STEAM!

Rosbjerg

Why isn't Clear Sky ever part of the STALKER bundles?

It was published by Deep Silver while the others were done by THQ. What's stopping Valve from getting them to work together I don't know, but that's the cited reason that CS isn't in the bundle.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Also because Clear Sky sucks.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

THQ did not publish CoP, it was (IIRC) bitComposer primarily; outside the CIS where GSC did their own publishing. Most probable reason for the bundling is that CoP has a Loyalty Edition which is cheaper and requires one or the other Stalkers anyway, and presumably Deep Silver doesn't want CS bundled with the others for some reason.

Edited by Zoraptor

Well my total for this sale was the GTA IV Complete Bundle, Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Iron Grip: Warlord, Shattered Union, and P. B. Winterbottom. I thought about getting Mafia II and a couple other things but decided to end with GTA IV (even though the total download with be about 32Gb it should be plenty of hours of play).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well my total for this sale was the GTA IV Complete Bundle, Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Iron Grip: Warlord, Shattered Union, and P. B. Winterbottom. I thought about getting Mafia II and a couple other things but decided to end with GTA IV (even though the total download with be about 32Gb it should be plenty of hours of play).

I envy you on your first playthrough of GTA IV and add-ons. Masterpieces! :ermm:

Oh, and the PC version has the ability to add your own music to the game on a special radio station. Its pretty funny as the DJ of the station mocks your music between tracks.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Where did all the GTA IV love come from? Last I checked it was a horrible port with a ton of technical issues and bad controls combined with a story that's so overrated it's not even funny, not to mention the clunky switches between slapstick and drama.

EDIT: This all goes for the main game, I don't know anything about the add-ons.

Edited by Purkake

It ran ok enough on my system, and the controls, although not great are leagues above NWN2's of which I'm trying to play right now but I'm not sure if I can really get into it. But yeah, GTA IV got boring very very quickly to me. I'm bored of Rockstar's approach to gaming altogether.

I loved Vice City, I loved San Andreas, but I could barely get through GTA4. The controls are indeed very sluggish and combat is clunky, especially when you try to use the slow and awkward cover system. The biggest problem (for me) with GTA4 though is that they've lost that fun feeling of the previous games. In Vice City you had the hidden packages (which were awesome) and real estate and car collecting. In San Andreas you had.. well, everything (too much to name). In GTA4 you had.. a story and an empty world with sluggish cars. From being the best open world games in Vice City and San Andreas, they went to the very opposite: when you feel like the game would have been much better without the open world.

Rockstar have been the masters of the open world genre for a long time. All their games have been virtual playgrounds with so much to do, see and play with that vast distances never felt boring. Do you know anyone who thought driving from mission to mission in GTA4 was fun? Or doing those 10 races they so generously offered? Or went out into the world of GTA4 just to mess around a bit? Did anyone think it was fun trying to find 200 ****ing pigeons in a town the size of New York?

I really hope Rockstar goes back to Vice City/San Andreas before their next GTA game, and maybe they'll remember to bring the fun back.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Where did all the GTA IV love come from? Last I checked it was a horrible port with a ton of technical issues and bad controls combined with a story that's so overrated it's not even funny, not to mention the clunky switches between slapstick and drama.

EDIT: This all goes for the main game, I don't know anything about the add-ons.

Agree on the latter part, and have to say that the PS3 version at least wasn't that hot either (IIRC either the camera angle or the draw distance kept getting to me. Thankfully I've managed to forget which). The only game I've started playing in the past 5 years and not finished. (In fact, along with Dark Corners of the Earth, which was a hardware issue, one of two for the past 10 years.) :shifty:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ballad of Gay Tony would be my game of the year 2010 - but unfortunately it was already released for Xbox360 in 2009. Well, actually Red Dead Redemption would have been my 2010 GotY.. no wait, it's not even released at all for the PC.

Vice City, San Andreas and GTA4 are all about equally good. Lost and Damned is not as good as 'em and Ballad of Gay Tony is the greatest so far. My ideal GTA game would be - GTA4 physics and driving model, scale and stat mechanics of the San Andreas and world, era and humor of the Vice City.

Edited by Niten_Ryu

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

i didn't really like gta 4.

I loved red dead redemption though

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

GTA4 physics and driving model

...infused with the bat**** insanity of Saint's Row 2. That's what the world needs.

I never played any of the taxi or ambulance side mission type stuff in the older GTA games, and car modification in SA was mostly pointless, so I didn't miss that stuff in GTAIV. The Saint's Row games did the extra stuff so much better than GTA anyway. RDR is the only Rockstar open world game I ever achieved 100% in.

...infused with the bat**** insanity of Saint's Row 2. That's what the world needs.

I never played any of the taxi or ambulance side mission type stuff in the older GTA games, and car modification in SA was mostly pointless, so I didn't miss that stuff in GTAIV. The Saint's Row games did the extra stuff so much better than GTA anyway. RDR is the only Rockstar open world game I ever achieved 100% in.

Really? Lamborghini clone, plus hydraulics, plus afterburners, plus offroad tires. Comedy effective escape vehicle of the game.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Really? Lamborghini clone, plus hydraulics, plus afterburners, plus offroad tires. Comedy effective escape vehicle of the game.

In SA once you lost your modded car it was gone for good. In SR when your car was destroyed you just go to a mechanic or your garage (or parking spot in SR2), hand over some cash and you've got your car back. You get to enjoy your sweet pimped out ride for the whole damn game.

Edited by Hell Kitty