Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What would you like to see in a Dungeon Siege IV?

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8783 posts
Great to get more people to try it. Not many sci-fi themed action RPGs out there.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8810 posts
I actually started replaying it as well. :shakefist:

hopfrog16

hopfrog16

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:hopfrog16

Where's all this Space Siege love coming from? I've never played it, but as far as I understand it's pretty universally hated. =P

bradleypariah

bradleypariah

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:bradleypariah
Truth be told, if you enjoy Dungeon Siege III, there is a high chance you will enjoy Space Siege. No joke.
Dungeon Siege III is better in my opinion, but it's still good.

I think a lot of the hate for Space Siege came from Mass Effect and Fallout fans hearing there was a new RPG on the market only to find it wasn't a shooter. It's why I initially didn't like it. Now I almost feel kinda bad for prejudging it.

It's like a cross between Dungeon Siege III and Alien Swarm.

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8783 posts

Where's all this Space Siege love coming from? I've never played it, but as far as I understand it's pretty universally hated. =P

Nah, it's just the perpetually butthurt DS grognards.

Renevent

Renevent

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 247 posts

Nah, it's just the perpetually butthurt DS grognards.

I purchased Space Siege for like $3 during a sale and it still was not worth it...the game isn't very good and was pretty much universally panned by everyone. The controls stink, game play is repetitive, and talk about streamlining well Space Siege makes Dungeon Siege 3 seem like a complex masterpiece.

Don't listen to Purkake, it has nothing to do with "butthurt DS grognards" the game was panned for a reason.

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8783 posts
Spoken like a true butthurt DS grognard. Thanks for proving my point :p

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7306 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Spoken like a true butthurt DS grognard. Thanks for proving my point :p

But he's a "hater". If anything, this just proves you even more wrong. :p

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8783 posts
How so? I'm talking about the people who(like fans of some other franchises) can't take off their rose-tinted glasses and see everything that isn't exactly 100% more of the same as blasphemy.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7306 posts
Because you're calling someone who thinks SS is "even simpler than DS3", a DS3 lover?

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8783 posts
It's not all black and white here, you can call SS simple, DS3 slightly less simple and DS1/2 the masterpieces of complexity. We live in a world of infinite shades of gray, my Hungarian friend.

Renevent

Renevent

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 247 posts
If you haven't read my "review" of DS3 I quite like it and gave it a lot of positive feedback so say whatever you want it has nothing to do with being a "grognard" or whatever...Space Siege isn't a very good game. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it but saying those who didn't like it are just crabby DS fanboys is a lie. Space Siege's detractors were many...

It had some nice ideas though...HR-V was a really cool side kick.

Edited by Renevent, 24 July 2011 - 12:21 PM.

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8783 posts
Well obviously they're not all crabby DS fanboys, but that was certainly one of the sentiments on the old Gaspowered Games boards. It may not be the greatest of games(neither were the DS games), but certainly doesn't deserve the outright dismissal a lot of people are/were giving it.

Renevent

Renevent

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 247 posts
The DS games were great, which is why they were received so well played by many and even are played online to this very day. Space Siege on the other hand, was not and for good reason. Space Siege didn't even resonate with the more action orientated crowd either as the controls were so funky.

I think if Space Siege had the same depth but had...let's say...Shadowgrounds control scheme it would have done a lot better. I think that's it's problem it tried to be two types of games and in the end didn't do either very well.

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8783 posts
I'm not going to argue with you about DS1/2, but looking at the previous pages, I wasn't the only one who quite enjoyed Space Siege.

Renevent

Renevent

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 247 posts
I'm sure even Big Rigs has it's fans lol. Not arguing you can't find Space Siege fun, my comments were aimed at the idea that the only people who found Space Siege dull was "grumpy DS grognards"...that's categorically incorrect.

Glad you enjoyed it though, honestly I wish I could have myself. It sucks when I buy a game and end up disliking it.

Edited by Renevent, 24 July 2011 - 12:46 PM.

Sannom

Sannom

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1548 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spoken like a true butthurt DS grognard. Thanks for proving my point :)

So now you're comparing the DS series to Napoleon?

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8783 posts
I hear lowering one's expectations and just having fun has been known to make things easier to enjoy. Big Rigs would probably entertain me for much longer than your average racing game these days.

@Sannom: I'm using the expanded, English definition of the word in this case.

Edited by Purkake, 24 July 2011 - 12:50 PM.

Renevent

Renevent

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 247 posts
I purchased it for $3 and went in with no expectations...I'm not sure how much lower I can bring them other than starting up the game and saying "this game WILL suck!" lol.

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8783 posts
I guess you're beyond help then :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users