Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do I need AR tree to beat Barkyo?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Scarvet

Scarvet

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts
I only start playing yesterday....and I go for Stealth/Hack/Tech without any research....

I figure out in the later Moscow mission that Stealth can actually get me to every where and not all the bosses can be beat by melee like MGS (well, most humanoid that isn't doesn't have hyper regen).

Anyways, DO I really need to invest in AR tree? Or is there other good alternatives people didn't post?

Another question, I am working to get close to SIE, is okay to go to Taipei and Rome to level up? I read something that hint you may have to fight her, I wonder if I need to clear Moscow first......

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5619 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
A stealth build without Pistol? Seems.. well.. ok.
I think you can beat him through a combination of gadgets (when the fight begins) and melee (second phase of the fight), but I personally never tried.
Hopefully, someone with more playthroughs on his belt can give you some tips.

thufirhawat333

thufirhawat333

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts
Plan B: Kill it with fire!

player1

player1

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 257 posts
In my stealth playthrough I killed him with SMGa (4 points) in combination with basic chain shot (3 points).

It was a bit tougher then my earlier playthroughs where I had higher level in weapons skills, and lots of points in Toughness (this time I only had 3 points, for +50hp).

Why 4/3 SMG/Pistol build?
3 pistol levels give chainshot, and exempt stealth criticals and chain shot, it is not used for combat.

4 SMG levels for +3dmg bonus. It matters a lot since SMGs deal on average 10dmg, so +3 is around +30% bonus.

I also took all points in tech, in order to get 45s cooldown Brilliance. Using chainshot/shadow operative more often is better then first maximizing those skill trees. Still, I didn't had that skill when I fought Barkyo.

Edited by player1, 14 June 2010 - 06:28 AM.

Vahkn

Vahkn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
easiest ways to kill him:

1. pistol chainshot (so easy it feels like cheating)
2. martial arts (as he's going to charge you anyway...)
3. AR (swiss army knife... above average for pretty much every task which involves killing something)

Same order applies for pretty much every boss in the game

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2287 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

3. AR (swiss army knife... above average for pretty much every task which involves killing something)

You've got to have some serious investment in martial arts for #2 to work, though. I did Moscow last and had about 10 ranks in it, but Brayko was wearing out my health a lot more quickly than I was his when we went toe-to-toe, even with Fury active. Middling gun skills can bring him down from a distance with smart play; middling melee skills will get you killed if you try it.

Vahkn

Vahkn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts

You've got to have some serious investment in martial arts for #2 to work, though. I did Moscow last and had about 10 ranks in it, but Brayko was wearing out my health a lot more quickly than I was his when we went toe-to-toe, even with Fury active. Middling gun skills can bring him down from a distance with smart play; middling melee skills will get you killed if you try it.

Fair point. I did a playthrough using just martial arts so it was maxed, I also had toughness maxed in that game thinking about it. The two together made every boss fairly trivial, but as you say a few points in it wont do you much good.

Scarvet

Scarvet

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts

Thanks for all the reply everyone.

I guess this answer my 2nd question, so I can head off to Rome/Taipei and come back for SIE (since she wouldn't be there if I didn't go in).

Any comment for SIE route?

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2287 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
If you're asking whether re-loading your last safehouse save and doing missions at another hub will impact the hostage situation at Braykos, the anwer is no. The leader of your allies will still get captured, and you'll still be presented with the opportunity to rescue them.

Scarvet

Scarvet

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts

If you're asking whether re-loading your last safehouse save and doing missions at another hub will impact the hostage situation at Braykos, the anwer is no. The leader of your allies will still get captured, and you'll still be presented with the opportunity to rescue them.

Right, and I guess my all for that mission is determined after I meet Sergei, correct?

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4944 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ally?

Then... yes.

Scarvet

Scarvet

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts

Ally?

Then... yes.

You are replying to my post right?

I give it another 5 minute ago, came so close of beating him. He pulls out his knife and kill me on last gain of health >.<

But yeah, it seems Brayko in my situation just doesn't take much damage from gadgets.

So Chainshot VS AR, or do I just need basic chainshot and the rest AR (after Brilliants?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users