no XP on local co-op?

I have a question for Diablo 2 players, if there are some here on the boards : what is the maximum level in that game, what is the maximum score you can put in one ability, and at which theoretical level can you max absolutely everything out?

I have a question for Diablo 2 players, if there are some here on the boards : what is the maximum level in that game, what is the maximum score you can put in one ability, and at which theoretical level can you max absolutely everything out?

I believe the maximum level is 99... but I'm not 100% sure on that.

As far as I know, there isn't a limit on how many points you can put into an ability score. Skills, however, can have a maximum of 20 points put into them.

You cannot max everything out in that game... The game is all about specialization. With the newest patch, however, they allowed character rerolling if you aren't happy with the way your build has turned out.

If you want a more advanced Diablo 2 with more options, then I suggest you get the Eastern Sun mod for it. =)

Thank you, but I don't ask in order to better play Diablo 2 (I tried, didn't like it) :( . I want to have a basic understanding of how the character system works, because I think some people are expecting a similar experience from DS3, and I believe it's a sure road to disappointment. Particularly, some people were talking about "endgame" stuff. How can that work when DS3's character system will lead all players to have the exact same character by level 90 (and all talents by level 50)?

Thank you, but I don't ask in order to better play Diablo 2 (I tried, didn't like it) :) . I want to have a basic understanding of how the character system works, because I think some people are expecting a similar experience from DS3, and I believe it's a sure road to disappointment. Particularly, some people were talking about "endgame" stuff. How can that work when DS3's character system will lead all players to have the exact same character by level 90 (and all talents by level 50)?

Eh...Diablo 2 is a game designed for min/maxers like me, heh. ;)

I have heard a lot of comparisons between this game and Diablo 2 also, and I would agree with you. That being said, however, you can't max EVERYTHING on one character as far as I know. Each skill has 2 branches, with 5 possible points for each branch... You can only place 5 points in for each skill, so you can specialize in one branch, or split your 5 points between the 2 branches... This is what I've gathered at least. I also understand that there are a lot of different combinations for equipment... Hopefully customization for characters can be seen in there as well.

Thank you, but I don't ask in order to better play Diablo 2 (I tried, didn't like it) :lol: . I want to have a basic understanding of how the character system works, because I think some people are expecting a similar experience from DS3, and I believe it's a sure road to disappointment. Particularly, some people were talking about "endgame" stuff. How can that work when DS3's character system will lead all players to have the exact same character by level 90 (and all talents by level 50)?

Players may have the same character levelled up largely the same way (but only to 30 not 90 I'm sure). On present info though they can't play the same character together. There can only be 1 Luke, 1 Angel, 1 Cat and 1 Alchemist in any game. IF another mode is announced maybe something will be different but at this stage it's a moot point.

• 1 month later...

Well, It would be a lot cooler if we had the option of a game mode somewhat less focused on story (read: Not fixed to a single set of characters && no two characters of the same type), and more on the adventuring aspect, which would be somewhat less focused on fluff and more on crunch. Traditional character classes would be welcome, (Read:CLERIC OR DRUID[zilla]) sidekick system and scaling monsters would be implemented. It would work in the way described below:

1: When you join a game, you can join with your own character you created in the character creation, and would be either lowered down to the Host player's level, or if the host is higher level than you, boosted by a sidekick system, so you could chose your crunchy bits above your current level, or if you felt like, completely rebuild your character's skills and stuff from level zero.

2: When you play such a multiplayer game, the experience your character gained would be retained.

/a:Experience works as: You gain 100 experience from mobs on the same level. +-10%/level difference, so powerleveling is out of the question!

/b:After you log out of the multiplayer session you joined into, the gained experience gets added to your experience pool, and you get to level up your own character, for the games you are going to host.

3: Loot: You can retain loot, though high-level items will be toned down to your new level. This toning is done AFTER the gained experience is added to your character.

/a There is no uber-ultra-super rare loot. There are only maximum-ability weapons, which are easily attainable without grind(See a weaponsmith), and modifiers that are gained from Reward Tokens which are dropped for everyone in the party. (no NPC henchies).

4: This should, in any case, not affect adventure single player. There is also no need to point out that original Obsi single player should be completely unaffected.

5: Parties!!!!!!!! Well, I'll talk about them a little bit later.

• 2 weeks later...