Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rome Boss Difficulties

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Maria Caliban

Maria Caliban

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3945 posts
Greetings and salutations,

I've finally gotten around to playing AP. For my first run-through, I'm a Recruit and have specialized in Stealth, Pistols, and Sabotage. I'm doing Rome first and I decided to defuse the bombs at the museum. Now I'm fighting Conrad and he's kicking my butt. I can kill his goons easily, but this guy is ridiculously strong. Grenades, AK, clearshot everything I have and I can barely even touch his health while his kung-f00 eats through my armor and health.

What to do?

PS: Please no spoilers.

Edited by Maria Caliban, 06 December 2010 - 11:41 PM.

Sannom

Sannom

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Backer
What's your level in your main skills? You could try to wear him down first by planting a shock trap/flashbang near him while invisible thanks to Shadow Operative. Of course, use Overclock before setting the trap for maximum efficiency. Then, Chain Shot him, and run for your life. Trying to set traps near your location could be useful too.

Of course, the best advice I could give you is that Rome is perhaps not the best choice for starting the game, especially in Recruit. But it's obviously too late for that.

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4080 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Best Advice: Go to another hub and level up. You can change them on the mission map by going back.

Maria Caliban

Maria Caliban

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3945 posts
You can do that? I guess he won't be planting that bomb any time soon then!

What's your level in your main skills? You could try to wear him down first by planting a shock trap/flashbang near him while invisible thanks to Shadow Operative. Of course, use Overclock before setting the trap for maximum efficiency. Then, Chain Shot him, and run for your life. Trying to set traps near your location could be useful too.

Of course, the best advice I could give you is that Rome is perhaps not the best choice for starting the game, especially in Recruit. But it's obviously too late for that.

Thank you. I tried this and managed to do much better though I still didn't win. I'm going to level up a bit more in Moscow, stock up on grenades, and try again.

Sannom

Sannom

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Backer

Thank you. I tried this and managed to do much better though I still didn't win. I'm going to level up a bit more in Moscow, stock up on grenades, and try again.

One of my strategies worked for someone else! Huray >_< ! And you're welcome :) .

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1876 posts
After many tries he finally glitched out and was just standing with his back to me. I threw a couple of grenades and then chain shotted him as he attacked, that was the only way I managed to do it.

Crazy Tuvok

Crazy Tuvok

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 45 posts
With sufficient stealth and some flash bangs he isn't too bad. Chain shot him (or whatever your wep of choice is) and either plant flash bangs were you *will* be going - he follows, gets blinded you stealth out to get away then hide out of sight and wait for chain to recharge. Rinse and repeat. It will take a while but that's how I beat him with the same build and I went to Rome first.

HtH with him is a bear - his dossier I don't think mentions it but he is pretty bad ass in a fistfight.

Karl the Unfettered

Karl the Unfettered

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 84 posts
Max out Martial Arts and Conrad is a bad joke; beat up his men so he gets mad and rushes you, then turn on Fury and lay the smackdown. Deng is easy too, though I like to hide behind a pillar and screw with the sound generator to keep him at the opposite end of the hall while I'm listening to Sung's speech (there's a perk for listening to the whole thing).

Brayko is still a beast though... Melee Defense really helps when dealing with him (at the highest level of that his coke-fueled knife rampage barely did anything to my health), and you have to be careful when you rush in to put your boot in his face, but still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users