How does the area effect spell fit system. It is not a trap but does increasing the trap effect damage work for the area effect spell? In addition, once you in the merchant interface there is no way to tell what equipment will work on your character nor is it mentioned in the manual. This is a bad thing.

Bob

Which ability exactly are you talking about?

As for the interface, every item has a big face above or behind the item name, both when you pick it up and at the vendor. So it's easy to know who it is for.

You will want to phrase your first question better, at best its possible that to figure out that you are asking something about Reinhart's Trap spell.

In the merchant interface, there is visible icon (in form of the appropriate face) which tells you which character can equip that particular item. If it's blanked out, that means the character is not in your party.

Damn moderator ninjas.

Edited by toastification

You will want to phrase your first question better, at best its possible that to figure out that you are asking something about Reinhart's Trap spell.

In the merchant interface, there is visible icon (in form of the appropriate face) which tells you which character can equip that particular item. If it's blanked out, that means the character is not in your party.

Damn moderator ninjas.

What is the point of the picture of the character that can equip the item if you can access your companion's inventory wouldn't it be better to highlight them in red?

Sorry I am usually better about my questions. How does one increase Reinhart's AOE spell damage? I can understand what affects lightning but what but not the entropy? Does increasing the trap spell help it?

Wait, so you want the game to give you LESS information? Why would that be better? Heck, items are sorted by character in the vendor/item window, and all items have unique visual icons depending on who uses them, so it's not like you'll ever have 2 things side by side and think "Oh I don't know which one I can use".

Spell damage (Ability DPS) is increased through Will.

On your own inventory/gear equip screen press Enter. It should then move to your companion

Reinhart AoE spell damage is increased, like all types of damage, by improving your attack. The damage of special abilities is improved by increasing both will and attack.

On your own inventory/gear equip screen press Enter. It should then move to your companion

Reinhart AoE spell damage is increased, like all types of damage, by improving your attack. The damage of special abilities is improved by increasing both will and attack.

I understand that part. But let's take healing as an example. The user can augment its effects at level up. Does anything affect the AOE spell the same way?

There's an entropy talent too, though, equivalent to the lightning one, isn't there? I haven't looked too closely.

All skills can be upgraded. Check your ability screen and hit next. Then you have a list of abilities and what each of the upgrades does. If you're talking about the clockwork trap, that can be upgraded to increase damage or to add to it a slowing effect. Obviously the upgrade only effects the skill you're upgrading.

If the "spell" you're talking about is the basic attack when you hit the attack button/left click the damage depends purely on the "Attack stat". The basic attack is what it is and can't be upgraded. But you can use the empowered version from the start.

And if you're asking if all gear affects both stances, that's a no. To have higher stats in entropy you need to upgrade the first slot (crystal balls) and to upgrade your stats in dynamic you need to upgrade gear in the last two slots (belt and gauntlet). The other gear works for both stances.

There's definitely one for Entropy. I think it's the third over. Genius, the one for his melee stance, then the entropy one.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There's definitely one for Entropy. I think it's the third over. Genius, the one for his melee stance, then the entropy one.

OK I got it figured out. What confused me was that the basic melee attack was shock based and so it seemed the basic attack was covered under lightning. I see now that it is not.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Menu -> Abilities, each ability there's a bar showing how close you are to Mastery.

Oh! So if I spend enough proficiency points into the ability than I can empower it? Since there are two aspects of every ability, do both of those have to be filled or just one of them?

Points have nothing to do with empowering an ability. (edit) Also, the bar Tig is talking about isn't the passive proficiency skill points screen. It's the very first one, with all the circles. If you highlight/click on one of those ability circles, you can see a 'bar' under the ability name. (edit: illustrating screenshots: One - Two

You just have to use the ability. It's a little bit like how the skills worked in the old DS games. Every time you use/cast an ability, you gain a tiny bit of progress in the "Mastery bar" meter. When that meter/bar fills up, you have Mastered the ability and can now use the Empowered version of it (if you want, don't have to) by pressing the Shift+ability hotkey (eg Shift+1 .. on kb, not sure on consoles). So if you want, say, Empowered Wind Shear, start casting Wind Shear. A lot. :lol:

Empowered takes up 2 Power spheres tho (the little purple orbs under your health meters). I personally haven't needed them much, even in HC.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've been finding empowered attacks fairly underwhelming. They negate my ability to turn on healing for a while, and they aren't really that more powerful than regular abilities.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've been finding empowered attacks fairly underwhelming. They negate my ability to turn on healing for a while, and they aren't really that more powerful than regular abilities.

Ditto.

I've used Empowered healing to save my companions arse during boss-fights at times, since that also benefits me so why not, but it's pretty rare I use Empowered for any other reason.

They could use some boosting or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah! I see that now. Thank you. By the way, in an average play-through are there are there enough proficiency points to max out a single proficiency in each ability?

Another question in regards to Rinehart's abilities: Which stat seems to pay off more: Will or Attack? Attack directly affects or equals Attack DPS, right? Will affects the Ability DPS, but to what extent?

Yeah! I see that now. Thank you. By the way, in an average play-through are there are there enough proficiency points to max out a single proficiency in each ability?
No. You can max out about 5, as I recall.
Another question in regards to Rinehart's abilities: Which stat seems to pay off more: Will or Attack? Attack directly affects or equals Attack DPS, right? Will affects the Ability DPS, but to what extent?
Will, without question. Pump will, drop Geometry, watch everything fall dead.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No, you can't max out all abilities. You can max out 5 on average.

In theory Attack should be better, since it's used for both normal and skill attacks. But. BUT. First, gear gives higher bonuses in Will than in Attack, specially Reinhart's. Second, your attack increases more by leveling than your Will does, so with having a bonus of the same size, you gain more by it being a Will increase. And third, once you get Reinhart's skills going, you practically don't need to attack except perhaps to refill your focus.

Also, I'm not sure, but I got this nagging feeling that Attack to damage is not a point per point translated value, i.e. having double Attack perhaps doesn't mean double damage.

Edit: Eh, ninja bunny stole my post. I was checking stuff ingame to not say something false :D .

Edited by Sabotin

Actually....

You start at lvl 1 (0pts), max lvl is 30 (29 pts), but since you seem to get one extra point around lvl 5 (at least, I always do/have), you can max out 6....if you reach lvl 30.

A lot of ppl seem to get only into the late 20's by end-game unless you do a moderate amount of extra grinding. So for people who don't like to grind much for any reason, it's probably going to be only 5, yeah.

Edited by LadyCrimson