The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

You're right, Volo. He should have played the hell out of one armed Gaborik until he magically scored a goal through sheer willpower.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little suprised at the draft today. Anaheim has a suprisingly thinner blue line without Visnovsky.

I was hoping Luongo and Nash would be moved.

Hopefully to the eastern conference.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I do not get this Phoenix/Pittsburgh trade from the Pitt end. Z Michalek for 2 prospects and a 3rd round? Pitt must be planning a splash sometime on July 1. Parise?

Don Maloney should be in prison. Getting Vermette for an injured AHL goalie and 2 late round picks, Klesla for 4 years for two free agent rent-a-players in Upshall and Lepisto. (Did I mention Scott Howson is an idiot?) Korpikoski for Enver Lisin. Now this.

From Phoenix's end. I am very exited to have Z back. Love him. But Phoenix (not counting UFA's) has more NHL ready blueliners than season ticket holders (and maybe forwards for that matter). I am thinking Phoenix moves either Yandle or Klesla to get something back up front.

Don't know what Brodeur was trying to pull by going to free agency and hiring an agent. Maybe just was curious as to what the rest of the league thought of him? Apparently he's gonna sign a 2 year contract with NJ tomorrow. I don't see this as a bad thing, he's got one more season as a starter and then he'll split the last season as a mentor with a young goalie. Parise sweepstakes should be over by the time I wake up tomorrow, feeling pretty sick about that whole situation. If he goes somewhere in the Atlantic I'll be depressed.

I understand that Parise is a disgustingly good player to have on your team (no one works harder, and he has so much skill), but the contracts I've heard him being offered are ridiculous. 12 years at 80million+? He's just not worth that much. He's coming off a 64 point season. Regardless, I hope the Devils resign him and still think they have a shot. Also, did the Penguins just send a signal to Malkin that they're done if Parise signs? There were rumors that Parise was offered a contract similar to Crosby's and there is just no way they could finance 3 people with 90+ million dollar contracts, which Malkin has obviously more than earned.