KB\mouse + controller in coop?!

for the love of god please dont tell me that in order to play offline co-op i need two controllers.

anyone knows if i can play offline co-op on my PC with one player on the keyboard and another on the controller?

the idea of a PC gamer needing 2 controllers to play co-op offline is one of the laziest i've heard of. i dont know if this is the case

but i smell laziness....

anyone knows if i can play offline co-op on my PC with one player on the keyboard and another on the controller?

Yes, you can.

is it possible in the demo?

than by all means, tell me how.

in the steam window it was noted i need 2 controllers.

in the steam window it was noted i need 2 controllers.

K&M are controllers too. You control things with it. Hence the name.

was it that hard to answer the question?

how is it possible to play off line coop in the demo?

can i do it right form the beginning or should i advance to get to when i release anjali?

Actually, I'd like to know too - I haven't really looked for it yet, but how do you play local coop in the demo?

You should be able to do it from the beginning because characters being introduced after a while, like Lucas/Anjali is released from the cage, is a SP-only thing; in MP we know you can begin with any character from the start... at least, in the full game.

i tried everything and couldnt get co-op to work.

i am afraid sannom was wrong and you need two controllers (the ones with thumb sticks) to play co-op, which accompanying with the crappy control scheme for mouse\kb is another bad overlook.

i tried everything and couldnt get co-op to work.

i am afraid sannom was wrong and you need two controllers (the ones with thumb sticks) to play co-op, which accompanying with the crappy control scheme for mouse\kb is another bad overlook.

Try a ps3 controller ? It has those thumb sticks that you mention.

Which controller doesn't have analog sticks these days?

Xbox360 controllers are the officially supported ones, but you can easily get other ones, such as Logitech, working through x360ce in a couple of minutes' tweaking. Otherwise - so how do you get 2-controller co-op working, topeira? I want to check that out myself. Or are you just assuming one controller + KB/M doesn't work because you can't get it going on the demo?

Would be nice to hear an official answer on this, definitely.

i have on controller. the 360 conteroller. i have no issues with it in any game. flawless.

but i only have one. i would like to play offline co-op with a friend (room mate) and dont think it's even possible, unless someone can prove me otherwise.

It would be really odd if local co-op with a gamepad and M+K isn't allowed. It won't affect me, but it seems like a basic feature.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Oh, so you don't have any info on whether it's possible or not. I'm curious too - but we don't know if (a) it can be done, we just don't know how; (b) it can be done, only in the full game; © it can't be done. In fact, I don't even know how you'd play 2-controller co-op with the demo, because I haven't seen any options anywhere. If anybody's tried that, it might help us work it out.

Easiest would be if a dev answered...

as i have said - in the steam window in the client in the same window where it allows you to DL the demo it says local coop requires two controllers.

i kinda assume it means that the full game wont allow local co-op with kb\m+controller. as stupid as this may sound i HAVE seen such a ridiculous oversight in the game "dungeons and dragons daggerdale".

and to me, looking how half arsed the control scheme for kb\m IS to begin with i just suspect that i should expect as little as possible from this game that even the simplest most obvious things shouldnt be taken for granted here.

• 1 month later...

So... no one knows if you can play this game coop in the same computer with keyboard/mouse and a gamepad, even in the full version?

I got it this week and want to play with my brother, but we only have a gamepad. We can't find the way for the second player to join when the first is already playing.

• 4 weeks later...
No, some people on this forum said they played local co-op - I've forgotten now, but try searching the forum.

I am looking for this option, too. I did search the forum, but couldn't find answer yet.

Could someone pls. tell us how to enter local coop? Would be great, ;)).

No, some people on this forum said they played local co-op - I've forgotten now, but try searching the forum.

I am looking for this option, too. I did search the forum, but couldn't find answer yet.

Could someone pls. tell us how to enter local coop? Would be great, :p).

Perhaps I am plain stupid, but in fact I don't know how to simply host a game, or even to play local co-op. I have the crude assumption, that another player could only jump in the game with a gamepad, if the character in single player got a companion. But I only played the demo this far (Lucas -> Anjali) and I wont be amused if you can't play as a team simply from the beginning of the game.

The only thing I can do is to find other games online, in which other players are hosts.

But this implies another oddity: There are only three or so games... Do I see all games??? This seems ridiculous.

I am terrified, that there isn't a solution, which could make me happy. So I am indeed in greatest need of somebody of great knowledge about this game (... Nathaniel Chapman would be very nice! :) ).

