The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

I have no problems with the Kings being champs. I just wish it wasn't at the expense of the Devils.

Devils have never been swept in a playoff series before, so we'll see if they can at least bring it back to Jersey for a 5th game. Sykora is FINALLY being put back in the lineup (he should have been there since game 1 in my opinion), and he usually does well after being moved down a line (or in this case, being a healthy scratch).

If an eighth seed can take a three nothing lead in the finals, there`s a chance the team down three zip could come back to win.

But it`s pretty slim.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/hockey/story/_/id/8015700/soviet-union-hockey-great-vladimir-krutov-dies-52

There goes one of the guys who made me interested in hockey at all :(

I was able to see him play live maybe 20 years ago. I am grateful for that, he was an artist even then (in the twilight of his career).

And now I'm sad :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

huzzah! no sweep for the kings!

can we all admire how insanely clutch Adam Henrique is? He's got 4 goals this post season. 2 of which were in game 7 of the first round (one was the 2OT winner)...The third was the series clinching game 6 OT goal against the Rangers...And this one gave us the lead with 4 mins left in our season. 22 years old...Incredible player.

Wow, Steve Bernier might have trouble getting a job next season. Where the heck did that King's powerplay come from, 3 goals in 5 minutes?

I'm excited to see a new franchise win it, and I'm happy for the oldest Californian team.

Horrible way to end the season. Gionta was also hit from behind seconds before the Bernier hit. Not blaming the refs but that game misconduct ruined the Devils season. Blame is on Bernier, but O'Rourke needs to be held responsible for missing that first call. Hopefully the Devils can resign Parise and make another run. Kovalchuk has been playing with an all but broken back since the Panthers series, so I'm excited to see a healthy run for him next season (hopefully). Congrats to the LA Kings for being the most dominant post-season contenders I've seen in my life. Great year of hockey.

Sorry your team didn't win, Krookie. There can be only one!!

Stupid way to end the season. Didn't think the Bernier hit warranted an ejection...Hopefully the Devils can resign Parise. First real "full" season with Kovy + Parise and we make it to the Finals, not bad. Great season of hockey and we managed to knock out the Flyers and the Rangers which was a load of fun.

Adam Oates is a choker. So is Kolvachuk.

L0L, at top of the page when people were so sure NJ was making the comeback.

Kings were the better team so stop making excuses.

Grats Kings.

Glad these playoffs and my horrible predictions are over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

L0L, at top of the page when people were so sure NJ was making the comeback.

no one was sure they were making the comeback LOL

kovalchuk wasn't a choker, he was playing with a broken back. theres a difference

"no one was sure they were making the comeback LOL"

Top of this page begs to differ with you, my good sir.

"ovalchuk wasn't a choker, he was playing with a broken back. theres a difference"

If he was too injured to contribute and play perhaps he should ahe sat out instead of being selfish.

I didn't see people here or elsewhere give Gaborik a break despite him being so injured he needed surgery right afterswards and will be out (even missing start of enxt season).

He choked when it mattered. At least if you believe in that stupid mumbo jumbo.

I really wish people who claim x player or y team are chokers would shut up because that nonsense is exactly that - nonsense.

I guess it's only nonsense if you're not the one saying it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"no one was sure they were making the comeback LOL"

Top of this page begs to differ with you, my good sir.

when did they change the defintion of rooting for a team to claiming something? trollolololololjustgetoutlololol

If he was too injured to contribute and play perhaps he should ahe sat out instead of being selfish.

Oh he contributed. do you even watch hockey or do you just like to come here and act like an idiot for others to laugh at you?

I didn't see people here or elsewhere give Gaborik a break despite him being so injured he needed surgery right afterswards and will be out (even missing start of enxt season).

LMAO if you think Gaborik playing injured and Kovy playing injured is even the same thing. Kovy is 10x more skilled that gaborik. Gaborik can skate fast and shoot hard, thats what makes him good. Kovy brings so much more to the table.

Edited by Krookie

Yeah, same amount of cups. :)

P.S. Nowhere did I claim Gaborik was a better player so you are arguing something that wans't beinga rgued.

Yeah, same amount of cups. :)

P.S. Nowhere did I claim Gaborik was a better player so you are arguing something that wans't beinga rgued.

well as a Rangers fan this was supposed to be "your year" so I'd say Gaborik is more of a choker anyway! I mean, the Devils had a 40 year old washed up goal tender in net..How were they supposed to contend with Gaborik and "The King" lmfao

Yeah, but you guys have the better coach who allows his players to play. Gaborik and King, btw, were not the problem. Our overrated defence and our ****ty coach was.

And, Rangersn were predicted to barely make the playoffs if they got lucky. This was supposed to be the Pens-Flyers year. R00fles!@

Edited by Volourn