Dragon Age 2

Pidesco

in Vlad's case those were stakes, not fences (hence the "tzepesh" part, which presumably means "stake")

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

didn't the biowarians spend money on a language expert for da:o?

IIRC, said expert worked already on Jade Empire. But yes, I'm pretty sure they had some expert create the fantasy languages.

Yep, they had a linguist create the language of Tho fan. The language is not real though, with the supposed on screen translations being pre-rendered dialog.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

they should have spent that money hiring a level designer instead.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

they should have spent that money hiring a level designer instead.

They did hire some developers even from Obsidian.

Tony Evans' Dragon Age II has a nice ring, doesn't it? :lol:

Ex-Obsidian employees have been secretly infiltrated and hijacked Bioware.

Well done, Fergie.

xDDDDDDDD

With the fence-sitting around this game it's like visiting a Vlad Țepeș fan convention.

is not "fence-sitting" for Gromnir. we is using the primary definition o' ambivalent: we has conflicting opinions 'bout da2. is some things that da2 did well. is some things 'bout da2 that is irredeemable. is not that we cannot decide or choose, but rather that we is surprised by the degree that da2 is good And bad.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

With the fence-sitting around this game it's like visiting a Vlad Țepeș fan convention.

is not "fence-sitting" for Gromnir. we is using the primary definition o' ambivalent: we has conflicting opinions 'bout da2. is some things that da2 did well. is some things 'bout da2 that is irredeemable. is not that we cannot decide or choose, but rather that we is surprised by the degree that da2 is good And bad.

HA! Good Fun!

Obviously you're not fence-impaling since you actually tried the game out and formulated an opinion.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think I was on the fence so long my arse slid naturally into "won't-bother" mode. Reading an LP of it and nothing I see makes me wish I played it, really.

Another entertaining example of how different people are. I wouldn't dream of watching an LP of a game I haven't played, nor would I spend weeks wondering about whether to pick up a game or not. Almost all of my game purchases are impulse buys after a fashion (even the preorder ones, like LA Noire yesterday), in a lot of ways gaming and talking about gaming are seriously disconnected to me. Kind of like if you can't stop thinking about family & marriage law whenever you are in a relationship, you might as well stay home.

I really should stop posting while I'm working, I either make unfounded accusations or no sense. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

HA! Good Fun!

I have finished the game a month ago or so. And I completely agree with your position: it's really difficult to find a game that do some things so well as DA2 and other so badly. I'm ambivalent too and I can't make my mind about it once and for all. But wait to play act. 3. That could really influence your opinion of the game (I don't want to spoil or influence your opinion, but I mean that act. 3 could influence your opinion in the negative sense off course).

In general, it seems to me that DA2 would have been a great game with another year of development to change/refine the things that do not work as intended, that are plain bad or that simply fail to deliver. Because the bad ideas/feature of the game, are so bad that's impossible that it's what they wanted to make or at least I hope so. But judging the game for what it is, the negative are more than the positive at the end. At the same time, there's so much wasted potential that it makes me really sad. It could have been eassily Bioware best game since BG2 (yep, better than ME2).

PS: It's fun. Now that the game is out and that the interweb masses are attacking it for whatever reason, one of the few place where you can read senstive, intelligent and open minded criticism/appreciation are the Obsidian boards that were pretty anti-DA2 pre-release. You snob!

Edited by meomao

Thread ran out of Awesome. Press A

:x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein