Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

STEVEN HECK IS A GOD

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

taviow

taviow

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
STEVEN HECK IS A GOD AMONG MEN.

Thoughts?
  • Troller likes this

Alvin Nelson

Alvin Nelson

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 469 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Spiffer2021
agreed.

Jackalmonkey

Jackalmonkey

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
There have been many Minscs in the short history of CRPGs, but Steven Heck is the greatest Minsc to ever Minsc while Minscing Minscily for all to Minsc. Minsc minsc minsc.

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5619 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

There have been many Minscs in the short history of CRPGs, but Steven Heck is the greatest Minsc to ever Minsc while Minscing Minscily for all to Minsc. Minsc minsc minsc.

I don't honestly see the connection with Minsc, except they both provide comic relief. :ermm:

Sannom

Sannom

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Backer
They don't just provide comic relief, they "are" the comic relief :ermm: And of the same kind, too : pure, undiluted craziness with a preference for big weapons, reliance on pure instinct instead of reason, a tendency to ramble incoherent and stupid things, they both love to hype themselves up (Minsc's "Stand aside evil, HERO coming through!" and Heck's strong opinion of himself as a secret agent), etc.I think I can understand why people would liken Heck to Minsc :)

Edited by Sannom, 13 July 2010 - 08:15 AM.

mr insomniac

mr insomniac

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 982 posts
  • Backer
Except that Minsc never did anything remotely as cool as attaching a chaingun to the top of a subway train to give you backup.

Sannom

Sannom

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Backer

Except that Minsc never did anything remotely as cool as attaching a chaingun to the top of a subway train to give you backup.

He did get out of a cell with no lock >_< Not to mention getting the party arrested and sent to an asylum (which was the plan all along) by just being himself. Also, having a hamster as his animal companion. Confusing a genie with his complete incomprehension of an enigm counts too.

Thorton_AP

Thorton_AP

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1142 posts
To me Minsc was dumb. Good hearted, entertaining, but still just not very bright.

Steven Heck doesn't strike me as a dumb person. Just a psychotic one.

Estelindis

Estelindis

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts
Based on some of the things I read on the forum before I played the game, I was a bit dubious about Heck when I started off... But, in-game, he was pure, unadulterated funny. Brilliant character.

Shrimp Flavored Chips

Shrimp Flavored Chips

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
I love Stephen Heck. Aside from all the things he says to Mike, his little asides ("Not like Wen, no sir, not like Wen at all." or "Crazy commie broad!") to himself are fantastic.

Oblarg

Oblarg

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 878 posts
There must be a DLC related to Operation: YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Karl the Unfettered

Karl the Unfettered

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 84 posts

There must be a DLC related to Operation: YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Hell yes. Or rather, Heck yes. *shot*

They should just make like a subgame or whatever where Steven is the PC and you get to control him around Taipei. That would be all kinds of awesome.

Sannom

Sannom

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Backer
Where, instead of the suave/professional/agressive choice, we would have the choice between Crazy Awesome, Ax Crazy or Obfuscating Stupidity :lol:

Sannom

Sannom

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Backer
Alternative theory to the above, some people believes he might be a Malkavian... who can walk in broad daylight... through the power of crazy :brows:?

Edited by Sannom, 25 September 2010 - 12:14 PM.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2317 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Replaying the game has aggressive Mike is kinda funny when you encounter Heck. Poor Mike just doesn't have the patience for it...

"Are you clinically unable to get to the point?" :skeptical:

Llyranor

Llyranor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6800 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Gabrielle
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Like a floppy.

Jorian Drake

Jorian Drake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2562 posts
ah nostalgy, how good you are

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2317 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Just finished a replay of the game and Heck blowing Scarlet away with his shotgun near the end was some ace stuff. :)

Heck, a god among men indeed.

Bos_hybrid

Bos_hybrid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2142 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Just finished a replay of the game and Heck blowing Scarlet away with his shotgun near the end was some ace stuff. :(

Heck, a god among men indeed.

What?

Was that because Mike's approval was low with Scarlet
Spoiler
or because Heck didn't like Mike?

Edited by Bos_hybrid, 11 January 2011 - 10:30 PM.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2317 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think that scene can trigger if you don't visit Scarlet in her little room in the final mission but not 100% sure on it. And you have to have Heck as your handler (so no saving Mina I suppose since she overwrites your handler) Either way, it was beautiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users