The funny things thread part 3

Tale

Maybe some of you guys knew about this, but I didn't.

http://literallyunbelievable.org/

It's a site that lists facebook postings where people took The Onion seriously. Do not visit if you're allergic to ellipses abuse.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Balls of steel

Well either that or he's insane.

What an absolute a-hole.

I don't agree - I see and do this kind of crap all the time, the only difference is the speed.

The guy has gonads made of titanium! And yes, he's probably insane.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Balls of steel

What an absolute a-hole.

I don't agree - I see and do this kind of crap all the time, the only difference is the speed.

I'm sorry to hear that. He isn't alone on the road. He is sharing it with a ton of people. He isn't just an inconsiderate driver, he is a completely self-centered a-hole. The least he is doing is scaring the crap out of a ton of people on the road. This isn't some carnival ride, it's a busy road in a busy city. He is passing families, elderly people, people from all walks of life and he is purposefully scaring the crap out of them.

Then there is the possible consequences. Sure, his life is at the greatest risk. His odds of running into a car and getting killed are high. That would be the best case scenario, the person he runs into will have to deal with his death on their conscience, but at least he is the only casualty. But this guy was splitting the middle of two-way traffic. It's amazing that nobody swerved out of the way. He could have caused a dozen accidents in his little display that didn't affect him at all. He could have caused an accident that killed children!

Driving is not a game. People die on the road all the time. This guy doesn't deserve a license, and if you drive like that, either do you.

Eh, I found his skill with the bike to be impressive, pretty much all to it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Balls of steel

What an absolute a-hole.

I'm sorry to hear that. He isn't alone on the road. He is sharing it with a ton of people. He isn't just an inconsiderate driver, he is a completely self-centered a-hole. The least he is doing is scaring the crap out of a ton of people on the road. This isn't some carnival ride, it's a busy road in a busy city. He is passing families, elderly people, people from all walks of life and he is purposefully scaring the crap out of them.

Then there is the possible consequences. Sure, his life is at the greatest risk. His odds of running into a car and getting killed are high. That would be the best case scenario, the person he runs into will have to deal with his death on their conscience, but at least he is the only casualty. But this guy was splitting the middle of two-way traffic. It's amazing that nobody swerved out of the way. He could have caused a dozen accidents in his little display that didn't affect him at all. He could have caused an accident that killed children!

Driving is not a game. People die on the road all the time. This guy doesn't deserve a license, and if you drive like that, either do you.

You've never been on the M25 in the UK. I reckon you'd s*** your pants dude.

The only thing he's doing that's well out of line is his percieved speed at times, other than that, he's like any other guy on a motorcycle on the road in the UK.

I'm wagering you live in the US, some place where lane splitting is entirely illegal, so I can see how this would be a shock to you.

^ read the description ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0PSkOSH4A4

^ and a much more sensible example.

Edited by Nightshape

You've never been on the M25 in the UK. I reckon you'd s*** your pants dude.

The only thing he's doing that's well out of line is his percieved speed at times, other than that, he's like any other guy on a motorcycle on the road in the UK.

I'm wagering you live in the US, some place where lane splitting is entirely illegal, so I can see how this would be a shock to you.

^ read the description ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0PSkOSH4A4

^ and a much more sensible example.

I live in California where lane splitting is legal. My brother rides his bike to work every day and works for a motorcycle company, he even worked for Ducati in Italy for awhile. I am always on the lookout for motorcyclists and give them as much respect and room on the road as I can.

This guy is a complete a-hole. HE RODE INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC! He wasn't just splitting the lanes between two cars moving in the same direction. He rode in between oncoming traffic. Please tell me where that is legal. It isn't how lane splitting is defined in California.

So in summary -

Splitting lanes, with lanes both moving in the same direction, was stupid at the speeds he was traveling. Still, if the door closed on him, he would probably be the only one hurt and so it is just stupid and not necessarily an a-hole move. He was also doing some wheelies, which on a busy road is again stupid.

Riding the lane between oncoming traffic is dangerous and shows little regard for other drivers. He deserves to lose his license and his bike.

Can anyone explain how
happens?

