Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Judge, Jury and Executioner

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Lord Maim

Lord Maim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
I've finished AP five times now, four of which were dedicated to getting this Achievement/Trophy without success. The requirement reads "Let your gun do the talking," but that's marvellously undescriptive. Some have taken it to mean that you have to use the "Execute" command every time it comes up, but that doesn't seem to be successful for everyone. After slaughtering virtually every major character in the game, I have not yet unlocked this.

The deathtoll sits at:
Nasri
Shaheed
Sis
Albatross
Brayko
Championchik
Surkhov
NSA Agent at Gelato Shop
Jibril Al-Bara
Conrad Marburg
Deng
Mina
Parker
Darcy
Westburg
Leland

Are there other requirements that have to be met for this? For the sake of argument, I've already tried sparing Deng and Executing Scarlet instead with no luck. Can someone give me more information on the exact requirements for this?

thufirhawat333

thufirhawat333

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts
Depends.
It may have something to do with siding with Leland (if he likes you, he offers you to join Halbech) and executing Mina.
(The deathtoll phrase doesn't explain if you just let her die with the explosion or intentionally executed her).
I just ask because there was a perk (Trail of bodies, or something like this) which I got only when executed Mina by the orders of Leland. I think it's linked to the achievement/trophy but as that playthrough occured when I made the review (hence the review copy on the PC), I can't check it out. But it worths a try, I think.
Sorry that I can't give more exact information.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8778 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think it might have to do with using the execute option quickly - i.e. choosing it beefore you try and talk to Shaheed or Sis. If it's like other similar perks on PC, then it'll work by you choosing that option 2-3 times and cutting them short, not necessarily doing it for the entire game.

Lord Maim

Lord Maim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

Depends.
It may have something to do with siding with Leland (if he likes you, he offers you to join Halbech) and executing Mina.

Yes, the only way to "Execute" Mina is to side with Leland. I did, and no luck. By the way, when I say "deathtoll" I'm speaking of people that I've personally killed.

I think it might have to do with using the execute option quickly - i.e. choosing it beefore you try and talk to Shaheed or Sis.

I chose the Execute option immediately when it appeared, with the exception of Brayko who I went through one dialog choice to get the link to Surkov before executing him.

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Bad Instincts
yea i think like Tigranes , be mute like Sis and shoot! The key is don't talk . Maybe the gelatto guy count too. Or you need attack Sie in the train yard and Scarlet at the end if you don't join Leland.

Edited by Alpha, 08 June 2010 - 06:45 PM.

Lord Maim

Lord Maim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

yea i think like Tigranes , be mute like Sis and shoot! The key is don't talk . Maybe the gelatto guy count too. Or you need attack Sie in the train yard and Scarlet at the end if you don't join Leland.

The Gelato guy is in the list, and I did attack Sie in the train yard however you can't kill her there. The only way to execute her is to have sided with VCI over G22, then you can kill her in the assault on Brayko's mansion. However in that case, you can't kill Albatross.

Also, the only way I've found to trigger the execute option for Scarlet is with Deng's PDA data, which you only get if you spare Deng. I've tried it both ways without success.

Edited by Lord Maim, 08 June 2010 - 06:56 PM.

Fallen Ghost

Fallen Ghost

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 125 posts
I just got this achievement's opposite....ask questions first shoot later....after unlocking its description changed to "When talking at gunpoint you never pulled the trigger" so I think it only involves occasions when you actually pull your gun out before first seeing the execute options.....which, if true, would exclude the ice cream guy and SIE.

Lord Maim

Lord Maim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

I just got this achievement's opposite....ask questions first shoot later....after unlocking its description changed to "When talking at gunpoint you never pulled the trigger" so I think it only involves occasions when you actually pull your gun out before first seeing the execute options.....which, if true, would exclude the ice cream guy and SIE.

Maybe, but that doesn't tell me what I'm missing. There must be another set of criteria that I'm missing, or a way to kill both Deng & Scarlet / SIE & Albatross.

Fallen Ghost

Fallen Ghost

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 125 posts

Maybe, but that doesn't tell me what I'm missing. There must be another set of criteria that I'm missing, or a way to kill both Deng & Scarlet / SIE & Albatross.

you can't kill both of either of those pairs.

I'm thinking that if you allied with Leland to kill Mina you may have defied the achievement's requirement by dealing with the enemy instead of.....letting your gun do the talking.

Edited by Fallen Ghost, 08 June 2010 - 07:56 PM.

Lord Maim

Lord Maim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

If that's the case, then I'm at a loss to figure out what it is that I'm missing. There are no other execute options available to me throughout the game, and unless there's a specific set of people to kill, I'm open to suggestions.

Lord Maim

Lord Maim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

I'm thinking that if you allied with Leland to kill Mina you may have defied the achievement's requirement by dealing with the enemy instead of.....letting your gun do the talking.

Except you don't have a gun in the interrogation room. Regardless, I tried both accepting/refusing Leland's offer and still no trophy.

Fallen Ghost

Fallen Ghost

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 125 posts
It may also be bugged....that's a possibility.

