Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A few pesky achievements left

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Mirage

Mirage

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 89 posts
Well, I have 45 of AP's achievements so far. The ones I need Judge, Jury, Executioner, Ladies' Man, No Time for Love, Building a Deadlier Mouse Trap, and Ready for Anything. The one I'm most concerned about is JJE, which I had prepared for through my most recent playthrough, but I didn't kil Mina, it wouldn't let me at the end, I suppose my rep with her wasn't low enough (only Neutral). Is killing Mina a requirement for this achievement? I've killed everyone when it presented the option.

As for Ready for Anything, I bought all the intel before missions, I've read you must do the hubs in a particular order and leave most everyone alive in order to get this. Is this true? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Edited by Mirage, 06 June 2011 - 06:00 PM.

Karl the Unfettered

Karl the Unfettered

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 84 posts
To kill Mina, you either need a really low rep or you agree to work with Halbech at the start of the endgame. You can romance her and kill her, all at once. Also, it's important that you spare Omen Deng in Taipei, otherwise you won't get the chance to kill Scarlet at the end.

Finally, if you don't feel like killing Marburg in Rome, just get 100% of his dossier and Parker's dossier, then you can bait Marburg into attacking Parker during the endgame, and you should be able to kill him after Parker is dead during that one battle.

Mirage

Mirage

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 89 posts
Thanks for the reply. But, doesn't Omen Deng need to be killed to get JJE? I killed Omen, and I had Heck kill Scarlet. I suppose I could go back to my earlier save, accept Leland's offer and kill Mina, then betray Leland at the end, can I still get JJE this way? I've already killed Marburg, got Youth Trumps Experience today as a matter of fact (well, yesterday technically).

Well, replayed it, killed Mina, betrayed Leland but no go. I got the "trail of the dead" perk, but no achievement, which was odd.

Oh, also, I didn't execute Surkov as I killed Brayko right away, I knew that was a mistake as soon as I did it.

Edited by Mirage, 06 June 2011 - 10:03 PM.

Karl the Unfettered

Karl the Unfettered

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 84 posts
If you spare Deng and chose to "Download PDA Files" rather than "Contact Parker" when the choice comes up, Deng explains that Scarlet was the shooter and asks you to kill her should you run into her again. Then when you find her later in the level, you have the opportunity to shoot her or spare her.

With Moscow, I believe you have to be angry with Grigori and piss off Surkov, but not enough so he'll not meet with you afterward; you have a few chances to score more negative rep with Surkov during the separate meeting. Then you confront Brayko and shoot him once you've learned about Surkov, then deal with Surkov at Molotek and kill him there (at least I think so; it's been a while since I've done a psychopath run, so). You can also kill either Albatross or SIE at Brayko's mansion, depending on whether you went with G22 or VCI as help.

Also, though I'm not sure about this, I think if you piss off Albatross enough and leave him alive (obviously you have to murder Sis), he'll try and attack you at the AP facility. You might have to pick him as your handler, but again I'm not completely sure on that. If he does assault the facility you can shoot him too, thus killing both him and SIE. But that could just be hearsay so who knows, don't take my word for it.

Hope this helps!

Mirage

Mirage

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 89 posts
Yep, I did that option with Downloading the PDA files and Deng said to kill Scarlet (separate playthrough, before I was gunning for JJE). So, killing Deng is not mandatory to get the achievement? Also, I've heard from many sources that Heck needs to be your handler in the finale to get JJE.

About Surkov, do you need a negative rep with him for it to register when the game checks for the requirements for JJE? Oh, and does SIE need to die? I want to get JJE and No time for Love (and the Mousetrap one) for my next playthrough. I want to find a detailed guide so there is no chance I'll miss it next time around.

Edited by Mirage, 07 June 2011 - 12:46 AM.

Dabu

Dabu

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Dabu47

Oh, and does SIE need to die? I want to get JJE and No time for Love (and the Mousetrap one) for my next playthrough

When Albatross is killed there is no chance to kill SIE, so she doesn't have to die. You may take her as your handler for "No Time for Love" achievement, get it and then reload checkpoint so you have to take Heck to do JJE.

Yep, I did that option with Downloading the PDA files and Deng said to kill Scarlet (separate playthrough, before I was gunning for JJE). So, killing Deng is not mandatory to get the achievement?

Scarlet will try to kill you at the end if you haven't met her earlier and she doesn't like you. You have to spare Leland and then Scarlet will shot you and that's the moment where Heck is rescuing you, so you have the chance to kill Leland AND Lake.

Omen is better dead for JJE.

Mirage

Mirage

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 89 posts
Yeah, I spared Leland and allowed Heck to kill Lake, then I executed Leland, still didn't get the achievement. Of course, I didn't execute Mina on that save. Even without Deng's insight, it was still revealed that Lake was the assassin, though. I'll probably have to play it over, and make sure I did everything right. Is there a detailed guide somewhere so I can follow every detail? I let Shaheed live at first then killed him later, is that acceptable?

Dabu

Dabu

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Dabu47

I let Shaheed live at first then killed him later, is that acceptable?

Yes.

I didn't execute Mina on that save

Why? I thought that you have a choice to leave her tied up in Graybox and it's counted as kill... but I'm not sure.

Is there a detailed guide somewhere so I can follow every detail?

The only one I know i this
http://www.xbox360ac...protocol/guide/
But I don't know if it's good enough for you. You can check out the forum and comments there, though.

Mirage

Mirage

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 89 posts
It's been awhile, but I thought I'd update, just got JJ&E. I followed a very detailed guide, not sure if some of the instances were necessary but I did them anyway so as to not waste another playthrough. I have all but one achievement, which is the Ladies Man one. I'm a little unsure how to romance Scarlet, since it's been awhile since I attempted. I'm pretty sure I should just stick to the professional responses and then when I contact her at the hotel in the endgame pick the honest option, is there a guide? I've done this before but my memory is a little hazy and I want this to be my last playthrough for quite some time. In the official wiki, the guide says to stay strictly professional, can can anyone help me out here. The other romance options I've done many times so those shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Mirage, 14 September 2011 - 04:38 PM.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3008 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Romancing Scarlet shouldn't be too hard. You'll get all the influence you need with her when you send Halbech intel to her, and as you say, be honest with her when you meet up in Taipei before the final mission (I actually don't know if you have to be honest here to romance here but might as well be on the safe side).

Then just choose to stay when she asks if you have to leave right away.

Mirage

Mirage

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 89 posts
Ah, well, thanks for the tips but I actually got it last night after a rushed playthrough. And yeah, it's very easy to get on Scarlet's good side by sending her intel + being honest with her (there's a small number of Suave responses that actually give you a gain in rep with her). I had Mina at 10 (Frienship), same with SIE, but Madison was at a 3 or 4 if I recall right. I decided to take a dock with Mina's rep by requesting Madison's help at Conrad's villa so I could gain rep with her (Madison), since rome was my first hub it could easily be made up later.

So, that's it, finally 50/50 for AP! I've been working on getting all achievements for close to a year (started with PS3 version then traded it in and berated mysel later for it then shortly after bought it for 360), on and off I mean. Feels good, but it'll likely be a long time before I pick AP up again.

Edited by Mirage, 15 September 2011 - 12:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users