Okay I don't know if I need to restart again but so far, I'm lvl 8 and focused Reinhart in the Lightning aspect and so far...he suck, his spells take forever to cast and his close melee attack isn't that great...by the time I'm casting a spell, I am surrounded by half a dozen of ennemies and die.

Right now I'm at the forest , before meeting the Radiant Child and he gets literally owned by those wolfpacks, right now I have the feeling that Reinhart sucks...

So before stoping playing this game and throwing it to the garbage bin I wanted to be sure that Reinhart is useless on hardcore, if anyone here have a better strategy for him, please, feel free to post here.

thx in advance.

So before stoping playing this game and throwing it to the garbage bin I wanted to be sure that Reinhart is useless on hardcore, if anyone here have a better strategy for him, please, feel free to post here.

Well, I keep hearing that the Entropy Stance is completely broken. You may want to focus on that?

Haven't played him but from the other posts, you just have to survive until you get the 2nd tier Entropy ability...Geo something...and then start stacking Will like mad.

Before that, my guess would be to equip a lot of stamina equipment to get you through. In HC enemies can do huge amounts of dmg if they hit you, so early on high stamina helps a lot while Will/Attack less so, imo.

Most important thing about this game & combat is dodging. Or, if you're Anjali/Reinhart, teleporting. Which you prefer to do is personal taste. With the magic casters I like teleporting, some like the dodge-rolling. You're essentially going to be casting a couple spells and then dodging in circles all over the place until you can get an opportunity to cast more spells.

Non-bosses, you can run away & they'll stop chasing after a certain distance, if you need a breather to recoup.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Why are you still acting like there's any difference? :facepalm:

Can the teleport ability get you on the other side of big enemies like big Bosses, Cyclopses or Dakkenweyrs? Because Lucas certainly can't roll through them, or at least not on the first try.

Most important thing about this game & combat is dodging. Or, if you're Anjali/Reinhart, teleporting.
Why are you still acting like there's any difference? :facepalm:

Because they "feel" entirely different to me? They also are different in terms of how you end up landing when you're done & how one might re-adjust for that. Rolling and the way you come out of the roll vs. teleporting and how you land. It seems I can control a little bit better the distance of teleport where dodge has a more defined animation/distance to complete the roll? The basic end result is pretty much the same (you're going around in circles) but I dunno...it feels different & I'm better at one than the other, maybe because I'm already so used to teleport from Diablo's.

Edit: btw, I'm assuming Reinhart can do one or other depending on..uh..stance? form?... like Anjali. Teleport vs. dodge is why I use her Fire form 95% of the time tho.

Can the teleport ability get you on the other side of big enemies like big Bosses, Cyclopses or Dakkenweyrs? Because Lucas certainly can't roll through them, or at least not on the first try.

I'm not sure what you mean by "other side"... but no you can't teleport over objects (the broken benches in 2nd half of Rajani fight say). Distance of teleport allowed is fairly short. But you can certainly rapidly teleport back and forth in a straight line (like jump-hopping back and forth almost) to keep enemies wandering within your Aura of Immolation for it's entire duration while being unable to hit you.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Edit: btw, I'm assuming Reinhart can do one or other depending on..uh..stance? form?... like Anjali. Teleport vs. dodge is why I use her Fire form 95% of the time tho.

Nah, good old Reinhart is a pure teleporter, he cannot do rolls. He looks a little bit out of shape for that :facepalm: .

Ah ok. Then no other option anyway. I was assuming that because I swear I've seen Reinhart dodge while a companion. He certainly somersaulted, anyway. Maybe companion AI has the option but player doesn't.

It's a shame (for me), because Reinhart's magic can be potentially more powerful perhaps than Anjali's, but I just like her spells better. Her human form is fine/good in the early going but my clumsiness with melee in almost any game = the late game bosses I find rather impossible for her melee, in HC. :facepalm:

Edited by LadyCrimson

Reinhardt is easily more powerful than all the other characters except a powergamed Katarina.

High will + Geometry of Annihilation will kill everything; before you get that, the first lightning skill actually does decent damage with high will as well - by level 8 in the forest it could do +300, I think.

Main thing is that he's always going to be a glass cannon and you need to play him like a high risk easy die fellow. If that doesn't suit you go with a different character or a lower difficulty - Reinhardt is meant to die easily when surrounded.

For that particular wolf fight though, running away + teleport works well, since the mirror you create will suitably distract them long enough for you to kill.

Reinhardt is easily more powerful than all the other characters except a powergamed Katarina.

High will + Geometry of Annihilation will kill everything; before you get that, the first lightning skill actually does decent damage with high will as well - by level 8 in the forest it could do +300, I think.

Main thing is that he's always going to be a glass cannon and you need to play him like a high risk easy die fellow. If that doesn't suit you go with a different character or a lower difficulty - Reinhardt is meant to die easily when surrounded.

For that particular wolf fight though, running away + teleport works well, since the mirror you create will suitably distract them long enough for you to kill.

I already beat the game once with Lucas, just trying to get that hardcore achievement among other things.

It's okay now, I didn't have the mirror skill back then but now things are easier, GoA is okay but so far my strategy is: mirror+clockwork trap, roll back then ranged attacks.

BTW, any idea at how are the master skills Electrocute & Creative Destruction?

Creative Destruction has nothing on Geometry of Annihilation. Putting the points in it for health regen made it cool, but more of a gimmick compared to the awesome of GoA.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Side note/addition re: teleport: It does allow you to sort of teleport "through" clustered mobs. Not sure if it's allowed because mobs often have tiny gaps between them. But you can definitely teleport within a clustered circle of baddies, kind of like a Sorc in Diablo2 can.

You can teleport 'through' big enemies because the pathfinding assumes you teleport 'around' them, I think, which is nice.

Okay, finally beated the campaign on hardcore with him, GoA is beastly indeed but the rest of his spells kinda suck compared to it, if it wasn't thx to the people suggestions my character would have failed hard.

To be honest, I fell that the classes either are totally broken or were half-assed made, I've already experienced that with Lucas, you just need to find which is the best skill & spam it, the others being often useless.