Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modding Alpha Protocol

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Spydude

Spydude

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
MaxStaleCacheSize=512
MaxOverallCacheSize=1024

I was able to up these to 1024,2048. When I tried 2048,4096 it wouldn't load. I have the poolsize up to 4096 so far without crashing.

It appears levelling up can be modded as well as unlocking special skills. Only up to level 20 is possible.

APlevelchart.ini

LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=0,APGained=30,SkillCap=4,SpecialSkillCap=4)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=1500,APGained=10,SkillCap=5,SpecialSkillCap=7)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=3250,APGained=10,SkillCap=5,SpecialSkillCap=7)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=5000,APGained=10,SkillCap=5,SpecialSkillCap=7)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=7000,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=9000,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=11000,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=13000,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=15250,APGained=10,SkillCap=7,SpecialSkillCap=10)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=17500,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=19750,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=22000,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=24500,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=27000,APGained=10,SkillCap=9,SpecialSkillCap=13)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=29500,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=32000,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=34750,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=37500,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=40250,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=43000,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)
LevelChart=(MinXPNeeded=46000,APGained=10,SkillCap=10,SpecialSkillCap=15)

Here are the basic variables that can be edited for AI. I can't find which class for which enemy however.

APAIClasses.ini

(Health=100,ExtraHPPerSDL=15,NoiseLevelSuspiciousAt=8,NoiseLevelAlertAt=16,Visio
nDist_CalmNear=50,VisionDist_CalmFar=50,PeripheralVision_Calm=0.906307942794297,P
eripheralVision_CalmVertical=0.999048223189468,TimeSafeInCalmFar=10,VisionDist_Su
spiciousNear=10,VisionDist_SuspiciousFar=10,PeripheralVision_Suspicious=0.9961947
04516065,PeripheralVision_SuspiciousVertical=0.996194704516065,TimeSafeInSuspicio
usFar=5,VisionDist_AlertNear=10,VisionDist_AlertFar=10,PeripheralVision_Alert=0.9
96194704516065,PeripheralVision_AlertVertical=1,TimeSafeInAlertFar=0.75,TimeToVul
nerableToTakedown=10,TimeBeforeCanSearchForEnemy=20,TimeBeforeCanCooldownFromAler
t=20,FireDmgMult=1,ShockDmgMult=1,ExplosiveDmgMult=1,CQCDmgMult=1,StunTimeMult=1,
StunTimeAddition=1,HitHead_DReduction=0,HitTorso_DReduction=0,HitArm_DReduction=0
,HitHand_DReduction=0,HitLeg_DReduction=0,HitFoot_DReduction=0,HitDefault_DReduct
ion=0,HitExtraPerDiff_DReduction=0,DR_SKILL_ACTIVE_SLOW_MO=0,DR_SKILL_ACTIVE_BULL
ET_STORM=0,DR_SKILL_ACTIVE_ROOM_SWEEP=0,DR_SKILL_ACTIVE_OVERCLOCK=0,DR_SKILL_ACTI
VE_FURY=0,BlindFireChance=0.33,PeekChance=0.1,CoverOptEnemyDistMin=300,CoverOptEn
emyDistMax=500,FiringPointOptEnemyDistMin=150,FiringPointOptEnemyDistMax=500,Gren
adeThrowRange=1500,bHasGrenadeEvadeAbility=1,GrenadeEvadeRangePerc=0.13,GrenadeNo
ticeRangePerc=0.47,GrenadeEvadeCooldown=0,GrenadeEvadeMinDelay=0,GrenadeEvadeMaxD
elay=1,CQCDamage=20,CQCDamagePerSDL=2.5,AutoBlockDuration=0.75,BlockChance[0]=0.3
,BlockChance[1]=0.3,BlockChance[2]=0.3,BlockChance[3]=0.3,BlockChance[4]=0.3,Bloc
kPCSkillChanceReduction=0.033,BlockScalingDifficultyFactor=0.041,FlyingKneeBlockC
hance=0,FlyingKneeBlockPCSkillChanceReduction=0,FlyingKneeBlockScalingDifficultyF
actor=0,RoundhouseBlockChance=0,RoundhouseBlockPCSkillChanceReduction=0,Roundhous
eBlockScalingDifficultyFactor=0,CounterDelay=3,CounterChance[0]=0,CounterChance[1
]=0.1,CounterChance[2]=0.2,CounterChance[3]=0.15,CounterChance[4]=0.1,CounterPCSk
illChanceReduction=0.06,CounterScalingDifficultyFactor=0.04,bFragileOrdinance=FAL
SE,bNumberOfTimesCanHeal=0,FamiliarWithNoiseMaker=FALSE,bHasBeserkAbility=FALSE,J
amsRadar=JAMSRADAR_NEVER,bUseFastReload=FALSE,RunSpeedMult=1,SuspiciousMoveSpeed=
35,bBeltedAmmo=FALSE,)

