Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mass Effect 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
581 replies to this topic

Gfted1

Gfted1

Moderators

• Moderators
  • 3381 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
^I thought Gaider wrote those.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10096 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
But that's because he's surrounded my women! They force him to do it!

Yes! :skeptical:

In German there's a word for that (Gruppenzwang). What's the English term for this?

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1905 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Kaiija
Gaider did not write the male/male romances in DA:II.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Moderators

• Moderators
  • 3381 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

In German there's a word for that (Gruppenzwang). What's the English term for this?

According to my translator, it means "peer pressure".

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4905 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

But that's because he's surrounded my women! They force him to do it!

Yes! :sorcerer:

Peer pressure ? :p

Ah, Gifted beat me to it.

Edited by Malcador, 12 October 2011 - 09:21 AM.

Drudanae

Drudanae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6477 posts

Didn't Gaider write Zevran?

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1905 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Kaiija

Didn't Gaider write Zevran?

I do not believe so. I'll wait for volourn to give us the "facts".

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"Volo, we both know that this isn't going to be like BG2 or NWN"

You don't known what i know so stop trolling by pretending to think you know what I know. It's MP cna't be any 'worse' than BG2's which was just a tack on that added nothing or took away anything from the campaign.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4905 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
ME3 MP details

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15514 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Should also be pointed out that BIO EDM isn't actually doing the MP. Another division is.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2683 posts

Should also be pointed out that BIO EDM isn't actually doing the MP. Another division is.

And this division of labor makes the prospect better how?

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1530 posts
It means it shouldn't (yeah, theoretically) detract from the SP experience even if it sucks?

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2683 posts

It means it shouldn't (yeah, theoretically) detract from the SP experience even if it sucks?

I don't think that compartmentalization, works that way for video games. That kind of stuff is good for DLC because the other team has a finish product to go from but working alongside with no oversight of both team or with a large degree of separation is bound to give you noticeable different result.

In short; MP is going to be wildly detached from SP.

Edited by Orogun01, 12 October 2011 - 04:12 PM.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9696 posts

I don't think that compartmentalization, works that way for video games. That kind of stuff is good for DLC because the other team has a finish product to go from but working alongside with no oversight of both team or with a large degree of separation is bound to give you noticeable different result.

If it's still running on the Unreal 3 engine, wouldn't it already have some MP code thrown into the bargain so to speak? The work then being in the design, fleshing out the game mechanics etc. to take it into account. Wouldn't make much sense trying to add it as an afterthought, as it would likely feel like an artificial, bolted on thing (like minigames and QTE's).

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1530 posts

It may well be so. If that's the case it should not detract from SP though, the more separate they are the less effect they should have. And as Gorth notes, UE3 is fundamentally MP friendly out of the box.

I'm not particularly expecting large amounts of awesome from the MP in any case, just that it won't really effect the awesomeness (or not) of the SP experience. At this point it's probably a combo DLC purchasing driver and further encouragement to tie copies to Origin accounts as much as anything.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4362 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

It may well be so. If that's the case it should not detract from SP though, the more separate they are the less effect they should have. And as Gorth notes, UE3 is fundamentally MP friendly out of the box.

I'm not particularly expecting large amounts of awesome from the MP in any case, just that it won't really effect the awesomeness (or not) of the SP experience. At this point it's probably a combo DLC purchasing driver and further encouragement to tie copies to Origin accounts as much as anything.

Meh, I think their producers are competent enough to run an MP team on the side, and a lot of them probably saw work on Arrival anyway. While it wasn't exactly a five star Mass Effect Experience, it was still technically competent.

Also, echo what Zoraptor said (which is why I quoted him) :D

Edited by Nepenthe, 14 October 2011 - 08:52 AM.

meomao

meomao

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I believe that MP is just a feature added on request of EA to make some dollars out of the second hand market (online pass, project ten dollar and so on). I believe that it won't affect the game and that the "galaxy readiness" thing was created just to blend the viral marketing on the web with the main game. They should have called it ME2 readiness.. Imho, if you buy the game and does not care for anything but SP, you will have the complete experience without any kind of problem.

Edited by meomao, 14 October 2011 - 10:09 AM.

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3540 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
just another bullet point on the back of the box.

plus kids these days want to play on the internetz. they don't care if the game is good.

i don't know any kids.

most of this post is fabrication.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5594 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

plus kids these days want to play on the internetz. they don't care if the game is good.

i don't know any kids.

:(

I agree, for the same reasons.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2683 posts

i don't know any kids.

Heck multiplayer is the saving grace of many an awful games. But I gotta admit watching BW go on like this is like the gaming equivalent of Lindsey Lohan and as fun to watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users