Hello to all,

How do you know if you have stealth'd a mission? I'm trying to get the 3 mission stealth trophy, but after finishing Nasri, bug the airfield and the G22 warehouse in Taipai, I still don't have the trophy.

All I use is sneak ko's or head shots with the tranquilliser, and should I be spotted I simply reload the checkpoint. What is required exactly as I have followed guidelines but still no trophy. Is it yet another bug in the game?

@UP: This to, but also it require from you being not spotted by any enemy. Take the Awareness (Master, 6th level stealth) and watch out so the indicator won't become red. Then you may just reload your checkpoint, or you'll fail.

One of the hardest achievement in AP, you may just miss the moment when indicator is red.

Edited by Dabu

Sorry for my english, it's not so good.

Don't take down more than 5 enemies.

Damn it!

I thought take down ment don't kill anyone?

The trophy discription mentions only not to kill or alert anyone. This game is just one big f'up and an unremovable stain on a played list.

But the description is right, you can't KILL anyone, but knock outs and tranqs are okay, as long as nobody can see you.

I think that you may fall during the mission with Nasri, 'cause it's hard to complete it that way. Just do another missions and check if it works.

You know what you could do, rather than throwing a fit like a kid?

Find APGame.ini and edit the perk requirements. So instead of three or five or whatever you can get a perk after just one instance. Be sure to uncheck Read Only in the document properties before saving your edits, and recheck it once you're done so the changes apply.

Now here's the cool (if broken) part. Fix the stealth-related perks so you only get them after one mission, as well as the perk for setting alarms off and the one for talking your way past guards, then at the Intercept Nasri mission use a Professional stance at the first encounter; you'll get These Aren't The Agents You're Looking For, if you edited that perk's requirements. Pretty soon an alarm will go off, and if you've got good body armor and lots of endurance you can just run through the whole level beating guys up with CQC while they fire at you. Don't have to worry about sneaking or cover, and it takes a fraction of the time to complete the mission as it would if you'd gone total stealth.

And if you fixed the perk requirements, at the end you have these perks:

-These Aren't The Agents You're Looking For

-Real Men Don't Hide

-The Better Part of Valor

-One With The Shadows

And then whichever is the one you get depending on how you dealt with Nasri.

After that, deal with the Bug The Airfield mission silently, without anyone seeing you and using non-lethal stealth takedowns and tranquilizers from a silenced pistol (be very sure to wait and line up the critical shot indicator until it's red, before shooting, or it won't be a one-shot KO!) and you'll get Unseen Presence. Remember, too, that you don't need to take out every bad guy, it's perfectly ok to leave a few conscious as long as you don't otherwise alert them. There'll be a few tense spots, but that's how it's supposed to be; sneaking and stealth is naturally more difficult than running in guns blazing, it needs more patience and a level approach.

Did all that make sense? I don't mind repeating myself.

You know what you could do, rather than throwing a fit like a kid?

You know what you could do, rather than making a pointless post? Read the first post and realise I'm playing the game on PS3.

Indeed I may be getting frustrated, but console gamers have to keep pushing their gaming skills to accomplish something, not rip open files and cheat our way through games.

Sorry for the rant, I just despise PC gamers.

Dabu...

Checked a few more sites and it seems even the tranquilliser is a no no. Only way people are getting it is by sneaking past guards with no weapon use at all.

So the trophy isn't actually bugged, but the description on the trophy is written wrong, as putting everyone to sleep seems to count as a kills???

Checked a few more sites and it seems even the tranquilliser is a no no. Only way people are getting it is by sneaking past guards with no weapon use at all.

I'm not completely sure, but I have this achievement (360) and I think I did use the tranquailliser rounds. Also, there is a description of that achievement from "Xbox360Achievements.org"

This achievement is a complete pain, as not only are you limited to not being able to kill enemies, you must also finish the missions without an enemy being alerted to you. What makes it so bad is that out of all of the missions in the game, there are only five missions where it's possible to pull it off. Every other mission in the game at one point or another forces you into a firefight, which automatically alerts all enemies to your presence.

The five possible missions in the game where it is possible to complete without alerting enemies at all are as follows.

Saudi Arabia:

Bug Al-Samad Airfield

Intercept Nasiri the Weapons Dealer: This mission is very difficult to complete stealthily, especially the final room, due to the fact it's so early in the game. If you cannot pull it off, you can try to play the other missions and get the achievement through them.

Moscow:

Prevent Surkov's Escape: Must make a deal with at the end of the mission with Surkov, or you will be forced to fight.

Rome:

Bug CIA Listening Post

Taipei:

Investigate Warehouse District

There are many things you need to keep in mind when focusing on stealth missions. Here are some tips to help make it easier on yourself.

-If someone sees you, just load your last checkpoint. You do not need to reload the entire level, so don't worry about that.

- If you plan on getting this achievement, you can make it much easier on yourself by putting 5 points into the Stealth skill right away for Master Awareness. Awareness is a very useful skill, as it will not only tell you where all the enemies are, but it will also tell you their status. Blue arrows above means they are normal, yellow means they are investigating, and red means they have been alerted to you. Many people believe that if the enemies status ever changes from normal, that they need to load the last checkpoint. This is not the case. As long as an enemies are not fully alerted(red arrow), you're fine.

- Never, ever kill anyone. No matter if you knock someone out or kill them, they will be down for good, so there really is no point in actually killing. That means, there are only two ways you can properly take care of enemies. You can either use Tranquilizer Darts, or Take down's.