All sounds can be edited. The sound dropoff meters and rate could be useful so that enemies are more alerted further away.

APNoiseStats.ini

Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_M_PISTOL,Noise_Level=28,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_M_SMG,Noise_Level=26,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_M_ASSAULT,Noise_Level=30,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_M_SHOTGUN,Noise_Level=36,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_SNIPERRIFLE,Noise_Level=16,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_HEAVY_WEAPON,Noise_Level=36,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_TURRET,Noise_Level=36,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_RECON,Noise_Level=10,Build_Up_Seconds=2)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_SILENT_TAKEDOWN,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_WALK,Noise_Level=14,Build_Up_Seconds=2)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_PLANT_PUCK,Noise_Level=8,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_RELOADING,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DOOR_OPEN,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_RUN,Noise_Level=17,Build_Up_Seconds=2)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_SPRINT,Noise_Level=20,Build_Up_Seconds=1)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_CQC_STRIKE,Noise_Level=14,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DOOR_KICK,Noise_Level=20,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_EMP,Noise_Level=5,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_FLASH,Noise_Level=20,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_HIGH_EXPLOSIVE,Noise_Level=30,Build_Up_Second
s=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_INCENDIARY,Noise_Level=26,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_REMOTE_MINE,Noise_Level=30,Build_Up_Seconds=0
)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_EXPLOSION_SHOCK_TRAP,Noise_Level=8,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_GADGET_SOUND_GENERATOR,Noise_Level=18,Build_Up_Seconds=
0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_GRENADE_BOUNCE,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DESTRUCTION_SMALL,Noise_Level=12,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DESTRUCTION_MEDIUM,Noise_Level=20,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DESTRUCTION_LARGE,Noise_Level=28,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_DESTRUCTION_ENORMOUS,Noise_Level=40,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noises=(Noise_Type=NOISE_CALL_FOR_HELP,Noise_Level=32,Build_Up_Seconds=0)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_SILENCER,Noise_Suppression=16)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR0,Noise_Suppression=1)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR1,Noise_Suppression=2)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR2,Noise_Suppression=3)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_ARMOR3,Noise_Suppression=4)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=SUPPRESSION_STEALTH_LURKER_PERK,Noise_Suppression=1)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_OVERCLOCKED_PUCK,Noise_Suppression=-2)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR0,Noise_Suppression=-1)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR1,Noise_Suppression=-2)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR2,Noise_Suppression=-3)
Noise_Mods=(Noise_Mod_Type=NOISE_ADD_COMBAT_ARMOR3,Noise_Suppression=-4)
Sound_Dropoff_Meters=1.5
Sound_Dropoff_Rate=2

Edited by Spydude, 09 June 2010 - 07:49 PM.

MarteenDee

MarteenDee

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 55 posts

Smoother? I've been getting 60fps on this game easily. This really doesn't feel like a very demanding game.

Or do you mean load times and the like?

Both. I'm getting stable 120+ fps with this tweak and loading times seems to be faster.
With 16xAF and 8x edge detect AA it does matter.
Game simply feels smoother as it may use up to 2048Mb of RAM instead of 512Mb. Nearly no HD activity (except when loading levels and that damn weapon shop). I bet there's a way to redirect which packets and scripts are fully loaded into memory. Unless it's filthy coding - and that's the issue only Obsidian guys are able to fix...

Here's my APEngine.ini if you want to compare any values (use WinMerge or something similar):
Sendspace Download

Edited by MarteenDee, 09 June 2010 - 08:57 PM.

zkylon

zkylon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Tried the settings you posted earlier and i do feel the game going a lot smoother. With about the same settings (i put 2048 as my ram since i have 3.25 and i didn't know how much that amounted :p) it doesn't drop from 60 while i was getting 30-45 before. The texture popping is still pretty noticeable and i've noticed that the lockpicking minigame now moves a lot faster, which was kind of hard to get used to but now it's a definite improvement since with some practice it makes lockpicking somewhat easier/riskier.