Lord Maim

Lord Maim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

It may also be bugged....that's a possibility.

True, but given the variability of the paths in this game, I'm more prone to think there's a particular set of criteria to meet. Some variation of who to piss off vs who to ally with, or the like.

Sir Ulrich Von Lichenstien

Sir Ulrich Von Lichenstien

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 56 posts

The Gelato guy is in the list, and I did attack Sie in the train yard however you can't kill her there. The only way to execute her is to have sided with VCI over G22, then you can kill her in the assault on Brayko's mansion. However in that case, you can't kill Albatross.

Also, the only way I've found to trigger the execute option for Scarlet is with Deng's PDA data, which you only get if you spare Deng. I've tried it both ways without success.

Scarlet is the one you are missing.

You can get her killed without the data. You just have to ensure you haven't heard that she is the assassin pre-leland fight.

I imagine you need to have Heck as your handler as well to ensure you can kill all the others seeing as he is the only unkillable person other than whomever you don't choose as your handler between SIE and Albatross in Brayko's mission.

Basically when it comes to the cut-scene with Leland at the end, initially choose to spare him, at which point Scarlet will appear and shoot Thorton (flesh wound) then during the following conversation Heck should show up and you'll have option to have him shoot Scarlet, you can then execute Leland.

Piflik

Piflik

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts
There are certain conversations, where you have the option to 'Attack' before you even start talking...I think that is what the game is checking for...as soon as you have the option to 'Attack', do it, and you should get that achievement...

Lord Maim

Lord Maim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

There are certain conversations, where you have the option to 'Attack' before you even start talking...I think that is what the game is checking for...as soon as you have the option to 'Attack', do it, and you should get that achievement...

As I said previously, I've been doing just that. I believe that Sir Ulrich may have the answer. I'm testing it currently.

Fallen Ghost

Fallen Ghost

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 125 posts

As I said previously, I've been doing just that. I believe that Sir Ulrich may have the answer. I'm testing it currently.

I don't think the achievement includes optional encounters you can avoid altogether but be sure to let us know how that turns out anyway.

Piflik

Piflik

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts

I'm not talking about execute as soon as possible, but the Attack Comand that starts a Bossfight and skips the talking before that...example Brayco, Sie, Sis or Marburg (methinks)

Clumsyorchid

Clumsyorchid

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
I asked our internal producer about it because it sounded like a bug and they said there is a key step in this process that is required to get the achievement - you need to let Shahied live initially, then kill everyone else through dialogue. Hope this helps, keep us updated if you get the achievement!

kwokovich

kwokovich

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:kwokovich
Do you really have to kill Shaheed before the end game, although people have done it that way. I got the achievement to pop up this way:

Started Game: Freelancer (Doubt It Matters)
Difficulty: Easy (Doubt It Matters)

*Saudi

-Executed Nasri
-Executed Shaheed

*Rome

-Killed Gelato Shop Guy As Soon As Possible
-Killed No One Leading Up To Jibril Then Shot Jibril After He Was Identified
-Skipped CIA Listening Post
-Meet Conrad (Pissed Him Off)
-Met Madison (All Suave Options)
-Went To Warehouse
-Went To Ruins
-Slept With Madison
-Chose To Disarm Bombs (Killed Conrad As He Was So Annoyed)
Therefore Madison Died

*Moscow

-Visited Grigori (All Suave Options)
-Killed Sis As Soon As Possible
-Skipped Meeting SIE At Train Yard
-Took Albatross With Me On Embassy Mission
-Met With Surkov
-Killed Albatross As Soon As Possible Rather Than Saving Data
-Got Brayko To Tell Me About Surkov Then Killed Brayko (All Suave Options)
-Killed Surkov As Soon As Possible

*Taipei

-Visited Warehouse With G22
-Met With Hong
-Killed Triad Members
-Met With Hong Again
-Visited Heck Last (Aiming To Piss Him Off)
-Went To Hotel Didn't Erase Hecks Data (Massive Killing Spree To Any Mina)
-Went To Intercept Assassination Data (Massive Killing Spree To Any Mina)
-Choose To Help With Riots
-Executed Omeng Dang As Soon As Possible
-Therefore Sung Died

*Endgame

-Skipped Going To Cafe To Speak To Scarlet
-End Game With Heck [-8 Rep Heck] (Only Handler)
-Option With Leland "Forget It" [+5 Rep Leland] (All Suave Options Don't Think It Matters)
-Skipped Talking To Parker
-Went To Mina (Professional Options Until Last Moment) "Leave Her" Mina Died [-10 Rep Mina]
-Killed Parker
-Killed Darcy
-Leland Used Missle Launcher
-Spared Leland First, Scarlet Assassin Comes Out Shoots Me [-8 Rep Scarlet]
-No Option For Scarlet Heck Just Shoots Her Scarlet Dead
-I Now Get Option To Execute Leland Again "Execute" Leland Is Dead

Just thought I'd be helpful as I don't normally post on this forum and this achievement really was annoying!!!!

Other solutions are available here:

http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=234677

Edited by kwokovich, 09 June 2010 - 11:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users