Heh, keep your eyes on one side for the vid and they look average to attractive, keep your eyes in the center and they look like hideous trolls. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with how we perceive faces. Our faces are not uniform when we display emotion (ever?). By focusing in the center somehow our brain fills in half of the face with an identical side which makes them looks distorted. Am not explaining very well, but perhaps this article will explain it better.

Pretty interesting stuff IMHO. :)

because we emphasize the major features of the face while ignoring the rest of it because it's not the focus of our attention.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Riding the lane between oncoming traffic is dangerous and shows little regard for other drivers. He deserves to lose his license and his bike.

I agree completely. If he had done this on an empty abandoned airstrip or some place where he couldn't have caused major accidents and death, I would have no problem - as it stands now he was clearly putting several lives at risk just to show off - that's way beyond being an a-hole, that's psychopathic. If you are willing to risk other people's lives for a stunt (who didn't agree to participate), then you are clearly psychotic.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well it always depends on the road, but basically its legal here.

I agree with the complaint about speed, he is driving far too fast.

There is pleanty of footage of people riding in the UK doing similar things, infact, riding into oncoming traffice as you described is extremely common here on A & B roads.

You have to bare in mind from my perspective, you're saying people, myself included, deserve to loose their licence for driving within the law - in another country. Hey I think loads of laws in the US are silly, I wouldn't preach that you're wrong though.

I'm glad you're aware of bikers out in the world though, so many people in cars don't see bikers.

I agree completely. If he had done this on an empty abandoned airstrip or some place where he couldn't have caused major accidents and death, I would have no problem - as it stands now he was clearly putting several lives at risk just to show off - that's way beyond being an a-hole, that's psychopathic. If you are willing to risk other people's lives for a stunt (who didn't agree to participate), then you are clearly psychotic.

The only time I noticed him ride into oncoming traffice was when he moved over to the outside lane, with cars going in both directions, to his left oncoming, to his right not so. I don't see anything wrong with that at all, now, if he moved out further into oncoming traffic, well that'd be seriously nuts.

That's about the only time he'd have killed someone in any event. Other than that, he skips amongst some gridlocked cars. Saw bikers and cyclists do that a lot in London - which seems to be an eternal traffic jam, incidentally. I wonder how people drive in Moscow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There is pleanty of footage of people riding in the UK doing similar things, infact, riding into oncoming traffice as you described is extremely common here on A & B roads.

You have to bare in mind from my perspective, you're saying people, myself included, deserve to loose their licence for driving within the law - in another country. Hey I think loads of laws in the US are silly, I wouldn't preach that you're wrong though.

I'm glad you're aware of bikers out in the world though, so many people in cars don't see bikers.

Are you really sure about that? I'm having trouble finding any specific facts, but everything I am reading defines lane-splitting as moving between lanes of vehicles that are proceeding in the same direction. Filtering doesn't seem to fit the bill either.

Maybe I'm having trouble finding anything about it because it is absolutely insane. These cars are moving directly towards him.

Are you really sure about that? I'm having trouble finding any specific facts, but everything I am reading defines lane-splitting as moving between lanes of vehicles that are proceeding in the same direction. Filtering doesn't seem to fit the bill either.

Maybe I'm having trouble finding anything about it because it is absolutely insane. These cars are moving directly towards him.

I've done it with massive trucks coming the other way, I've seen it loads. Its not something I do often, but sometimes needs must.

I've even seen police motorcycles do it also.

At the end of the day, that dude is driving too fast, and he's an ass for that alone, he's also over a solid white line so he probably shouldn't be doing what he is doing, but I assure you, this is certainly common in the UK, but never have I seen anyone do it at that kind of speed.

-How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? A fish.

-How many software engineers does it take to change a lightbulb? None, that's a hardware problem.

-How did the hipster burn his mouth? He started eating the pizza long before it was cool.

-Q. How many designers does it take to change a light bulb?

A. Does it have to be a light bulb?

-Q: What do you get when you cross your grandmother with an octopus? A: A whoooooole lot of cookies.

concerned111.jpg

Pretty sure every one of you has seen this, but it's new to me!