Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragon Age 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
568 replies to this topic

Slowtrain

Slowtrain

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5295 posts

an "epic" game promises to make you feel really important, the individual upon whom the lives of nearly everyone you meet depend.

well, that would explain the bisexual foursomes, then.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4945 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
*sigh*

ok, we didn't think this were necessary, but following the release o' bg2, EVERY game bio has released has been described as "epic" by bio and publishers and game magazines. and some groups o' fans has complained 'bout the use o' "epic" each and every time it has shown up on websites or in print. tedium.

epic refers to a specific kinda long, narrative poem. it may also refer to any work, fiction or otherwise, that elicits comparison to epic poems. additionally, epic may refer to size... really big = epic.

*shrug*

finally, epic may refer to scope... heroic. grandeur o' scope. heroic characters, acting heroically on a heroic scale. now, say what you will 'bout the quality, length or included poetry o' bio games, but there ain't no viable argument that biowarian games is other than steeped and stinkin' with heroism-- heroic characters, with heroic qualities, acting heroic as they saves the nation/world/galaxy.

is it silly how frequent the biowarians and publishers utilize epic? yeah, but is clear accurate. be warned, for beyond this place, there be heroes.

HA! Good Fun!

Slowtrain

Slowtrain

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5295 posts
epic foursomes?

Maria Caliban

Maria Caliban

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3945 posts
Inventory unlocker for the demo.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3576 posts
Man this game is going to suck

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4945 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

but will it be epic suckage?

HA! Good Fun!

Azure79

Azure79

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1532 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Thanks for those files Maria.

I tried nightmare with a 2 handed warrior, and it was pretty good. I wasn't expecting melee AOE attacks to have friendly fire but I found it refreshing. I had to be careful in positioning my fighters and make sure they weren't getting in the way of each other. Aveline in the center with Hawke and Bro on the flanks worked well. I also noticed that sword and board could also inflict damage to multiple opponents with their default attack if the animation passed over multiple enemies. Aveline was doing her stabby move and two enemies happened to line up together. They both were damaged and eventually fell.

Overall it wasn't noticeably more difficult than normal. Just positioning, timing and cross class combos were more important and I had to pay more attention. I didn't get the feeling that the enemy HP had been artifically inflated. I enjoyed it over normal a lot.

Edited by Azure79, 01 March 2011 - 11:33 PM.

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5622 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Just note that according to the devs the Nightmare difficulty still wasn't tuned at the time of the demo.

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6363 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

but will it be epic suckage?

HA! Good Fun!

Or dark, epic suckage.

Slinky

Slinky

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2176 posts
  • Backer

The console has autoattack.

It has? Didn't notice where you could put it on.

Though I tested the demo on 360 just to see the dark and epic combat system, where every push of button does something awesome.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Heh, one thing I did notice when you unlock the character creation side..

If you don't want to import your saves from DA:O, they actually provide several different optional "world histories" you can choose from (with notes highlighting the key differences) such as king / queen / joint rule, if the main character died killing the archdemon or not.. all of that. So that's a step up from ME2's "everything is renegade" style of automatic play.

Of course, it's probably because it's just the demo (and a fan-mod unlocker for character creation) but I also noted when I ran through the "import save" that while it tells you all the key plot points of your save.. it identified half of them as wrong for my saves... :sorcerer:

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5622 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Of course, it's probably because it's just the demo (and a fan-mod unlocker for character creation) but I also noted when I ran through the "import save" that while it tells you all the key plot points of your save.. it identified half of them as wrong for my saves... :)

Same for me. Apparently Loghain killed the Archdemon valiantly... with Alistair as king. And Anora thrown in prison. Yay! :sorcerer:

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2369 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The only way to roll is being a human noble and marrying Anora and then putting her in place in the bedroom. AAAAAW YEAH!

Bos_hybrid

Bos_hybrid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2156 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Cheers.

Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 841 posts
As long as there's epic cleavage, I'm happy.

Edited by Tel Aviv, 02 March 2011 - 05:57 AM.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2229 posts
  • Silver Backer

Rick's been busy again, i see. We'll probably have some kind of save editor soon after release too xD

edit: hawke's a hairless monkey :sorcerer: :/ Posted Image

Edited by Majek, 02 March 2011 - 06:19 AM.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16274 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"Overall it wasn't noticeably more difficult than normal. Just positioning, timing and cross class combos were more important and I had to pay more attention."

From your description, that seems noticabley more difficult.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3853 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

As long as there's epic cleavage, I'm happy.

Dark, epic cleavage. Amirite?

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7036 posts

Dark, epic cleavage.

That reminds me, if you create a black Hawke, will your entire family be black or will Hawke be adopted again?

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9565 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Dark, epic cleavage.

That reminds me, if you create a black Hawke, will your entire family be black or will Hawke be adopted again?

The family will be black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users