Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best free software firewall ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3515 posts
I'm looking for something with a little more functionality than windows firewall.

It's not important enough to me that I would actually pay for all the frills though. I'm looking but so far it's been all lies, not actually free, 30 day trials etc.

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6086 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Zonealarm is the one I've used recently. It works well enough.

Comodo is also good.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I also like Comodo

Masterfade

Masterfade

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 188 posts
I was using ZoneAlarm before I decided the Windows Firewall coupled with a router is all I really need.

TheHarlequin

TheHarlequin

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts

I'm looking for something with a little more functionality than windows firewall.

It's not important enough to me that I would actually pay for all the frills though. I'm looking but so far it's been all lies, not actually free, 30 day trials etc.

Are you worried about something out coming in or something in getting out?

If you have a router between your box and modem you don't need to have a s/w firewall as in pertains to anything out coming in. As the router firewall will block everything anyways. Now if you want to know whats in going out that's another story and a s/w firewall is useful on that level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users