STEAM!

Gorth

Honestly though, they might run into some technical challenges. Like, when you bought and downloaded a game, then sell it, it's not anymore in your games lists, but physically still on your hard disk. Unless the Steam client makes an auto-delete once the game gets removed from your list. But some "clever" people still could crack the client.

Like Valve hasn't taken risks before. If there's ever someone taking that extra leap, it's them.

Sure, but we will see if Valve will allow to trade in games.

You could collaborate with a group of people to rotate your games thus being able to play every game for the price of one. I don't see them going for this.

Of course Valve should take an extra fee for each transaction.

i imagine they would charge a small transaction fee OR allow trades, but you only get 1 trade every 3 months or something, to prevent people from doing it for every game.

either way though, it seems like something they dont have to do. but would be nice of them if they did

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Change of subject

Had anyone else noticed the Valve own brand games updating about five times a day, recently? I think it may actually be something to do with save games on the Cloud. But it's frakking my non valve games up the wazoo. They kep crashing and every time they do there's avalve game mid-update with this guilty look on its face and its pants around its ankles.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Weird, I have HL2 with episodes and Portal currently installed and they haven't done anything like that.. then again, I haven't used cloud at all if that happens because of it.

Weird, I have HL2 with episodes and Portal currently installed and they haven't done anything like that.. then again, I haven't used cloud at all if that happens because of it.

I think something may be broken. I don't save to the cloud unless I have to. And of course I DON'T!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think something may be broken. I don't save to the cloud unless I have to. And of course I DON'T!

HL2 Deathmatch and Team Fortress 2 is updating regularly (almost daily) for me. So it's not just your computer.

Fortune favors the bald.

i actually got so sick of team fortress 2 constantly updating that i deleted it. i barely played it anymore anyway.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i actually got so sick of team fortress 2 constantly updating that i deleted it. i barely played it anymore anyway.

Funnily enough I did exactly the same thing over the weekend. It's not so much inconvenient, as creepy.

-Elwood Blues

Bought 3 games from sale.

Need for Speed: SHIFT

Need for Speed: Undercover

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

I think I should get a wheel and some pedals, but driving with keyboard hasn't slowed down me yet. :)

One odd thing I noticed today was the small icons on my Steam Library were gone after I reinstalled the client. Can't find any option to enable those either. Anyone know how you can turn them on ?

In the upper lefthand corner of your library which view are you on?
I have the "Details" view and managed to find the setting for icons, it was under the plus sign at top left.

Nice I didn't know that was a possible.. It looks much nicer.

Fortune favors the bald.

Steam games keep crashing.

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=58774

Obsidian gets enough stick for instability issues without being balmed for Steam foulups. Why the **** dd steam have to go with Cloud, which strikes me as the obvious villain here. I can only assume that opting out isn't actually opting out properly and is funting some key files.

-Elwood Blues