Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unlock all Skills to pick and choose?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Acleacius

Acleacius

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 42 posts
Has anyone found a way to Unlock all the Skills to 15 so we can actually pick and level what we want? As an example 4 skills to level 12.

Thanks. :p

JamieKirby

JamieKirby

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 640 posts

Has anyone found a way to Unlock all the Skills to 15 so we can actually pick and level what we want? As an example 4 skills to level 12.

Thanks. :facepalm:

I know how to do that, but i do not know if its allowed to be posted.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2885 posts

Thanks. :facepalm:

There is a modding thread so I'm pretty sure that it's allowed. I'm also interested to know.

Acleacius

Acleacius

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 42 posts

Hehe, why would you think it's not allowed? :facepalm:

DeusExLibris

DeusExLibris

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts

Thanks. :p

Have a look at APLevelChart.ini... it's pretty self-explanatory
(it's in Documents\Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config - make a back-up first!)

Acleacius

Acleacius

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 42 posts
Nah, DeusExLibris that doesn't work you can unlock everything up to 10, which you use at any time but if you try to change them to 15 it has no effect on selecting in game. As you mentioned this would be an obvious thing to try and afaik everyone has. o:)

I did find a pita way about doing it though, but you once you set it you can't ever use the Upgrade System again. So basically your stuck with having to set everything to Max, then never spend anymore points, which sort of defeats the purpose and is more of a cheat.

JamieKirby

JamieKirby

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 640 posts
Well, you go to where all the ini files are, like the one described above and edit APUI.ini

While in the file, search for 'SpecializationSelectionManager' and you will see 2 numbers on the next few lines down, the first one is minimum specializations (default) and the one down says maximum specializations, you could set that to 9 and choose whichever, but this only takes affect when you finish Saudi Arabia.

It can't be done before that, not that i can see, i don't see why you would want this anyway, since you get a total of 200 ap from levelling, some from perks and 31 from the classes, which equals to 231 (excluding perk gained ap) which is not enough to max 3 specializations, 5 ranks of stealth and 2 ranks of Sabotage.

Well, ok, it depends on which specializations you want, for example, you can get: Assault Rifles, Sabotage and Technical Aptitude to 15 and have 38ap spare.

The only class that has without a doubt enough ap for several specializations, it would be Veteran, but remember, the more ap you have or have spent, the more harder the minigames become. (which i think it really stupid, but hey, i personally would have just had different difficulty minigames instead of a unstable scaling version.

Acleacius

Acleacius

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 42 posts
Thanks JamieKirby :rolleyes:

It wasn't intended to Max more than 3 Skills, example was to get 4 Skills to level 12 and as you point out some of the low level Skills are much cheaper.

Personally I only use the Pistol, one thing that's frustrating is when I don't carry a second weapon, it doesn't give me more room for ammo.

I wanted to try to make the Assault Rifle use Tranquilizers (actually might be kinda cool if all weapons had the choice) but not sure it's possible without getting an editor.

Scarvet

Scarvet

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts

I wanted to try to make the Assault Rifle use Tranquilizers (actually might be kinda cool if all weapons had the choice) but not sure it's possible without getting an editor.

I am actually think about Rubber buckshot or Riot Rounds. Sleeping gas would be good as well

Acleacius

Acleacius

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 42 posts
Damn it didn't work JamieKirby. :ermm:

I have a Save at the Greece safehouse, I as soon as I picked the 4th Skill the other 3 Skills and points I spent in them cleared/disappeared.

Has anyone had any success yet trying to unlock a 4th Skill?

Scarvet I agree those would be great fun, would give Stealth players a reason to use something other than the Pistol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users