New characters and story lines would be great.

No new characters please, instead more detailed abilities and synergies, a lot of abilities are completely useless now by themselves and in terms of upgrading them(shield pummel, vanguard strike, earthquake, etc.)

Shield pummel useless? Are you kidding me? It's totally OP'd. Lucas has an infinite combo with this in a one-on-one fight with good momentum. Works well against the Drakkenweyrs (who can basically kill you in 1 hit on hardcore). Start off with a shield pummel, then regular strikes 3 times, then combo another shield pummel. Lather, rinse, repeat. Always repeat.

That kind of disagreement is a sign of good balance and gameplay variety

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Shield pummel useless? Are you kidding me? It's totally OP'd. Lucas has an infinite combo with this in a one-on-one fight with good momentum. Works well against the Drakkenweyrs (who can basically kill you in 1 hit on hardcore). Start off with a shield pummel, then regular strikes 3 times, then combo another shield pummel. Lather, rinse, repeat. Always repeat.

I don't know what you are talking about, shield pummel rarely works on min-bosses and never works on bosses.

I don't know what you are talking about, shield pummel rarely works on min-bosses and never works on bosses.

Not all Dakkenweyrs are bosses or mini-bosses, it doesn't mean that they're not tough as nails and deadly though. That lunge attack followed by a massive claw swipe took me by surprise fairly often, and generally took 1200+ damages out of me. And those Dakkenweyrs are subject to Shield Pummel. And yes, when fighting one alone, it pretty much locks him completely and makes him unable to attack.

600-800 with over 1000 criticals which were quite often.

Seems kinda low. I did 500-600 with Executioner's Charge, and it was a string of 1.5k-2k crits as soon as they hit half health.

The real moral of the story is then it doesn't matter as long as you do upgrade it.

• 11 months later...

Hi guys,

I had the same problem. Heard withering worked for someone so checked my inventory. Had a lower quality weakening item instead (chaos: 2 points). It made the fight very easy. Her hits were cut in half so could survive more than one hit. Hope this helps someone.

Furthermore it's nice to see that the game challenges you in both playing well and making strategic equipment choices.

First post but played every Obsidian game. Well gotta finish this one.

• 7 months later...
anjali vs hard core rajani, It's not at all elegant but at least I didn't die. :p 

It's my 2nd time through the game so I was much more prepared with massive high stamina & it only took me 3 tries instead of over a dozen, haha! I don't block/dodge but I do teleport like mad. I'm not even sure if I did much dmg. myself, lol. Doggy got the final blow! Fun times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So after about a dozen times trying to beat Rajani with Lucas on hardcore I finally gave up and beat her on normal with no problem the first time.

The farthest I got on Hardcore was 2/3 of her health on her second form.

The biggest problem I see is that armor has no damage mitigation against magic, she is completely immune to stun and stagger and the damage she deals is huge(3 times of normal) and some attacks are pretty random.

Thoughts? Is there some trick to beating her on hardcore, some special weapon property or something?

The key to beating Rajani = dodge timing.

• 1 month later...

What average damage hits did you get towards the end with maxed out willful?

600-800 with over 1000 criticals which were quite often.

mama, that's a lot there! Crits are ouch! Are you expert in doding skill too? coz i guess it would be easy for you to pass it  :)