hossa played.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7253 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The Brown hit was a messy play. He deserved a penalty, but you've got three Coyotes entering the zone at full speed. Brown is coming in fast trying to break up the rush. He's trying to get his shoulder into the guy, but while he's turning he gets more leg on leg. I just don't see how it is suspension worthy, this is a physical game. The whistle also came too late.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16316 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
A physical game does not give one the go ahead to be careless with on'es body (or stick). I don't think it's the worst infraction ever. I think he should be suspended 1 or 2 games MAZ but I cna see him not being suspedned at all. I'd rather King henrik shutout the Kings 4 striaght with no excuses. <>

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
If they make it past New Jersey, you mean.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts
What a game. Glad that Marty's mistake didn't cost us the game because he made some extremely solid stops. Devils were outshot 28-15 and manage a win...Marty is still Marty.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16316 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Torturechips chokes again!

... Lundqvist's first poor game of the playoffs. :(

This is what happens when you have a crappy coach who expects to win 1-0 or 2-1 every game. What an idiot.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

Torturechips chokes again!

... Lundqvist's first poor game of the playoffs. :(

This is what happens when you have a crappy coach who expects to win 1-0 or 2-1 every game. What an idiot.

I was actually surprised Torts didn't pull him after the 3rd goal

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8098 posts
Of course.. When I decide to watch a game it has to go to overtime. It's 04:31 in the morning in Sweden now >_<

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16316 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
FUIRE TORTURECHIPS! FIRE TORTURECHIPS! FIRE TORTURECHIPS!

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
I'm sure that coming within two wins of a Stanley Cup final appearance would be a positive for most coaches. How long does he have left on his contract, Volo?

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16316 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Too long,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users