Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The NHL Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
506 replies to this topic

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

Good riddance, I say. Not only the team, the entire league is better without that fool.

This. Also, for what it's worth VolokinzTM, Erik Christensen was the guy who claimed a spot over Avery apparently.

Oh, and Parise was named captain of the Devils. Good news is that almost definitely means he'll be signing a long term contract. Would have liked to see Elias get one more shot as captain but Parise is a great choice too, Kovy and Elias get the A's and Petr Sykora got a contract!

I think if Marty can have a slightly above average season (and by that I mean average for any goalie, not for Marty) we'll make a deep playoff run.

Edited by Krookie, 06 October 2011 - 12:00 AM.

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:burnoutboi
Sykora has lost a step or three. It will be interesting to see how he pans out with the Devils. His time in Edmonton wasn't much to write home about.

And I don't think the Rangers' problems lie with the coach. Moreso the GM, I'd say. Wade Redden contract, anyone?

Deraldin

Deraldin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4024 posts
  • Gold Backer
Augh! Must convince prof to stream Leafs v Habs during test tonight...

Also, Price's new mask for tonight.

Posted Image

Edited by Deraldin, 06 October 2011 - 10:28 AM.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

Sykora has lost a step or three. It will be interesting to see how he pans out with the Devils. His time in Edmonton wasn't much to write home about.

He looked solid in the pre-season. Had a pair of goals, skated well. I always forget that he's only (lol) 34. Which is old, but not ancient. I think he has a 20 goal season in him if he plays with one of Elias, Kovy, or Parise. We'll see though. I don't think he's in the opening night line up.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"Erik Christensen was the guy who claimed a spot over Avery apparently."

I like Christensen, but hes's not as good as Avery. Not to mention, the lineup is fuilled with nobodies outside of their 3 big stars - Lundqvist, Gaborik, and Richards.

The Gm is an issue. They both should be gone. Nicve of the Rangers to make the playoffs almost every season but what's the point if you cna't even get past the 2nd round? The players change but the results remain the same . Why same GM, and now the same coach for the past 2+ seasons.

Avery is awesome. Plain and simple.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

Avery is awesome. Plain and simple.

I'm sure all those GMs who tried to pick him up off waivers would agree with you (:

Kor Qel Droma

Kor Qel Droma

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1738 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:burnoutboi
Welcome back to the best league in the world, Jagr. He looked great on the highlight reel.

Scary moment for Pronger. Too bad, he was off to a great start.

As for my beloved Oilers...it's still too early to tell. I like most of the new additions the team brought in, although Andy Sutton and Cam Barker make me **** my pants/ shake my head altogether way too much during the course of a hockey game. The results are much better, our team isn't acting like complete and utter morons in their own end so much so far this year.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

Welcome back to the best league in the world, Jagr. He looked great on the highlight reel.

Scary moment for Pronger. Too bad, he was off to a great start.

He's lucky it's only 2-3 weeks. That could of ended his season.

Devils have been alright in the first few games. We still don't put up enough goals as we should with two goal scorers like Parise/Kovalchuck. We're desperately missing Travis Zajac from the line up...he wont be back for a couple more weeks. Kovy needs someone to dish him the puck.

Elias isn't even worth talking about because he's the same magnificent player he's always been. Scoring big goals, quarterbacking the powerplay, scoring more goals than Parise also :)

Edited by Krookie, 25 October 2011 - 08:29 AM.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"Welcome back to the best league in the world, Jagr. He looked great on the highlight reel."

The elague couldn't even claim to have the best hockey players in the last 3 years without Jagr playing in it. Shame on the Ranegrs and rest of the league. For shame.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

"Welcome back to the best league in the world, Jagr. He looked great on the highlight reel."

The elague couldn't even claim to have the best hockey players in the last 3 years without Jagr playing in it. Shame on the Ranegrs and rest of the league. For shame.

How many goals/points do you expect Jagr to put up?

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
More than the majority of the league barring injury. Just a guess, but 40-60.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

More than the majority of the league barring injury. Just a guess, but 40-60.

Interesting

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 6993 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I would say 40-60 points would be about right. He will get that power play time, which will probably net 30 points in itself.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

I would say 40-60 points would be about right. He will get that power play time, which will probably net 30 points in itself.

I'm surprised you guys would think he could score as low as 40. Maybe I'm optimistic for him but I don't see him scoring under 50 points

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 6993 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm surprised you guys would think he could score as low as 40. Maybe I'm optimistic for him but I don't see him scoring under 50 points

I can see it. One, he might miss a few games due to injury. The older you are, the harder it is to bounce back from stuff, so I really think 70 games is more likely than 82. I'm not talking major injuries, just general bumps and bruises that come from a tough NHL season. Two, I'm assuming he isn't as fast as he once was. I haven't seen enough of his play to really know for sure, but it's normal to slow down at this age.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

I can see it. One, he might miss a few games due to injury. The older you are, the harder it is to bounce back from stuff, so I really think 70 games is more likely than 82. I'm not talking major injuries, just general bumps and bruises that come from a tough NHL season. Two, I'm assuming he isn't as fast as he once was. I haven't seen enough of his play to really know for sure, but it's normal to slow down at this age.

He had 3 breakaways two games ago, scored on 2 of them. He may have lost a step but his positioning/puck control is the same it's always been

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Yeah, saying jagr lost a step just means he's just not as fast as the fastest skaters but he can still more than hold his own with the vast majority of the league plus hisd 20 years of NHl ex[perience likely helps too. Not too many of those guys still hanging around.

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts
Patrik Elias still tearing it up for the Devils. Even with the likes of Kovy and Parise it's still him who shines, the Devils are nothing with out Patty.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=3588

Here's a thoguht dumbnutz: Perhaps, you wouldn't have crappy forwards strugling if you didn't throw one of your better ones in the trash. Why isn't this punk thrown in the trssh yet?

Krookie

Krookie

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3739 posts

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=3588

Here's a thoguht dumbnutz: Perhaps, you wouldn't have crappy forwards strugling if you didn't throw one of your better ones in the trash. Why isn't this punk thrown in the trssh yet?

Rangers are notorious for ruining good players. Won't change anything, I think both Richards/Gaborik's best days are behind them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users