Just Finished AP - My Thoughts!

I picked up Alpha Protocol from Games for Windows Marketplace (HUGE mistake, I know), and it was also a horrible pain to get it playing right *cough* SEGA, however what was NOT a mistake was purchasing the game itself.

I heard mixed reviews on the game from various media outlets, but I wanted to send along my thoughts to the Obsidian team if they read this at all (or at least encourage others on the fence about getting the game), and I really enjoyed the experience.

I'll admit there were some buggy parts, and my initial gunplay was NOT as I expected (Mr. Thorton as a recruit really sucks at aiming first huh? haha) but I can tell a lot of effort was put into the game. The story was cool, got me involved, and by the end I was having a load of fun (although the 2nd to last boss fight was a bitch!)

Anyone know if there is a sequel planned? I wonder if there is any system to carry over the story from the first game into the second, sort of like Mass Effect. Alpha Protocol certainly has a deep enough universe with enough characters to do this.

Even if there is no sequel though, I really think the game tied itself up nicely. Aside from a little inference the closing tagline Mina said, there was no cheesy Cliffhanger to DEFINITELY prove a sequel will be coming. I like endings that actual end. Granted questions remain, but not so bad to the point where they can't be left up to the imagination.

So, job well done Obsidian, definitely a nice little hidden gem and even if an AP2 doesn't come out, I had a nice experience with AP and expect great things in the future.

Funny....Fallout: New Vegas is 20 dollars at Best Buy....was debating getting that, what an interesting segway!!!

• 4 weeks later...

There is a thread in here dedicated to the possibility of a sequel.

As far as New Vegas for $20?? BUY IT!!!

Fallout 3 is/was my favorite game of all time. You've probably heard New Vegas has bugs.

Is that really so shocking?? Fallout 3 had tons of bugs, I just loved it despite the fact.

Most major bugs for New Vegas are fixed now anyway, plus the 3rd DLC is coming out soon. The story is good, there's tons of missions, and the game overall is a great value.

Plus, if you buy it for PC, there's always the New Vegas Nexus to keep the game going for (almost) forever.