- Pay very close attention to what armor you are wearing. While heavy armor increases your endurance and allows you to carry more items, it also makes you walk heavier. Whenever you do a mission solely for stealth, stick with armor that does not decrease your sound dampening. Endurance does not matter, as if you play the mission right, you don't need to be able to take more hits.

- As well as heavily investing into Stealth, Pistols should be the very next important thing. Pistols are the only firearm that are capable of not killing, via Tranquilizer Darts. As such, it's the only way of knocking out guards without getting close for a take down. On top of that, using Chain Shot with tranquilizer rounds will allow you to take down multiple enemies all at the same time. At the beginning of the game, you are automatically given a silencer, make sure you put it on right away!

- Using gadgets for a stealth mission not only costs you extra money, but is a huge mistake, save for the Sound Generator. Even still, the Sound Generator is very expensive, so it isn't something you should rely on. Every offensive gadget aside from the Shock Trap kills, so you cannot use them. Even the Shock Trap isn't good, as after it activates, it doesn't knock an enemy out right away. For a few seconds, they will be stunned, and during that time, they will automatically be alerted to you, even if they didn't see you, forcing you to have to reload.

- If anyone ever sees a body lying around, they will automatically start investigating, which can be a pain to deal with. Unfortunately, you cannot move bodies around, so this can be a huge pain if you knock an enemy out too close to another ones pathway. There is, however, one way to avoid this for the most part. As soon as someone's been knocked down, make sure that you move the camera around so that you cannot see them, and start moving away from the body. Stay away for about ten seconds or so, and when you come back, the body will have disappeared, leaving no chance of someone finding their fallen comrade.

It says you may use tranqs.

Just complete another stealth mission and we'll see if it works. : )

I've done Nasri, airfield, warehouse and CIA using only takedowns or tranqs. It even gave me a perk after the CIA mission for doing 5 stealth missions.

I'll use this playthrough to get Thorton Inc, but even that trophy is written wrong as it says get your enemies to like you, but then has Madison, and the rest of the women written in for that trophy.

My biggest disappointment with AP, and even the newer splinter cell, is that both diverged from what stealth would look like in reality. For example, you cannot pick up a dead body and stow it in a locker, as was possible with Metal Gear Solid 2 and to an extent in Splinter Cell 1. It is sad when I see a game come out with less capability than a game 8 years ago. Also, the lighting and visibility factor found in Splinter cell 1 is missing. If I am not visible in the dark, then show me I am not visible by using actual lighting on my in-game playable character. Once again, I find it sad that a game like Splinter Cell that came out for the obsolete technology of the Xbox is still better at stealth than modern stealth espionage games.

For shame.

Yeah I get what you mean,

But in AP, I can't rember that many sections where shadows hide your character warrent a needed feature. But it shows stealth is meaningless for this game dut to the amount of levels where the AI triggers the alarms on there own. What it should have donw was allow for every stage to allow a start and finish point for the stealth requirement trophy. Then start the end of level boss as a seperate stat section.

Only a few trophies left to get now.

Just got Thortan Inc and again the trophy description is written wrong. I had never gotten it earlier simply because I never joined Halbech, but the trophy only asks you to be liked by your enemies.

All thats left is hardcore, no romance and kill every enemy which I will get in my next playthrough. As well as stealth 3 missions and the Marburg and Heck trophies.

I must admit, the amount of alternate endings is very impressive.

Surprise surprise. Another missed guided trophy.

Have Steven Heck at -6 animosity and no trophy popped. I then find out that you not allowed to do Taipai first.

I can understand the game having bugs. But come on Obsidian, you can't even write out the trophy discriptions properly? Please stop making games, leave it to the devs who know how.

You can't piss off Steven Heck when Taipei is your first mission, because if you also piss off Albatross and SIE after, then you won't have any handler during the last mission.

Also, it's a SECRET achievement, so it doesn't have a description saying everything. Deal with it.

Yeah I'll deal with it when I trade the piece of **** in. Seriously man. I've come across yet another **** up.

Turns out you can't just start Rome and do everything to piss Marburg off to fight him in the museum. No you have to go through the entire game using suave answers in order for him to hate you enough. In order to do this you have to look on the net to find out which spoils the story.

Nice work, Obsidian. You should become known as Obsolete, which is what will happen when you keep churning **** games out that had huge potential, or wrecking other series that were great till you got you hands on them.

KOTOR : Much loved game by millions until Obsidian were given a shot at and ruined it for everyone.

Fallout : Great games then Obsidian go an do a KOTOR on it.

Alpha Protocol : A game which could have over shadowed Mass Effect...If it was made by another dev team who actually knows how to make great games.

SEGA & Obsidian = Possibly the worst combination since two girls got hold of a cup.

Wait, what? Are you pissed off because of the SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS? Dude, they are ACHIEVEMENTS. They're for doing something SPECIAL, something HARD. If you're used to achievements like in Dragon Age 2, where you get one for watching introduction, then come on!

Turns out you can't just start Rome and do everything to piss Marburg off to fight him in the museum. No you have to go through the entire game using suave answers in order for him to hate you enough.

And that's incorrect. You have to have his dossier on 88% or more and reputation something about -7. You don't have to be suave the whole game.

I have 1000G in AP, it wasn't hard at all. It came all by itself, I wasn't even trying to max out this game.

Edited by Dabu

• 1 month later...