My opinion of DS 3:

• positive
  • I like the fighting system a lot! The characters and their abilities are awesome! It is so nice to switch this stances.
  • The design of healing through orbs and abilities is tactically very interesting.
  • A story that isn't the casual one is to my liking and I think this game is at least a bit special at this point (not played through yet).
    not that positive ;)
  • The documentation is gruesome: The explanation of the orb beneath the portrait only appears a few seconds for example and so there isn't a good tutorial there.
  • Even if it could make things a bit harder for weaker PCs, it should be allowed to zoom deeper and rotate the camera more in the vertical to look at this beautiful world!

(16.08.2011)

I am very sorry for double posting... but, I am not allowed to edit my last post, but I think I have to admit something:

I found out how to host... teeheehee... wasn't that locked away. You have to get in a game and with multiplayer and the private/open game button you can probably host a game.

But the problem for me is the offline game button. There isn't anything I could do there, is it? Would be great to hear something bout that!

PS Sorry again for my bad forum behaviour.

My opinion of DS 3:

• positive
  • I like the fighting system a lot! The characters and their abilities are awesome! It is so nice to switch this stances.
  • The design of healing through orbs and abilities is tactically very interesting.
  • A story that isn't the casual one is to my liking and I think this game is at least a bit special at this point (not played through yet).
    not that positive ;)
  • The documentation is gruesome: The explanation of the orb beneath the portrait only appears a few seconds for example and so there isn't a good tutorial there.
  • Even if it could make things a bit harder for weaker PCs, it should be allowed to zoom deeper and rotate the camera more in the vertical to look at this beautiful world!

(16.08.2011)

:thumbsup: There is no viable excuse for me ignoring the rules of conversation again. But... Okay, I hope it is okay, if I provide some information, I got from the steam-forums from T.T.H.:

Guide how to play the PC/Steam version of the Dungeon Siege 3 demo with 2 players using 2 controllers on 1 PC (same screen, no splitscreen):

1. get two controllers working on your PC (in my case I have 2 original Xbox360 wireless controllers and 1 "Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows" on Vista 64 Bit)

2. launch Steam

3. launch Dungeon Siege 3 demo

4. use the mouse to activate "enable gamepad support" in the options of the Dungeon Siege 3 demo

5. use the primary controller to start a new game, watch/skip the videos and select a character

6. when the character is ingame (you can move around) press the "Start" button of the secondary controller

7. use the secondary controller to select another character

8. now two characters are ingame

9. done, go beat up some enemies together!

Some notes:

- this is not splitscreen

- the secondary controller cannot control the camera

- it does not matter who picks up items: gold, health and mana go to all players and items go to the appropriate character

Hope this helps (took me some time to figure it out myself so I thought I might share the knowledge) and have fun!

So, local coop is possible. What a surprise. But is this the off for the combination called in this thread? I hope not, cause at the moment I am not going to buy a second controller.

PS I had to triple post, cause I googled a bit and found that piece above and haven't been in desire of getting a "pls google it"-commentary.

Edit: Here is a link to the steam forum with a few people sharing the same confusion! Link to confusion :lol:

Edited by Igos du Ikana

My opinion of DS 3:

• positive
    not that positive ;)

(16.08.2011)

I am very sorry for double posting...

...PS Sorry again for my bad forum behaviour.

:thumbsup: There is no viable excuse for me ignoring the rules of conversation again. But... Okay, I hope it is okay, if I provide some information, I got from the steam-forums from T.T.H.:.

...PS I had to triple post, cause I googled a bit and found that piece above and haven't been in desire of getting a "pls google it"-commentary.

No worries, there are no rules against consecutive posts and we always welcome contributing members.

I found this:

11# Local Co op Controls Fix ? How to Make Gamepad and Mouse Keyboard Controls Work at the same time

Make sure your gamepad is plugged in before you start Dungeon Siege 3. At the start menu before you load a game, go to options and un-check ?gamepad support?. Then load your game and player 1 should be set to mouse/keyboard while player 2 can still press start on the gamepad to join in. This way it will work.

But I tried it and failed. Perhaps the controller isn't marked as player 2? The problem remains unsolved for me...

PS

No worries, there are no rules against consecutive posts and we always welcome contributing members.

This is comforting! Thanks! :thumbsup:

My opinion of DS 3:

• positive
    not that positive ;)

(16.08.2011)

• 2 years later...