SNIPER231JRC

SNIPER231JRC

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
I have a question for the experts

Which damage table goes with which weapon. How does one find this out?
Which accuracy table is attached to which weapon?

DefaultWeapons.ini

I am so sick of the poor accuracy of pistols even at close range...

Point at a wall - 3-5 feet away

unload a full clip into it, now watch the innacurate bullet spread... its bs total bs

How can you achieve a full stealth if the weapons are so inaccurate

I wasted 30 minutes on a stealth mission only to have the 12th guy open fire on my, because it took 5 friggin shots which I have all of my weapons on 1 shot 1 kill. 5 shots at very close range. What a way to make me furious, that sob never should have been allowed to open fire... 30 minutes wasted!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounded the alarm and might I add really ticked me off.

I wish there was a way to make notepad ++ replace all accuracy data at once

Instead I have to change each value individually.

BTW I started a new campaign as recruit and I am only using AR HK21 and Hamilton 45 all the way thru
I expect these two weapons to be standard issue recruit gear. I am carry out my missions with this load combined with combat armor and interceptor armor.

Example:
Accuracytable[15] (SpreadMinFiringDegrees=4.1,SpreadMaxFiringDegrees=12,SpreadReturnRate=10.2,Visu
alSpreadMin=12,VisualSpreadMax=500)

Changing to
SpreadMinFiringDegrees=0,SpreadMaxFiringDegrees=0,SpreadReturnRate=4,VisualSprea
dMin=0,VisualSpreadMax=0

I am so sick of bad inaccurate weapons even at close range

I tried replace
SpreadMinFiringDegrees=4.1

using the wildcard function of
SpreadMinFiringDegrees=*.* - it doesn't replace jack... I have to edit all 87 tables manually

Edited by SNIPER231JRC, 09 June 2010 - 11:03 PM.

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5637 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
You realise the pistol is pretty much made for critical hit headshots right? That's why it's so inaccurte when shooting without aiming.

If you use it like that, it hardly ever fails, but that obviously doesn't make it a perfect weapon if can't take your time to aim (but all weapons got their cons and pro's like that).

SNIPER231JRC

SNIPER231JRC

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
I always aim

I don't use corner shots or skills at all
I zoom in and fire, but I don't wait for the red crosshair's to appear

I'll upload a video and let you see it for yourself.
You'll understand then

Edited by SNIPER231JRC, 09 June 2010 - 11:08 PM.

MarteenDee

MarteenDee

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 55 posts

Tried the settings you posted earlier and i do feel the game going a lot smoother. With about the same settings (i put 2048 as my ram since i have 3.25 and i didn't know how much that amounted :ermm:) it doesn't drop from 60 while i was getting 30-45 before. The texture popping is still pretty noticeable and i've noticed that the lockpicking minigame now moves a lot faster, which was kind of hard to get used to but now it's a definite improvement since with some practice it makes lockpicking somewhat easier/riskier.

Yeah. Good choice for RAM values (3.25gig minus about 1gig for system services and other stuff running in the background gives around 2048Mb for game to use) and I'm happy that you found these changes improving the game.

Anyway: I was checking in Unreal Engine 3 documentation and found some interesting stuff.

Alpha Protocol don't use any "next-gen" Shader Model 3.0 bells and whistles, hence there isn't any option in config files to switch it on or off. But on the other hand - few games were made with SM3.0 technology and it's documented that Unreal Engine 3 have native support for it. So... I decided to dig a little deeper and experiment with what I've learned...

Outcome? (watch in full screen)

Posted Image

Unlocked SM3.0 support gave full AA and better AF options - all regulated by engine, so I could turn them off in my GFX control panel. Haven't seen any texture-popping during action yet (I'm now pretty sure that problems with Clearinghouse are from bad scripts or quirky .upk management). Only problem might be for those with weaker hardware - major FPS hit - from ~120+ to stable 60FPS (which is still playable, though).

Extreme visual quality tweak for people with strong hardware. Enjoy!

