... seem to vary from skill to skill. I did an little lab last night with Katarina.

Rifle 1 - 70 attack - highest crits is ~300 on normal attacks; highest crit on heartseeker is ~500; highest crit is 100 (28ish average damage) on machinegun spell.

Rifle 2 - 40 attack, 50 will - highest crit is ~200 on normla attacks; highest crit on heartseeker is ~650; highest crit is 110 (33ish average damage) on machinegun spell.

Rifle 3 - 12 attack, 12 will, 50 doom - highest crit is ~200 on normal attacks; highest crit on heartseeker is ~500; highest crit is 190 (22 average) on machinegun spell.

(So in this case my 50% crit rate makes Rifle 3 hilariously good for machinegunnin; Rifle 2 is ideal for Heartseekers, Rifle 1 is ideal for autoattacks)

So, from my perspective, it doesn't make sense anymore to say "focus on this stat." It looks like every attack uses a different damage formula; unless someone can extrapolate or datamine or bother a dev to tell us, everyone is best off simply making comparisons for their main offensive abiltiies every time they upgrade their offensive stat.

Well the stuff works as described. Normal attacks use Attack stat, offensive abilities use attack+will, doom adds critical damage.

For the damage difference between deifferent abilities I'd assume they have the same dps, but the absolute damage number you deal in that attack depends on the length of the skill execution (as to keep the same overall dps). Just keep in mind that it's not always about the highest number, but also about overall dps.

Well the stuff works as described. Normal attacks use Attack stat, offensive abilities use attack+will, doom adds critical damage.

For the damage difference between different abilities I'd assume they have the same dps, but the absolute damage number you deal in that attack depends on the length of the skill execution (as to keep the same overall dps). Just keep in mind that it's not always about the highest number, but also about overall dps.

It works as described, but it doesn't seem to work consistently between abilities - the two rifle shot abilities get proportionally different damage output boosts from the same attributes. Doom was just a massive surprise to me - it boosts Rapid Fire almost twice as well as it does Heartseeker shot.

And overall DPS isn't exactly a useful metric - its muddied too much by empowerment, focus gains, AoE, and plain old having to constantly move to not get your face caved in.

Edited by toastification

I think doom is just static damage added (either on top or to base). So if you're doing 500 damage, the 50 is a 10% increase, but if you're doing 50 damage on crits then the additional 50 is effectively a 100% increase.

That weird according to the description of how doom works it shouldn't be doing that much damage with machine-gun skill I guess the Devs messed up with there coding as slower attacks are meant to get a larger damage increase from doom (I guess they haven't put in a APS modifier on the machinegun skill).

Lulz.

The more I stack doom the more absurd this is becoming. I have 500 damage crits on a skill that hits 4-5 times a second and I am only just finished Stonebridge (still haven't done Glitterdale). The Cyclope boss in the Foundry quest? Died in about 6 seconds. Robot groups? Die in a second or two. I am getting the high damage crits only with 50 Ability/Attack DPS and 143 doom. I wonder if I can raise my crit rate even higher at this point, I managed to bring it up to 66% with the second tier buff and +20% agility talent; and Curse of the Grave is suppose to boost it even further than that.

I highly recommend trying to play Katarina and stack nothing but Agility/Doom. Your other spells and regular attacks will barely hit for any damage at all unless they crit, but Rapid Fire is obscene. Especially when you fire it into a large group of cannon fodder all with Curse of the Grave placed on them; its an orgy of purple bullets, explosions, and red crit numbers.

Edited by toastification

Hello,

To maximize chance for critical damage you need to have a high agility rating. This increases the % for chance of criticals

To maximize the amount of damage criticals do you need to add doom. This will increase the average damage that is landing on criticals

To maximize the amount of damage abilties are inflicting you need to increase Will. Will increases the DPS for Abilities.

Cheers!!!