Sendspace Download

SNIPER231JRC

SNIPER231JRC

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
Hamilton 45 default pistol accuracy

its a friggin joke

Here is the video

Now if that is close range, imagine it as distance opens. Your chances of an accurate headshot are extremely slim

no crosshairs and no chainshot, do a walking while aimed headshot. even a crouched while aimed headshot during movement.

player1

player1

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Think out of box. How big is the circle shows how inaccurate is the pistol, not how big is recoil (big difference compared to standard shooters). So, use those critical shots, if you want to be really accurate, or use proper assault rifle if you want long range accuracy (just because you can point crosshair to someone far away doesn't mean that pistol should be as accurate as rifle). Or just don't aim for the head, but the body (so that whole circle is on enemy, increasing chance of actual hit). There is reason why body armor is more important then helmet.

Edited by player1, 09 June 2010 - 11:45 PM.

MarteenDee

MarteenDee

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 55 posts

....blah blah blah.....

If you want to play some shooter game, you should go and buy Conviction or Modern Warfare 2 - instead of RPG game.
In Alpha Protocol, to be more accurate with your guns, you have to gain experience and get some skills. There's also many upgrades available, which makes weapons even more deadly. Stop trolling on these forums and especially in this thread. There's no proof yet that any gun stats are moddable through config files...

Now - kindly leave, if you want to continue this idiocy - in every language, there's thing called "punctuation", and similarly - every game have its premises. You seems to not knowing either, which makes you a joke. Over.

---------------------------------------
Back on topic - could anyone with W7 or Vista try to enable DX10 support in above config (AllowD3D10=True) and check if it's crashing the game? Thanks in advance.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10164 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'll try that engine ini and see how it does, though I doubt my laptop can handle it. :lol:

blackwolfe

blackwolfe

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 78 posts
It sure did alot of different in the last level, ran alot smoother and looked better too. Atlhough in the beginning of the game it still stuttered acted all weird.

MarteenDee

MarteenDee

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 55 posts

I'll try that engine ini and see how it does, though I doubt my laptop can handle it. :*

Instead of inserting it straight to your config files - grab WinMerge or any other file compare program or plugin and check changed lines with your APEngine.ini. I'll make comprehensive list of all changes/tweaks with proper explanation later, and I'll post it... in tech part of the forum.?
Only thing which keeps me from doing it is that I'm waiting until finishing with all ini files. Then I'll be able to sort out really useful tweaks which really works.

Anyway - compare files and in every value indicating that it's RAM or gRAM related lower every value proportionally to your hardware specs.

I was already playing again through Saudi with these settings and finally AP doesn't look like some half-baked console port*

*I'm still pretty sure, that behind the choice of leaving XBox oriented caching settings, hides SEGA - "wide compatibility with lower-end platforms" - as they call it.... Sigh...

It sure did alot of different in the last level, ran alot smoother and looked better too. Atlhough in the beginning of the game it still stuttered acted all weird.

I can imagine. Really depends on your system, but primary factor would be "cooking". Everything is cached in chunks and probably texture, model and logic packs are prepared to fit with narrow console resources. To keep smoother gameplay I had to expand cache settings - which means that with every new level game have to purge a lot of data and load new chunk of data. It creates huge HD activity. Luckily same textures and models are used for every next region - which means, that in bigger cache they can be kept longer - and used multiple times. That's why I asked if someone having 8GB RAM and 64bit OS could try to create RAMdisc and load all game into it. HD defrag helps a lot too.
It might be the only remedy for stuttering until Obsidian come with some patching...

Edited by MarteenDee, 10 June 2010 - 03:29 AM.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Thanks for investigating all this, it's really appreciated! And yeah, would be great if you could have a comprehensive list on tweaks and their effects if you feel up for it.

Keep up the good work and thanks for doing it!

MarteenDee

MarteenDee

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 55 posts

Thanks for investigating all this, it's really appreciated! And yeah, would be great if you could have a comprehensive list on tweaks and their effects if you feel up for it.

Keep up the good work and thanks for doing it!

Happy you like it.

I think AP deserves proper treatment. After so many unfortunate reviews I doubt if SEGA is going to give Obsidian green light for making any DLCs, Add-Ons or sequel. Hell... I'm afraid we won't get any patch, as devs might be already "redistributed", to work on next Fallout.
It's a shame, that witty and innovative games are bashed for some insignificant reasons and rot in Tesco bargain bins - when so many crappy and dumb games are getting recognition. I've seen that too many times.

Modding is my hobby - under different names I was doing stuff for NWN, STALKER, Mount&Blade, Freelancer, classic OPF... When I was tracking development of AP , its premises and engine devs used - I knew its going to be great platform for modding. I was using UDK before - it's very powerful tool. And IMHO - Alpha Protocol might only survive thanks to modding community (like Freelancer for example). And the fact, that it might be left behind by the developer, because of its poor reception - for the niche game it's even better. Less crowd, more involved and more adult community, and very slight chance (but always) that some of the devs, who was really believing in this project, may join us to give Mike Thorton a second chance and a bunch of new adventures...

:o

Edited by MarteenDee, 10 June 2010 - 05:25 AM.

wintermute

wintermute

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
Does anyone have any idea how to increase the range for critical hits with pistols? I think it should be just a tad farther...

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4238 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Space

....blah blah blah.....

If you want to play some shooter game, you should go and buy Conviction or Modern Warfare 2 - instead of RPG game.
In Alpha Protocol, to be more accurate with your guns, you have to gain experience and get some skills. There's also many upgrades available, which makes weapons even more deadly. Stop trolling on these forums and especially in this thread. There's no proof yet that any gun stats are moddable through config files...

Now - kindly leave, if you want to continue this idiocy - in every language, there's thing called "punctuation", and similarly - every game have its premises. You seems to not knowing either, which makes you a joke. Over.

---------------------------------------
Back on topic - could anyone with W7 or Vista try to enable DX10 support in above config (AllowD3D10=True) and check if it's crashing the game? Thanks in advance.

I'd still like to tweak the accuracy on weapons. Sometimes it just gets frustrating.

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5869 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Tried to run the game with AllowD3D10=True and it just crashes on startup.

P.S. : Yeah, I have Windows 7.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver, 10 June 2010 - 07:23 AM.

MarteenDee

MarteenDee

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 55 posts
Funny how people react on the same game - I'm rising AI skill and amount of damage enemies can deal to me on hard diff (first two hits = armour down, third hit kills, well maybe fourth if Mike's lucky) to make game more challenging and to create bigger sense of realism and danger and other come to complain about the game being frustrating..

Anyway - haven't check yet, but I would be surprised if it's all in some mere ini files. You can always install Notepad++ and use "Search in files" for anything related to "dispersion", "recoil" or "accuracy". Maybe you might find something.

Only thing I recall were some bits and pieces in connection with difficulty level (and it was AI damage and not weapon accuracy). I've lowered amount of damage dealt by any boss (well, actually the variable common for all bosses on hard) and upped damage dealt by regular grunts. And it's only because all bosses are so overpowered.

It was in APGamedata.ini:

HardModePawnDamageIncrease=0.25; <----- I've upped that to 1.50
HardModeBossDamageIncrease=0.10; <----- and decreased this to -0.80

Tried to run the game with AllowD3D10=True and it just crashes on startup.

P.S. : Yeah, I have Windows 7.

Was that with APEngine file I've submitted few posts ago?
I can imagine that it wouldn't add any visual value (as there isn't anything related to DX10 in shaders used by AP) but I was hoping that, thanks to backward compatibility and improved calculations, it could help to run the game smoother with my over-the-top visual tweaks.
Ah - btw - seems that shaders might be easily editable as they're not packed. Unless some of them were altered by Obsidian and these original UE3 shaders are obsolete.

We'll see - for me first priority would be altering how packs are "cooked" to get rid of lag spikes and excessive HD activity in some areas.
Secondly - to teach Mike how to walk instead of constant running.
Finally to map minigames controls to arrow keys without use of 3rd party applications and create gadgets shortcuts accessible during a fight without any need of using in-game menu. I'm afraid that it might be impossible without making some new scripts.

Theoretically it's possible to create user-made content and adding it through +seekfreepacket and content cooking folders through the ini files.
Haven't looked into the subject to say anything for sure, though.

----------------------------------
:p 1,880 thread views after only two days of existence... seems that people are really interested in the subject...

Edited by MarteenDee, 10 June 2010 - 08:10 AM.

Orchomene

Orchomene

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 699 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
For precision, you may try to change this setting in APGame.ini and test a bit :

[Engine.PlayerController]
bAimingHelp=false => true

For the issues of frames at rotation of the camera, one may try to lower the value of this (same file APGame.ini)
PlayerRotationSpeed=270000.0f

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users